Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2.0L eco boost in a mustang

8K views 125 replies 27 participants last post by  99ford 
#1 ·
Just heard on Top Gear that the mustang will arrive in the U.K. for 2015 with the 2.0 L eco boost engine only. I'm not sure what that means for North America. But I'm sure the engine choices will be the same. I'm certain the 5.0L is staying. But sounds like 3.7 is on its way out.

#97 ·
I hope Ford continues to offer a selection like ours now. A more consumer friendly model (cheap, cheerful, gets the job done) - our v6 or future ecoboost, a step up with a significant powerhouse - our NA v8 or ttv6, and then a complete monster- the GT500.

I think its a great range, and I hope they continue (what I think) is something for everyone.

#99 ·
alrefire said:
When thy take away the v8 is when it's not a mustang anymore

While its true That the mustang started a a sixxer, it quickly evolved, and the 8 has been the norm.
If they make a 400 hp 4 cyl turbo, then the 8 will definitely have like 600.
There's no way they'd get rid of the 8
What about a twin turbo v6 like GM? 430 hp, almost as much torque.

#102 ·
Wow everyone take a deep breath! I love the excitement over a few engines only true car enthusiasts can get this excited.

I was at the Atlanta Auto Show, this past weekend, and Ford was glowing about their Mustang engines. In fact I didn't see one Ecoboost engine on display they had both the Cyclone, and the Coyote with several facts printed out and pasted on them. It was a big hit with people, some of the Mopar and Chevy guys were raising their eye brows. Alan Mullally, said a while back that It's a time of great change, and who knows what the future will bring. He didn't know if Turbos are the answer, electric, or Hybrids.

A lot of it will boil down to economics! Considering a large part of economics is consumer tastes and preferences, we should see a Mustang that suits everyone across the board.

#103 ·
Wow everyone take a deep breath! I love the excitement over a few engines only true car enthusiasts can get this excited.

I was at the Atlanta Auto Show, this past weekend, and Ford was glowing about their Mustang engines. In fact I didn't see one Ecoboost engine on display they had both the Cyclone, and the Coyote with several facts printed out and pasted on them. It was a big hit with people, some of the Mopar and Chevy guys were raising their eye brows. Alan Mullally, said a while back that It's a time of great change, and who knows what the future will bring. He didn't know if Turbos are the answer, electric, or Hybrids.

A lot of it will boil down to economics! Considering a large part of economics is consumer tastes and preferences, we should see a Mustang that suits everyone across the board.
There better be one to suit my tastes in the future :p
Otherwise I will probably go in my corner and cry...

#108 ·
When they stop offering a v8 I'll start worrying about what the other engine options are. Until then, why is anyone getting in a huffy over this? I mean seriously, if they offer a 4 cylinder, cool, I wouldn't buy one but I'm sure a ton of other people would. I know a hell of a lot of people that would never buy a v8 in a car so I think it's a good move by Ford to do that. V8's are getting such a negative connotation these days that offering a wide variety of powerful motors for a wider range of people will do nothing but help them sell more cars. This will also do nothing but cause Ford to keep having a reason in making a rather large 2 door car that is quite impratical by most standards. As long as they have a v8 that I love they can offer it in any other way they want as long as they keep producing them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.