Mustang Evolution Forum banner

4.10s or stock 3.73s

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  tc x 4 
#1 ·
I have a 2011 5.0 with stock 3.73s. Would goin 4.10 be too low. And looking for a 17x4 15x8.5 dragstar fats and skinny set up. Any help will be appreciated.

#2 ·
its very little change overall, not even really worth the cash and the headache to do it (plus it requires a tune that will void the warranty if you have one still)

percent wise the change is very little~

#3 ·
Using a calculator here is a comparison to the old T-5 in the Fox.
1st gear in the MT-82 is 3.66 x 4.10=1500
1st gear in the T-5 is 3.35 x 4.56=1500

4.10's in the new MT-82 is the same as putting 4.56's in the old Fox bodies. Not many guys were running 4.56's in the Foxes because it was too much gear.

#10 ·
well there is your problem!

Lower Control Arms and Upper Control Arms.

The stock ones from ford are kinda mushy and give easy allowing the back wheels to break loose.

BMR would be my recommendation. If your not lowered realistically you could just get the LCA and you would notice better traction. If you are lowered you would need a mount for the LCA to realign it to the axle.

Basically. The axle pushes against the LCA and UCA and they push against the car. If they are mushy and give in they allow the wheels to give way and break free. By doing stiffer poly bushings you'll get better traction.

The tires will help, but this is important too.

BMR Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms with Poly Bushings - Hammertone Finish (05-13 All) TCA019H - Free Shipping!

BMR Mustang Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arm with Poly Bushing - Hammertone Finish (05-10 All) UTCA019H - Free Shipping!

those are my recommendations :D

I have their panhard bar and will be getting those two above with relo brackets shortly.

#12 ·
I can see the UCA needing to be adjustable but never have figured out for most people why the LCA needs to be adjustable.

I also haven't used steedas products so no idea. I just can tell you my BMR panhard bar is built like a tank. The quality is amazing.

#14 ·
2011 Kona Blue said:
I was told by the mechanic who is putting in my gears and driveshaft if you get LCA and UCA make it adjustable. I see Steeda has a upper and lower adjustable set. Would you recommend the Steeda set
The adjustable lca's are for getting that perfect launch at the track, if car is going to one side, you can adjust it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.