New way of changing your trim , wheels ect - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
New way of changing your trim , wheels ect

Hay everyone!! I don't know if very many of you have see this, but there's a new way for changing you trim or wheels or what ever piece you want to fix up!! You can make your wheels or any piece on your car look like carbon fiber or any design you want!! It's called WATER TRANSFER DESIGN!! Go to YOU TUBE and look up WATER TRANSFER DESIGN. Or WATER TRANSFER PRINTING!! This stuff is amazing!! Check it out and let me know what you think!
I'm thinking about maybe opening up a shop to start doing this!!!
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Hay everyone!! I don't know if very many of you have see this, but there's a new way for changing you trim or wheels or what ever piece you want to fix up!! You can make your wheels or any piece on your car look like carbon fiber or any design you want!! It's called WATER TRANSFER DESIGN!! Go to YOU TUBE and look up WATER TRANSFER DESIGN. Or WATER TRANSFER PRINTING!! This stuff is amazing!! Check it out and let me know what you think!
I think that is what has been known as hydrodipping... It is cool... But not that new.

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yea.... Same thing!! But I don't think to many people know about it!! After dipping than a few clear coats,, it's just as good as painting!!! Alot better than paying so much to have someone do it by hand!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 06:31 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
That's pretty cool, never knew about it. How is the quality of the print? How would it hold up to exterior parts of a vehicle that regularly see the elements?
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

After you apply 2-3 coats of clearcoat, it's just as tough as the paint on your car!!! The say its just like paint after it drys
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I know a 18 year old that does it. His dad basically paid for all the equipment and he (18 year old) does all the work. He makes over 100k a year at 18. But cost a lot of money to start up. I live in Louisiana so a bunch of country people around here. I know he dips rims, bows (as in bow and arrow). A lot of four wheeler, bike, and side by side parts. Supposably he just got a deal with NASCAR. But I haven't heard any proof of that. But he makes a lot of money and only works a few hours a day. He's the only one around here that I know does it. Ill try and find out his website tonight at work and let you check it out. I say go for it if y'all don't have anybody else around you doing it.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpost08 View Post
I know a 18 year old that does it. His dad basically paid for all the equipment and he (18 year old) does all the work. He makes over 100k a year at 18. But cost a lot of money to start up. I live in Louisiana so a bunch of country people around here. I know he dips rims, bows (as in bow and arrow). A lot of four wheeler, bike, and side by side parts. Supposably he just got a deal with NASCAR. But I haven't heard any proof of that. But he makes a lot of money and only works a few hours a day. He's the only one around here that I know does it. Ill try and find out his website tonight at work and let you check it out. I say go for it if y'all don't have anybody else around you doing it.
Thank!!! I would like that!! No one around here in Kansas City does it!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
With a quick google I realized there's at least 5 in Louisiana. But they are located at least an hour and a half apart. With several hours apart on some. If I remember correct. One of the small tanks cost about 15,000 to 25,000. But that was a year ago.
Tpost08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Ive heard it's not exactly easy. I don't know for sure though.. All the places around here call it "hydrographics".. A guy here in town got into it and tried to sell it to my work almost instantly.. And then the guy he sold it to tried to sell it to us.. He had that im in over my head look on his face lol.. But it's pretty awesome and you could definitely make good money doing it
Old 02-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Shows one guy doing it in his bath tub and it came out great!! I'm going to do some more checking into it!!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Saw this technique on American Chopper about 3 years ago. Pretty cool.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Very cool man thanks for sharing!
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT