GT500 or Roush? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianw64 View Post
I have GT500's with longtubes and Hpipe and I dont know where people say they are quiet? If you idle its quiet, but when you mash it it sounds like a racecar, and im not exaggerating, my opinion and ive heard both, if you like deep muscle car rumble and loud go with gt500's.....thats just me, and everyone comments on how nice it sounds and how loud it is.....!
I will leave everything else in stock, so i don't know if the gt500s would sound same on my car. Is the stock midpipe same as yours?
hning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
You guys wanna hear loud???
Check this video I made last winter of my car.
btw- it was 30 degrees that day, my car does not smoke like that.
Turn your volume up!
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
the midpipe i have is a shorty hpipe that is made to use with the jba longtubes
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Get the Roush! Awesome sound and no drone.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Roush ftw
MustangForEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
You guys wanna hear loud???
Check this video I made last winter of my car.
btw- it was 30 degrees that day, my car does not smoke like that.
Turn your volume up!
what kind of mufflers? I only ask because that is quiet compared to when I had the Roush with JBA O/R X

and even now with the Borla Stingers I might give you a run for your money

Old 02-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
I just had a out of town shop install a set of Roush's LOVE THEM and no drone. I had to drive 60 miles home, no regrets.

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I just had a out of town shop install a set of Roush's LOVE THEM and no drone. I had to drive 60 miles home, no regrets.
Aww you have to do the work yourself that is the best part about buying mods.
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Srohda View Post
Aww you have to do the work yourself that is the best part about buying mods.
I agree but for the next few days its nothing but down poring rain and I don't have a garage let alone a driveway to work in. I hate paying for something I can do my self but this time I just spent the cash. In the end I'm VERRY HAPPY !

New Orleans FaceBook Mustang Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NewOrleansS550/
rm2092 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm2092 View Post
I agree but for the next few days its nothing but down poring rain and I don't have a garage let alone a driveway to work in. I hate paying for something I can do my self but this time I just spent the cash. In the end I'm VERRY HAPPY !
You definitely went with the right exhaust!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
If the Roush A/B is in any way similar in volume and tone to their Extreme Performance cat back system for the 05-09 its hands down the best option. My 07 gets nothing but compliments from other Mustang owners. When I trade her in for a 5.0 the first mod is a set of Roush axle backs! Even the wife says it sounds like a muscle car should.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbf102770 View Post
If the Roush A/B is in any way similar in volume and tone to their Extreme Performance cat back system for the 05-09 its hands down the best option. My 07 gets nothing but compliments from other Mustang owners. When I trade her in for a 5.0 the first mod is a set of Roush axle backs! Even the wife says it sounds like a muscle car should.
you apparently haven't heard the borlas. if you want a nascar sound by all means, get the roush!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

They both have slightly different sound, but I think they both sound fantastic. I am personally looking at a set of Roush's.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you apparently haven't heard the borlas. if you want a nascar sound by all means, get the roush!
Havent heard them in person on the 5.0 but I've heard them on 4.6 and the get too raspy in my opinion. But hey thats why we have so many choices out there so we can customize and build out Mustangs to suit our individual tastes. A coworker has an 04 GT with flowmasters and he loves it, and its nice but not quitw rivht to my ears, and another has Magnaflows on her 10 GT which to me are a touch too quiet. To the OP try to find some local cars with different exhaust setups and listen to them that way. All then YouTube videos in the world cant match hearing them in person.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
They both have slightly different sound, but I think they both sound fantastic. I am personally looking at a set of Roush's.
yeah I only say that because I think the mustang should sound deep and rumble and you don't get that with the roush. Lots of rasp and nascar like sound.

Speaking from experience here too. I had the roush and traded them away and got the Borla S-Types. I wouldn't personally get a set of roush's again only because the deep rumble is far better than the raspy nascar sound.

That is personal opinion. I just don't think saying the mustang was intended to sound like a nascar racecar, is correct.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Havent heard them in person on the 5.0 but I've heard them on 4.6 and the get too raspy in my opinion. But hey thats why we have so many choices out there so we can customize and build out Mustangs to suit our individual tastes. A coworker has an 04 GT with flowmasters and he loves it, and its nice but not quitw rivht to my ears, and another has Magnaflows on her 10 GT which to me are a touch too quiet. To the OP try to find some local cars with different exhaust setups and listen to them that way. All then YouTube videos in the world cant match hearing them in person.
...i still don't get borlas being raspy...

the borlas on the 5.0 are not raspy, the roush are...

I've got plenty of youtube videos with both, as I had the roush with an O/R X and traded them away and then purchased the Borla S-types that are on their now.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I have the Pypes Violators and they have a nice rumble when cruising with almost zero drone. They're quite inexpensive compared to most and even with my Pypes m80 mid mufflers it has a nice rumble to it and is quite loud when you get on it. I'd compare it to the loudness of a fox body with an o/r midpipe and flowmasters, not too loud but can be quiet if you want it to. If you want a loud and pissed off exhaust, get the Pypes Pype Bomb exhaust. I had them paired with the m80's and that set up was LOUD and angry sounding.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

To my ears the youtube videos make the roush sound deep and throaty and the Borlas raspy, but that could be a product of the camera or other exhaust mods. One thing I have noticed about the Borlas on the many videos ive seen is that they havent changed them for the 13/14 rear facia change and the tips stick out about 2 inches more than they should.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
To my ears the youtube videos make the roush sound deep and throaty and the Borlas raspy, but that could be a product of the camera or other exhaust mods. One thing I have noticed about the Borlas on the many videos ive seen is that they havent changed them for the 13/14 rear facia change and the tips stick out about 2 inches more than they should.
mustang acceleration - YouTube - roush
http://youtu.be/s10MEc32JoI - roush

2011 Mustang 5.0 o/r X with Borla Stingers - YouTube - borla
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

yeah I only say that because I think the mustang should sound deep and rumble and you don't get that with the roush. Lots of rasp and nascar like sound.

Speaking from experience here too. I had the roush and traded them away and got the Borla S-Types. I wouldn't personally get a set of roush's again only because the deep rumble is far better than the raspy nascar sound.

That is personal opinion. I just don't think saying the mustang was intended to sound like a nascar racecar, is correct.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

...i still don't get borlas being raspy...

the borlas on the 5.0 are not raspy, the roush are...

I've got plenty of youtube videos with both, as I had the roush with an O/R X and traded them away and then purchased the Borla S-types that are on their now.
Probably got the raspy NASCAR sound because of your O/R X.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:56 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

The roush and borla sounded similar fron the outside the car clips but the camera was much further away on the borla snip. Inside the car it was rather mellow but thats all a product of throttle position and gear selection. I can make my car sound almost as quiet as stock if I want just by selecting a higher gear in parking lots and low speed areas. Hence the reason its best to hear these things in person.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT