Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Economy vs. Modding

1K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  11stangGT 
#1 ·
Heys guys wanted your opinion on this.
I got a 2013 which i will soon drop 1 inch all around, was thinking of going full out and doing everything, but then i read i dont have to do much, just springs and upper strut mount upgrade, maybe lca, lca brakets and panhard bar.
My car is now going to be an weekend driver and show car.

Question is, should i wait and upgrade everything else strut and shock, or should i wait till they get old?

#3 ·
I think you can get by just fine with the stockers for the time being. I still have my stock struts and shocks and have a 1.25" drop, LCA's, and a bunch of Kenny Brown braces, 3rd link, panhard bar, and sway bars and it still handles like it's on rails For a weekend driver I doubt you'd really even notice a difference between them and a set of aftermarket ones. I'm sure they have their benefits, but I haven't had the urge to upgrade. The only difference that might matter for a show car is that the stockers are probably just plain black where aftermarket ones usually look cooler lol. That might be the only reason for them at this point of your mods.

#26 ·
I am looking forward to getting new struts/shocks.. I have k-springs and it drives great but potholes are pretty bone jarring.. Certainly nowhere near stock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.