Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New way of changing your trim , wheels ect

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Srohda 
#1 ·
Hay everyone!! I don't know if very many of you have see this, but there's a new way for changing you trim or wheels or what ever piece you want to fix up!! You can make your wheels or any piece on your car look like carbon fiber or any design you want!! It's called WATER TRANSFER DESIGN!! Go to YOU TUBE and look up WATER TRANSFER DESIGN. Or WATER TRANSFER PRINTING!! This stuff is amazing!! Check it out and let me know what you think!
I'm thinking about maybe opening up a shop to start doing this!!!

#2 ·
Hay everyone!! I don't know if very many of you have see this, but there's a new way for changing you trim or wheels or what ever piece you want to fix up!! You can make your wheels or any piece on your car look like carbon fiber or any design you want!! It's called WATER TRANSFER DESIGN!! Go to YOU TUBE and look up WATER TRANSFER DESIGN. Or WATER TRANSFER PRINTING!! This stuff is amazing!! Check it out and let me know what you think!
I think that is what has been known as hydrodipping... It is cool... But not that new.

#6 ·
I know a 18 year old that does it. His dad basically paid for all the equipment and he (18 year old) does all the work. He makes over 100k a year at 18. But cost a lot of money to start up. I live in Louisiana so a bunch of country people around here. I know he dips rims, bows (as in bow and arrow). A lot of four wheeler, bike, and side by side parts. Supposably he just got a deal with NASCAR. But I haven't heard any proof of that. But he makes a lot of money and only works a few hours a day. He's the only one around here that I know does it. Ill try and find out his website tonight at work and let you check it out. I say go for it if y'all don't have anybody else around you doing it.

#9 ·
Ive heard it's not exactly easy. I don't know for sure though.. All the places around here call it "hydrographics".. A guy here in town got into it and tried to sell it to my work almost instantly.. And then the guy he sold it to tried to sell it to us.. He had that im in over my head look on his face lol.. But it's pretty awesome and you could definitely make good money doing it

#11 ·
Saw this technique on American Chopper about 3 years ago. Pretty cool.

#12 ·
Very cool man thanks for sharing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.