Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Invo vs Hankook

1K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  5LHO 
#1 ·
After 9 billion threads i came down to two brands and two differ sizes.
These two brands is what can afford right now.
Which should I pick?
Hankook
4-275/35/20
Total$870
Or
Invo
275/35/20
305/35/20
Total $1127

#6 ·
Used the V12 Evo, cheap as chips, tamed my 300 horse Speed 3 pretty well. Bit too soft a sidewall for a car of the Mustang's weight and power, in my book.

#8 ·
Can't say but, I expect so. It's a pretty soft carcass tire for a high performance tire. Great for ride, great for a lighter car. It tamed the most ferocious torque steering monster in my old Speed 3, for example, over the iron-hard Bridgestone RE50s.

The V12 is extremely quiet, rides well, has a good compound, works well in the wet. However, like I said, I think it might be a touch too soft overall and that means if you push it in a demanding car of the Mustang's weight and power, it may be imprecise at best and might dismantle itself, at worst. People on the road-race sites do report that very thing when they try to track the V12 in heavy, powerful cars.

Just cruising? Go for it.

#9 ·
Can't say but, I expect so. It's a pretty soft carcass tire for a high performance tire. Great for ride, great for a lighter car. It tamed the most ferocious torque steering monster in my old Speed 3, for example, over the iron-hard Bridgestone RE50s.

The V12 is extremely quiet, rides well, has a good compound, works well in the wet. However, like I said, I think it might be a touch too soft overall and that means if you push it in a demanding car of the Mustang's weight and power, it may be imprecise at best and might dismantle itself, at worst. People on the road-race sites do report that very thing when they try to track the V12 in heavy, powerful cars.

Just cruising? Go for it.
Its going to my dd wheels, i have tracking wheels already, i might step on it here and their, but not tracking those wheels

#10 · (Edited)
Probably fine then, just keep its limits in mind.

Me, I'll probably be springing for Invos next time, once the BBP Pirellis erase themselves.

Oh yeah, given the softer carcass, don't expect wear rates to be too great on the V12s either.

#11 ·
Probably fine then, just keep its limits in mind.

Me, I'll probably be springing for Invos next time, once the BBP Pirellis erase themselves.
I just heard nothing but negative rumors from my forged wheels friends on how they are not long lasting for dd, like i said i need dd tires, i guess i should just spend the money and get pirellis or michilen

#12 ·
Mich will give you double the life of the Pirelli and better grip in the bargain. They'd be my choice if money was no object. I've never had any complaints about them and I've beaten Mich tire mercilessly.

I was buzz-sawing the Hankooks down pretty good on my last car with 300 horses that weighed in at a little over 3000 pounds. This car has 100+ more horsepower and is 5-600 pounds heavier, hmmm. The fates of physics are aligning against long life....

#13 ·
Mich will give you double the life of the Pirelli and better grip in the bargain. They'd be my choice if money was no object. I've never had any complaints about them and I've beaten Mich tire mercilessly.

I was buzz-sawing the Hankooks down pretty good on my last car with 300 horses that weighed in at a little over 3000 pounds. This car has 100+ more horsepower and is 5-600 pounds heavier, hmmm. The fates of physics are aligning against long life....
I had nitto on my corvette, they ate through mad quick, not the invos though, it was the triple 5 nittos

#14 ·
fwiw, I have 8000 miles on my Invos and love them.

#16 ·
315/35-20's

#18 ·
I just went to an firged wheel shop and told my that 275 are more then fine, wont have any problems, wieght is no factor unless my car wieghs 10,000lb
Lets put it like that this, either hankooks and full suspension or
Nitto and suspension in the future? 6 months etc?

#19 ·
No rubbing whatsoever. They are mounted on 11X20 Steeda Spyders and I have never experienced rubbing on anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.