Economy vs. Modding - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Economy vs. Modding

Heys guys wanted your opinion on this.
I got a 2013 which i will soon drop 1 inch all around, was thinking of going full out and doing everything, but then i read i dont have to do much, just springs and upper strut mount upgrade, maybe lca, lca brakets and panhard bar.
My car is now going to be an weekend driver and show car.

Question is, should i wait and upgrade everything else strut and shock, or should i wait till they get old?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Can't answer your question but, I'd definitely get some lca's .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I think you can get by just fine with the stockers for the time being. I still have my stock struts and shocks and have a 1.25" drop, LCA's, and a bunch of Kenny Brown braces, 3rd link, panhard bar, and sway bars and it still handles like it's on rails For a weekend driver I doubt you'd really even notice a difference between them and a set of aftermarket ones. I'm sure they have their benefits, but I haven't had the urge to upgrade. The only difference that might matter for a show car is that the stockers are probably just plain black where aftermarket ones usually look cooler lol. That might be the only reason for them at this point of your mods.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I think you can get by just fine with the stockers for the time being. I still have my stock struts and shocks and have a 1.25" drop, LCA's, and a bunch of Kenny Brown braces, 3rd link, panhard bar, and sway bars and it still handles like it's on rails For a weekend driver I doubt you'd really even notice a difference between them and a set of aftermarket ones. I'm sure they have their benefits, but I haven't had the urge to upgrade. The only difference that might matter for a show car is that the stockers are probably just plain black where aftermarket ones usually look cooler lol. That might be the only reason for them at this point of your mods.
Thanks man, yeah im just going to.do that, and idc if mine dont look cool, i got other plans lol
Old 02-20-2013, 06:27 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Might want a pan hard bar to realign the axle.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #6
Road Trip!

Quote:
I would have to disagree with you. If you've never had aftermarket shocks and struts with a lowered application, then yes...you might not know what your missing. But once you've had a good set of shocks and struts paired with a good spring, it is a night and day difference compared to the stocks shocks and struts, and you will never want stock ones again.

Here my advice ozzy. Spend the money to do it right. Suspension isn't something you want to screw around with and do a half *** job.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

I would have to disagree with you. If you've never had aftermarket shocks and struts with a lowered application, then yes...you might not know what your missing. But once you've had a good set of shocks and struts paired with a good spring, it is a night and day difference compared to the stocks shocks and struts, and you will never want stock ones again.

Here my advice ozzy. Spend the money to do it right. Suspension isn't something you want to screw around with and do a half *** job.
You think the springs are goimg to get messed up and i dont do it right the first time
Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

What kind would you suggest? I'm looking to replace mine soon because they are about due for a replacement and was going to just get stock replacements, but maybe I should try out some aftermarket ones.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What kind would you suggest? I'm looking to replace mine soon because they are about due for a replacement and was going to just get stock replacements, but maybe I should try out some aftermarket ones.
Koni Str.t shocks and struts.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
You think the springs are goimg to get messed up and i dont do it right the first time
I think what he is saying is that there is a right way to do it and, for lack of a better term a shortcut way to do it. Getting shocks and struts that will operate in the range of your springs will increase drivability and longevity of your shocks/struts. That being said your aftermarket springs will be just fine, but plan on replacing the shocks/struts sooner than later. On the flip side a lot of people just use springs and lower the car with no real adverse effects.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
I think what he is saying is that there is a right way to do it and, for lack of a better term a shortcut way to do it. Getting shocks and struts that will operate in the range of your springs will increase drivability and longevity of your shocks/struts. That being said your aftermarket springs will be just fine, but plan on replacing the shocks/struts sooner than later. On the flip side a lot of people just use springs and lower the car with no real adverse effects.
Right on!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:

The springs will be fine. The shocks will be fine too for a while. But your ride quality will be worse than stock.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The springs will be fine. The shocks will be fine too for a while. But your ride quality will be worse than stock.
I have the money for everything except the konis,
i got the lca,lca brackets, panhard bar, springs, and gt500 mount
Old 02-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:

I have the money for everything except the konis,
i got the lca,lca brackets, panhard bar, springs, and gt500 mount
You know those mounts won't work for anything other than aftermarket ford struts right? And my ride quality is awesome with just springs
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

You know those mounts won't work for anything other than aftermarket ford struts right? And my ride quality is awesome with just springs
Did not know that, how much did you drop?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did not know that, how much did you drop?
Sporlines, so somewhere 2 in the back and a little over 1.5 in the front[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 02-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sporlines, so somewhere 2 in the back and a little over 1.5 in the front

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I have sporlines so around 2 in the back and a little over 1.5 in the front
Dam! Lol i was just planing on doing 1 inch, how low is your car of the ground in the front?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Dam! Lol i was just planing on doing 1 inch, how low is your car of the ground in the front?
Not to low at all actually. I think it's perfect and I've never dragged the front on anything, just have to watch out over speed bumps cause I have bashed my exhaust once or twice. Attached a few pics so you can get a good idea compared to 2 other cars.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1778296242.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	92045

Name:	image-856881960.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	511.8 KB
ID:	92043

Name:	image-4221084631.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	543.8 KB
ID:	92044
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Not to low at all actually. I think it's perfect and I've never dragged the front on anything, just have to watch out over speed bumps cause I have bashed my exhaust once or twice. Attached a few pics so you can get a good idea compared to 2 other cars.
Btw i have to send you what we talked about, but i want to give you a better one which im working on, have you done any video or photoshoots?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Quote:

Dude i really like how your car looks!
How much inches do you have from your front splitter to the floor?
Old 02-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

Did u get your new wheels on? I remember u mentioned on another thread that u were waiting to see what they look like b4 u drop
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Did u get your new wheels on? I remember u mentioned on another thread that u were waiting to see what they look like b4 u drop
I am ordering tomorrow, im waiting on my income taxes, got the rims tho

Name:	ForumRunner_20130220_215613.png
Views:	96
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	92047
Old 02-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Btw i have to send you what we talked about, but i want to give you a better one which im working on, have you done any video or photoshoots?

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Dude i really like how your car looks!
How much inches do you have from your front splitter to the floor?
Ya that would be great, and no nothing professional just a few shoots with my iPhone. I couldn't tell you exactly but I have at least a inch from the largest speed bump in Statesboro. I can also drive in savannah and downtown Atlanta no problems. The sporlines do a great job of leveling out the car but still keeping the slight bulldog stance.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya that would be great, and no nothing professional just a few shoots with my iPhone. I couldn't tell you exactly but I have at least a inch from the largest speed bump in Statesboro. I can also drive in savannah and downtown Atlanta no problems. The sporlines do a great job of leveling out the car but still keeping the slight bulldog stance.
Okay thanks, ill post some pics friday of my front splitter, then well see
Old 02-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #24
Road Trip!

I like the stance of the sport lines. But I hated the ride quality with stock shocks on my previous mustang with sportlines. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got koni's later on. If I never got better shocks, I probably would never have known.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I like the stance of the sport lines. But I hated the ride quality with stock shocks on my previous mustang with sportlines. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got koni's later on. If I never got better shocks, I probably would never have known.
I would imagine your right but the car is smooth as stock. I want to buy new shocks and struts but just not enough to go through the pain in the *** of installing them again.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
I am looking forward to getting new struts/shocks.. I have k-springs and it drives great but potholes are pretty bone jarring.. Certainly nowhere near stock

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT