2.0L eco boost in a mustang - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford View Post

what day were you there? I didn't have to wait to sit in the Shelby haha

So you know exactly what I'm talking about. People were laughing at the fact they were Naturally Aspirated, but you saw that display
Well I only saw a line for a little bit, I didn't have to wait either but I was there on the Friday! And yeah I saw they had the 3.7 and the 5.0 and people were just marveling over them!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2063616155.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	97406  
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #107
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post

Well I only saw a line for a little bit, I didn't have to wait either but I was there on the Friday! And yeah I saw they had the 3.7 and the 5.0 and people were just marveling over them!
Haha I almost went Friday, but I skipped church and went to the Auto Show on Sunday.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
When they stop offering a v8 I'll start worrying about what the other engine options are. Until then, why is anyone getting in a huffy over this? I mean seriously, if they offer a 4 cylinder, cool, I wouldn't buy one but I'm sure a ton of other people would. I know a hell of a lot of people that would never buy a v8 in a car so I think it's a good move by Ford to do that. V8's are getting such a negative connotation these days that offering a wide variety of powerful motors for a wider range of people will do nothing but help them sell more cars. This will also do nothing but cause Ford to keep having a reason in making a rather large 2 door car that is quite impratical by most standards. As long as they have a v8 that I love they can offer it in any other way they want as long as they keep producing them.
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Haha I almost went Friday, but I skipped church and went to the Auto Show on Sunday.
Haha wow! But for real the GM section was lonely compared to the Ford section!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM   #110
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
I seen this while searching on google...

Attachment 97417
I think it was on an echo boost forum. Not bad in the front and mid are, but I don't care for the back at all. Plus, it will look like a Camaro front the side.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I think it was on an echo boost forum.
I do not like it at all
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #112
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Attachment 97418
Start with ^this and make a better hind end.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

I recently spoke with my Ford dealer, me and my dad have been buying from him since the early 90s and he hinted at the fact that literally none of the rumored online pictures are correct!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Go back new edge style(;
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:29 PM   #115
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
I recently spoke with my Ford dealer, me and my dad have been buying from him since the early 90s and he hinted at the fact that literally none of the rumored online pictures are correct!
That's pretty cool actually.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Now that's about the only believable information I have heard yet. Those pictures are just some people's rendition of what the car may look like or hopes it looks like. We have no clue
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #117
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Haha wow! But for real the GM section was lonely compared to the Ford section!
Yeah it was! But Lincoln was pitiful compared to Cadillac.

Ford had some strategy 2 Mustangs, the engines, and all the way across was the Raptor with the Fusion hybrid, and fuel efficient cars in between.

They didn't really talk much about their EcoBoost engines, I should've started asking them questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

I think it was on an echo boost forum. Not bad in the front and mid are, but I don't care for the back at all. Plus, it will look like a Camaro front the side.
Haha
See until Chevy decides to yank the six I don't think Ford will.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Now that's about the only believable information I have heard yet. Those pictures are just some people's rendition of what the car may look like or hopes it looks like. We have no clue
Yeah look at some of the early renderings of the NewEdge. I just hope it doesn't get leaked like how the Vette did.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah he was talking about how the 5.0 is here to stay for a while and it's potential is not even close to realized yet! He was saying they'll get 500 out of it natural! And he also said that just cause the mustang is going global doesn't mean it's gona go completely into European looks!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #119
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

Yeah he was talking about how the 5.0 is here to stay for a while and it's potential is not even close to realized yet! He was saying they'll get 500 out of it natural! And he also said that just cause the mustang is going global doesn't mean it's gona go completely into European looks!
What one do you shop at? Mustang HQ?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What one do you shop at? Mustang HQ?
John Bleakley Ford near Atlanta
Old 03-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Jalopnik somehow found someone that was in some focus group for Ford that had them look at the entire Ford lineup and the new Mustang happened to be in there with all the other cars. He also said that it looked almost nothing like the concepts that have been floating around and looked more like the current Mustangs than the evos concept. He also said it had probably the coolest taillights he had ever seen on a car, so if they found a way to make them even cooler than I think the 13+'s are, then I think we are all in for a treat.

I think he also said the window sticker and the summary of the car on board in front of it listed 3 engine options and a v8 was definitely one of them, so maybe the ecoboost 4 is a good bet to join the lineup.

In all honesty, who knows, but they are doing a hell of a job keeping under wraps which is kind of cool actually. It's pretty cool to have people I know and work with that have zero interest in Mustangs discuss what I think the new Mustang will look like.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

Jalopnik somehow found someone that was in some focus group for Ford that had them look at the entire Ford lineup and the new Mustang happened to be in there with all the other cars. He also said that it looked almost nothing like the concepts that have been floating around and looked more like the current Mustangs than the evos concept. He also said it had probably the coolest taillights he had ever seen on a car, so if they found a way to make them even cooler than I think the 13+'s are, then I think we are all in for a treat.
If the new 15 design mustang looks more like the current mustang, then how new can it really be.
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If the new 15 design mustang looks more like the current mustang, then how new can it really be.
Well it was based on them showing him the evos concept and the other one that was floating around. He said it looked less like the Fusion that the evos concept looks like and more of a current Mustang with a few hints of the Focus.

Basically he was stressing that it does look different and is more in line with the current crop of Ford's, but you'll still be able to tell that it's a Mustang.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:17 PM   #124
AKE
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

I think he also said the window sticker and the summary of the car on board in front of it listed 3 engine options and a v8 was definitely one of them, so maybe the ecoboost 4 is a good bet to join the lineup.

In all honesty, who knows, but they are doing a hell of a job keeping under wraps which is kind of cool actually. It's pretty cool to have people I know and work with that have zero interest in Mustangs discuss what I think the new Mustang will look like.
I don't think one of them is a four banger I think that one its probly just a supercharged option
AKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #125
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKE View Post

I don't think one of them is a four banger I think that one its probly just a supercharged option
That's a good point, I always forget that the Shelby motor is actually considered an option lol
Old 03-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #126
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Quote:

John Bleakley Ford near Atlanta
Oh ok cool I know of them.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT