Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Tuning programs

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AMWill 
#1 ·
Anyone out there who is learned in the entire tuning area of the 2013 5.0.
Im not very 'up to speed' on all the different applications for tuning on these cars mainly because Im not going to race my car, but I do have a few questions about the applications.
If I wanted to get one of those Bama tuners that you can download tunes onto would I be able to find a tune that is directed toward economy and a seperate one for sport and then, if need be, be able to reset the computer to the stock tune?
I ask mainly because if i am just cruising and not pile driving the throttle i would like to get a little better mpgs, but still want the option of putting all the engine has to the wheels.

#4 ·
Haha i love this, i was expecting someone to comment on the mpg part.
Don't get me wrong i love my car, but i live in Texas so my drives are pretty far sometimes and i feel like i live at the gas pump so i didn't think it to be a bad idea to ask.
And just to add i love the power of my car, i owned my friend in his 2011 Camaro SS, he had no chance.

#3 ·
Yes! Bama will be able to get you custom tunes... You get three and free tune modifications for life.

You can request a econo type tune and a performance one.

And the stock tune is stored so you can ways go back to stock.

Reactions: jkattchee
#5 ·
What ever you do don't get 30 series tires. Worse thing if ever done. My average mpg went from 23/24 to 18-19. At 80 my engine is turning 2500 rpms.

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

86custom said:
What ever you do don't get 30 series tires. Worse thing if ever done. My average mpg went from 23/24 to 18-19. At 80 my engine is turning 2500 rpms.
I can empty a tank in four hours.

#6 ·

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

I can empty a tank in four hours.
...stock 18" pirllies and 3.73 gears 80 sticks me at 2250 rpms and mpg is 19.4

So really yours sounds fine too me.

#7 ·
nosympathy said:
...stock 18" pirllies and 3.73 gears 80 sticks me at 2250 rpms and mpg is 19.4

So really yours sounds fine too me.
I had 275/40/19 I could keep my mpg around 22-23 mpg and thats not paw pawing it around. Best average I've seen was 26 mpg. I also have 3.73. This car loves the highway ?

#9 ·
OP,

Our Bama custom tunes will be able to provide everything you mentioned. You'll pick up 1-2mpg with our Street tune uploaded and still have more power throughout the entire powerband, than stock. Plus, you can change tunes within just a few minutes with any of the hand held tuners we sell.

Give me a shout if you have more questions! I'll be happy to answer them!

Shane

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.