Mustang Evolution Forum banner

ceramic or not

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Blairnr 
#1 ·
Is the extra price for ceramic LTs really worth it or should i just go with chrome?

#2 ·
I like ceramic way more than chrome. The chrome ones I've had discolored pretty fast too. I've had coated ones that you could bump your hand on by accident a few mins after shutting the motor off and not get burned, chrome is an instant blister. That shows how much heat the coated ones keep inside.

#3 ·
The chrome will get pretty discolored and dissipate a ton of heat compared to the ceramics. I went with the chrome when I bought L/T's last year for my old Mustang. Definitely could feel some heat through the floor boards and especially under the hood, but nothing to be alarmed about.

#4 ·
Ceramic for sure.

#9 ·
Not a fan of my previous BBK ceramics (Fox body), compared to getting other headers coated by Jet-Hot. The BBK's finish didn't last as long, and after 2 years started to rust at the welds. You get what you pay for...Maybe they're doing them better now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.