Muffler deletes question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:55 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Muffler deletes question

So couple things here for starters if you have muffler deletes have you ever been pulled over just for excessive noise? Will I be passed for inspection with no mufflers in texas from what ive read that's a no.. and how does the installation process work and comments greatly appreciated
MustangForEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangForEver View Post
So couple things here for starters if you have muffler deletes have you ever been pulled over just for excessive noise? Will I be passed for inspection with no mufflers in texas from what ive read that's a no.. and how does the installation process work and comments greatly appreciated
If you cut off your mufflers your car will be LOUD. You can just take it to any muffler shop and ask them to remove them. Ask around for prices and search for reviews. My .02
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post

If you cut off your mufflers your car will be LOUD. You can just take it to any muffler shop and ask them to remove them. Ask around for prices and search for reviews. My .02
This is exactly what I did for a while, all the work they did, bending and cutting the pipe all I was charged was 40 bucks for 4 welds. Just make sure to eye the exhaust tips yourself to make sure they're hung where you want them.
2012Vader5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
OP,

If you're interested in muffler deletes, check out Pypes Pype-Bomb axle-back. They're a muffler delete axle back but have some baffles to add a nice tone to the exhaust. This may help keep some attention from the fact you have no mufflers, since it will take some rasp away.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be loud as hell! Lol I just think it won't be as obvious you're missing mufflers!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:40 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
OP,

If you're interested in muffler deletes, check out Pypes Pype-Bomb axle-back. They're a muffler delete axle back but have some baffles to add a nice tone to the exhaust. This may help keep some attention from the fact you have no mufflers, since it will take some rasp away.

Don't get me wrong, it's still going to be loud as hell! Lol I just think it won't be as obvious you're missing mufflers!

Shane
^^This. Pypes Bombs have a very nice, mellow resonated sound that still manages to scream. A friend of mine has them and they sound hella good. You also have the Flowmaster Outlaws. I used to own a set of these (sold them yesterday) and while they claim that it's a muffler, I don't put much stock to that. They're really just a muffler delete with a mile resonated canister in the middle.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Well I got the delete today it sounds amazing I jus hope no.cop trouble wish me luck
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Well I got the delete today it sounds amazing I jus hope no.cop trouble wish me luck
Glad you're happy with it. That's all that counts... well that and the Police lol.

Good luck!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
If anybody is interested I want to trade my pype bombs
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i love my pype bombs! i live in texas and theyre.muffler.deletes which is illegal, but no i have not been pulled over for they are not that loud. Also to get someone to pass you in inspection is fairly easy if thats it.
TruChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:36 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
If anybody is interested I want to trade my pype bombs
lol...why?
Old 02-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

lol...why?
The rasp has gotten worse. My whole exhaust is just rasp tere is no smooth sounds at all it's just 100% rasp. Trying to talk my uncle into trading me his stock gt500 axle back but if not and I can't trade them I think I may buy the MAC axle back or RTR axle back
Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

The rasp has gotten worse. My whole exhaust is just rasp tere is no smooth sounds at all it's just 100% rasp. Trying to talk my uncle into trading me his stock gt500 axle back but if not and I can't trade them I think I may buy the MAC axle back or RTR axle back
I don't think the rasp got worse I think you did what I did with the roush. They sounded different with the O/R x to the point you were giddy and excited and once that wore off it was....oh...this is terrible. Haha.

Exactly why I dumped the roush. Was rasp city.

If your gonna look at the RTR for what 550? Why not save a little more and get the Borla S-Types? 100% worth it.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I don't think the rasp got worse I think you did what I did with the roush. They sounded different with the O/R x to the point you were giddy and excited and once that wore off it was....oh...this is terrible. Haha.

Exactly why I dumped the roush. Was rasp city.

If your gonna look at the RTR for what 550? Why not save a little more and get the Borla S-Types? 100% worth it.
Ya I thought about borla but I wanted something a little different. Not to mention I have never seen a mustang with the RTRs or the MAC. Seriously leaning towards the MACs or maybe the kooks. Hell I just need something and ya I think your right about the excitement wearing off, I haven't even been cat less for a week and it's already almost a embarrassment to drive
Old 02-22-2013, 01:19 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Ya I thought about borla but I wanted something a little different. Not to mention I have never seen a mustang with the RTRs or the MAC. Seriously leaning towards the MACs or maybe the kooks. Hell I just need something and ya I think your right about the excitement wearing off, I haven't even been cat less for a week and it's already almost a embarrassment to drive
If I were you, I'd look into the Corsa Extremes, they are really loud when your on it, mild at idle, and no drone on Highway! The best of all worlds!!
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

If I were you, I'd look into the Corsa Extremes, they are really loud when your on it, mild at idle, and no drone on Highway! The best of all worlds!!
I have looked at those and love the tips. You have them?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Sense this isn't in the classified section I will post again here, I'm looking to trade my pype bomb, will take almost any other after market axle back or $175 for mine. I will be in Atlanta mid part of next month and I am going to be putting mystick mufflers back in if nobody wants to trade or buy these.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

I have looked at those and love the tips. You have them?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Sense this isn't in the classified section I will post again here, I'm looking to trade my pype bomb, will take almost any other after market axle back or $175 for mine. I will be in Atlanta mid part of next month and I am going to be putting mystick mufflers back in if nobody wants to trade or buy these.
Yeah I have the Corsa Extremes... They are worth every penny! No drone on the highway is a far cry from what my Saleen F150 is like, and to be honest it makes driving a better experience, I have the sound when I want, and don't when I don't want it! Sounds amazing around town.
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah I have the Corsa Extremes... They are worth every penny! No drone on the highway is a far cry from what my Saleen F150 is like, and to be honest it makes driving a better experience, I have the sound when I want, and don't when I don't want it! Sounds amazing around town.
+1.

I have they Corsa Sports... Great tone , no drone.

I wish i had got the extremes though. A touch too quiet at idle.

(By the way, these bad boys do not rust like some cheaper exhausts... The tips look brand new after 2 1/2 years)

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium
Corsa XO & Sport AB/Airaid/Bama 93R
Best 1/4 mile to date 60' 2.009
12.538 ET @112.33
100+ Deg 85 Hum RPR 3PM 1/2 tank street tires
nhcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Never been pulled over in Cali, deletes for over 2 years over 50k miles on em and no issues... With sound at least
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I am going to have to look I to them. Right now I'm about to pretty much redo everything. Going to be ordering a pro chamber here in a week or two and hopefully that should clean the sound up a little then ill decide on new axle back
Old 02-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Gotta say goin from gt500 to deletes makes a HUGE difference I love it
Old 02-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post

Never been pulled over in Cali, deletes for over 2 years over 50k miles on em and no issues... With sound at least
+1----where n cali?
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Gotta say goin from gt500 to deletes makes a HUGE difference I love it
You still got your gt500's
Old 02-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

You still got your gt500's
Naa Sold em.sorry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT