2.0L eco boost in a mustang - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2300turboford View Post
Wonder what the new shealby is gonna have in it
Saw an article AM posted on Facebook, it's rumored they might give the new gt500 the 1000hp twin turbo cobrajet setup. That'd be pretty awesome.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post

Saw an article AM posted on Facebook, it's rumored they might give the new gt500 the 1000hp twin turbo cobrajet setup. That'd be pretty awesome.
Just reread some of the thread, this has already been established. My bad lol
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #37

Region: Nevada
horse power increases on a curve. weight is linear. So very basically 100 HP increase is less effective than 50 LB decrease, above 400 HP. Saving weight is very important, that is why the major racing bodies have a minimum weight rule.
Bobavata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:27 PM   #38
Road Trip!

Region: New York
Here is my 2 cents on the future of the Mustang...

V6 still the base engine but, should be a single turbo eco-boost with 350hp.

GT still has the 5.0 but hp increase to 450.

I was told the SVT is dead and those type of cars are now designated ST so Ford should bring back the Cobra with a twin turbo 5.0 with 600hp. Called the Cobra ST.

Shellby should become a Hennessy type of car builder for Ford you buy a base GT send it off the Shelby and they build it up for you.
dobypaw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Just reread some of the thread, this has already been established. My bad lol
I kind of made that assumption on my own and am glad that AM is helping back it up lol. If you look at the previous Cobra Jets they have had the same drivetrain as the next generation Shelby's. But that's ust me playing conspiracy theories.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastV6 View Post
Here is my 2 cents on the future of the Mustang...

V6 still the base engine but, should be a single turbo eco-boost with 350hp.

GT still has the 5.0 but hp increase to 450.

I was told the SVT is dead and those type of cars are now designated ST so Ford should bring back the Cobra with a twin turbo 5.0 with 600hp. Called the Cobra ST.

Shellby should become a Hennessy type of car builder for Ford you buy a base GT send it off the Shelby and they build it up for you.
SVT dead??? Are you nuts? They're doing better than ever
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

SVT dead??? Are you nuts? They're doing better than ever
SVT cars will not be called SVT they are now ST example: Focus ST. A Dealer told me the SVT is gone. Maybe I should have explained that better. My bad.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eturner View Post
I hope Ford don't do this!.. Chevy just released that they will offer a TT V6 as their base Camaro. Base Mustang needs to be at least the Eco Boost V6 then.
That would be seriously bad news trying to compete against a TTV6 base Camaro with an Ecotec 4 banger. What sucks is that Ford has to put out the new Mustang before GM puts out the next Camaro. So once the boys at Chevy see the specs of the new Mustang, they just have to one-up the specs by a little. It's like cheating.
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM   #43
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky35 View Post

That would be seriously bad news trying to compete against a TTV6 base Camaro with an Ecotec 4 banger. What sucks is that Ford has to put out the new Mustang before GM puts out the next Camaro. So once the boys at Chevy see the specs of the new Mustang, they just have to one-up the specs by a little. It's like cheating.
Chevy has been cheating with the Camaro since 1967. They will never stop following the Mustang!!!

Even their customers agree... Chevy quit making the Camaro because of poor sales... They can thank Ford for the retro look that brought back the Camaro. Chevy Camaro is a follower and never the leader like the Stang!!! Including on the track. LOL
Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

SVT cars will not be called SVT they are now ST example: Focus ST. A Dealer told me the SVT is gone. Maybe I should have explained that better. My bad.
No it's not, SVT isn't going anywhere. ST is just the named for the suped up focus just like the RS is in Europe
Old 03-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Chevy has been cheating with the Camaro since 1967. They will never stop following the Mustang!!!
Amen

Competition is good tho it pushes these cars to be better and better
Ricky35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #46
Road Trip!

Quote:

No it's not, SVT isn't going anywhere. ST is just the named for the suped up focus just like the RS is in Europe
You will not see SVT on a Ford car anymore. That is what I'm getting at. The SVT teamis still together but the V is gone!!! The salesman was at a Ford training seminar and heard it first hand from Ford. These are not my words just repeating what the salesman told me. He also said the eco-boost will be in a future Mustang!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You will not see SVT on a Ford car anymore. That is what I'm getting at. The SVT teamis still together but the V is gone!!! The salesman was at a Ford training seminar and heard it first hand from Ford. These are not my words just repeating what the salesman told me. He also said the eco-boost will be in a future Mustang!!!
Ford would be stupid not to make an ecoboost mustang!! And that sucks cause I like the ring of SVT better than ST, hahaha
Old 03-01-2013, 05:43 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Quote:
One thing is a guarantee the new Mustang will have a rear independent suspension!!!
I heard split axle.
Stanglover1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:20 AM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Last night while enjoying my first meet and greet with my mustang club I met a member who showed up in his Ford Focus ST. A few of us went for a short cruise and the Focus St came along with us. That ST was bad a$$. Now I'm not saying this Focus was faster than a factory V6 mustang but damn, I was definitely impressed. That ST moved sweet. I later got talking to the owner of this ST and asked what the hell work he had done to his engine to make that Focus so fast. He laughed and said nothing. He said its completely factory stock, 4 Banger, ecoboost, turbo engine. Factory power was like 260 HP and around 280 plus torque. My eyes were then wide open and could not believe the power this 4 Banger had. OMG.

I can't imagine why people would give a rats a$$ if Ford gave the next generation a 4 banger, turbo, ecoboost, 350 HP factory stock engine. Holy ***** that car would be fast. Or a turbo ecoboost, 6 Banger. My god those ecoboost engines are powerful.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #50

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post
Last night while enjoying my first meet and greet with my mustang club I met a member who showed up in his Ford Focus ST. A few of us went for a short cruise and the Focus St came along with us. That ST was bad a$$. Now I'm not saying this Focus was faster than a factory V6 mustang but damn, I was definitely impressed. That ST moved sweet. I later got talking to the owner of this ST and asked what the hell work he had done to his engine to make that Focus so fast. He laughed and said nothing. He said its completely factory stock, 4 Banger, ecoboost, turbo engine. Factory power was like 260 HP and around 280 plus torque. My eyes were then wide open and could not believe the power this 4 Banger had. OMG.

I can't imagine why people would give a rats a$$ if Ford gave the next generation a 4 banger, turbo, ecoboost, 350 HP factory stock engine. Holy ***** that car would be fast. Or a turbo ecoboost, 6 Banger. My god those ecoboost engines are powerful.
True that it wouldnt be the first time there would be a turbo'd 4 banger in a mustang
SAfishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAfishing View Post

True that it wouldnt be the first time there would be a turbo'd 4 banger in a mustang
There's a reason they haven't returned to it though....lol
Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #52

Quote:

There's a reason they haven't returned to it though....lol
Not saying id buy it but as long people buy it and they still make the v8s who cares it keeps the company we all love in business and they will continue making the cars and trucks we want!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not saying id buy it but as long people buy it and they still make the v8s who cares it keeps the company we all love in business and they will continue making the cars and trucks we want!
Oh exactly! As long as I can buy a V8 I'm happy! Cause I love my 4.0 but I would kill for one more liter! Haha
Old 03-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #54

Quote:

Oh exactly! As long as I can buy a V8 I'm happy! Cause I love my 4.0 but I would kill for one more liter! Haha
Haha it would be nice to .4 more liters haha
Old 03-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha it would be nice to .4 more liters haha
.4??
Old 03-04-2013, 06:22 AM   #56

Quote:

.4??
I got the 4.6 lol or just a multivalve 4.6
Old 03-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I would just get the 5.0L, if I want fuel economy then I'll just get a focus. I understand it for the euro market, and I'll guarantee it will be available here, but I doubt it will be popular with anyone. Except maybe teenage girls who's daddy's don't want them to have power.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
I would just get the 5.0L, if I want fuel economy then I'll just get a focus. I understand it for the euro market, and I'll guarantee it will be available here, but I doubt it will be popular with anyone. Except maybe teenage girls who's daddy's don't want them to have power.
Haha well said!
Old 03-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
To put a 4 cylinder in a mustang is like putting a 6 cylinder in a Ferrari Enzo it's just wrong, mustangs are supposed to be in your face owning the road, not... let's get 40mpg and sound like a Honda... It's supposed to be loud proud and fast
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
to put a 4 cylinder in a mustang is like putting a 6 cylinder in a ferrari enzo it's just wrong, mustangs are supposed to be in your face owning the road, not... Let's get 40mpg and sound like a honda... It's supposed to be loud proud and fast
well ****in said!!!! +1,000,000
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
To put a 4 cylinder in a mustang is like putting a 6 cylinder in a Ferrari Enzo it's just wrong, mustangs are supposed to be in your face owning the road, not... let's get 40mpg and sound like a Honda... It's supposed to be loud proud and fast
Yeah, right on bro! and woman should be home cooking, cleaning, barefoot, pregnant and servicing our every cardinal desire. F those damn 4 bangers, in your face.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:14 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
You obviously forget about the SVO mustang which was as quick as the gt of its time. It would make for a nice factory sleeper as well, and get better fuel economy.

About as in your face as it gets from a measly 4banger.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1048192821.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	582.2 KB
ID:	96928  

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post

You obviously forget about the SVO mustang which was as quick as the gt of its time. It would make for a nice factory sleeper as well, and get better fuel economy.

+1
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post

Okay then I'll put a turbo on the gt and see if it'll keep up? The svo was 2.3l turbo charged 4cylinder with 200hp but the gt was a v8 with 200hp and naturally aspirated... I mean I see what your sayin but those only lasted 2years?? 1984-1986, cause a 4banger does not belong in a mustang, and if your wanting to buy a mustang for fuel econmy then your in the wrong market.. I'll go to the Honda lot for one of those again mustangs are supposed to be beasts on the roads, untamed, and of course LOUD and not sewer pipe loud
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Who cares if they put a 4 banger in it??? It's not affecting you in any way. Ford is just keeping up with the times. Hating on a 4 cylinder mustang is just ignorant and its just as bad as the GT guys who hate on the sixxers. They're all mustangs whether it be a 4, 6, or 8 cylinders, were all brothers and sisters so don't hate just because its not an 8
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinknoll View Post
Who cares if they put a 4 banger in it??? It's not affecting you in any way. Ford is just keeping up with the times. Hating on a 4 cylinder mustang is just ignorant and its just as bad as the GT guys who hate on the sixxers. They're all mustangs whether it be a 4, 6, or 8 cylinders, were all brothers and sisters so don't hate just because its not an 8
It's just my opinion. I had a sixxer and not making fun of anyone else who has one either
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I agree, as long as they keep a V8 in the mustang as an option then they can do what they want as far as concerned!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular
Supporter

Region: Louisiana
Quote:

Okay then I'll put a turbo on the gt and see if it'll keep up? The svo was 2.3l turbo charged 4cylinder with 200hp but the gt was a v8 with 200hp and naturally aspirated... I mean I see what your sayin but those only lasted 2years?? 1984-1986, cause a 4banger does not belong in a mustang, and if your wanting to buy a mustang for fuel econmy then your in the wrong market.. I'll go to the Honda lot for one of those again mustangs are supposed to be beasts on the roads, untamed, and of course LOUD and not sewer pipe loud
The SVO yes, but the turbo 4 cylinder gt was around longer. The 2.3l was the only other option from 87-93.

93 GT with more junkyard mods than you can imagine.
90 GT bone stock down to the air filter, awaiting restoration.
Join Mustang Evolution today. Click here
93slowstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I agree, as long as they keep a V8 in the mustang as an option then they can do what they want as far as concerned!
They are. Ford wouldn't ditch all that R and D they did for the coyote. I heard they are gonna have the 5.0, ecoboost sixxer, and ecoboost 4 cylinder
306 H/C/I, holley 4 barrel, T5, Hurst Shifter, Subframe connectors, 8.8 w/ 3.55 posi, 4 piston front disc brakes, SN95 rear disc brakes, shelby drop, 620 springs, Mideye 4.5 Leaf Springs, bilstein shocks.
austinknoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:26 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
I think the fear is Ford making a 4 banger eco car with a 19 sec 1/4 time. That's the first thought when someone says 4 cylinder Mustang. But if it's Turbo and quick, then it'll be ok. It's a Mustang and it needs to have performance even in the base model, just like the currect V6's. They're not GT's but they still can haul ***.
It's not GT guys hating sixxers, everyone just wants the best vehicle. It's the same way the Shelby guys feel towards the GT's. Their cars are faster stock.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Aggiesrok is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT