Struts install question - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

eibach sportline spring

1.4 front 2" rear so your spring is lower right?
Yes sir. That is why I was confused by what was said. I didn't think the sport line dropped quite as much. Close but not as much.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:31 PM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Yes sir. That is why I was confused by what was said. I didn't think the sport line dropped quite as much. Close but not as much.
My ride is not bad but I do think the drop was more than what they stated on the package as my front tires have about 1/2 to fender and the rear is a little less than 1/2. Have 19" rims. What size rims are you running ?
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
My ride is not bad but I do think the drop was more than what they stated on the package as my front tires have about 1/2 to fender and the rear is a little less than 1/2. Have 19" rims. What size rims are you running ?
they are the stock 18" rims, so 235/50/18 is the tire I believe.

I want 19" rims myself, I don't think I could do 20" rims with this drop. I have a feeling they would rub. I don't really want 20" rims anyway. 19" seems perfect too me.

the ride is really never bad, just when I hit a bump she really throws. I started wondering on the way home from work today since the back is what is tossing me if the fact I don't have LCA and Relo brackets and the LCA on their are angled backwards if that is making the bounce worse than it would be.

I will be ordering LCA and Relo brackets here shortly so I'll know for sure!
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:54 PM   #39
Road Trip!

Quote:

I want 19" rims myself, I don't think I could do 20" rims with this drop. I have a feeling they would rub. I don't really want 20" rims anyway. 19" seems perfect too me.

the ride is really never bad, just when I hit a bump she really throws. I started wondering on the way home from work today since the back is what is tossing me if the fact I don't have LCA and Relo brackets and the LCA on their are angled backwards if that is making the bounce worse than it would be.

The lca and relo brac helped to keep my rear end planted. May that will help you. After the drop my rear end was lose.

I still have not installed the uca because I don't have the uca bracket. I'm not too worry about the uca for now.

BMR pars are great and you can get them in red which is what I have. All red springs swaybar lca relo brac and the uca
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The lca and relo brac helped to keep my rear end planted. May that will help you. After the drop my rear end was lose.

I still have not installed the uca because I don't have the uca bracket. I'm not too worry about the uca for now.

BMR pars are great and you can get them in red which is what I have. All red springs swaybar lca relo brac and the uca
Yeah that is how the back end feels right now. Mush. I am going to do the UCA to but I have heard it really isn't important until you change out the drive shaft.

Plans are LCA and relobrackets from BMR, MGW Shifter and then maybe UCA and bracket or Boss Mani. Haven't decided.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

There is a highway by me that has basically developed it's own speed bumps in the last year and on stock suspension the back end goes nuts every time I go over them. So I think your LCA logic is probably correct.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #42
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I assure you that you will not be disappointed by replacing the uca and mount. That's stamped steel and the soft rubber bushings leave a lot of performance to be gained from replacing them. Also if you are lowered and still have stock uca, your pinion angle is off, especially lowering more than 2" in the rear. You get a similar effect by not replacing the uca as you do by not relocating the lcas.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:02 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I am on FRPP "K" 1.5 front and back. Seems perfect drop to me. On STR.T all around with other stuff and very happy. I'm using GT500 mounts and NO noise. I perfer just a tad bit lower in front look and rear up a tad visually. I love the stance on mine. When I need tires again I think I am gonna order another complete set wheel/tire to the door. I am looking at maybe staying 19's in front and 20's in rear.More rear tire options with 20's. In the day to come just get some Racestars to put in garage for track days.Just some thoughts. The STR.T is much better than OEM. No comparsion!
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:06 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
I am on FRPP "K" 1.5 front and back. Seems perfect drop to me. On STR.T all around with other stuff and very happy. I'm using GT500 mounts and NO noise. I perfer just a tad bit lower in front look and rear up a tad visually. I love the stance on mine. When I need tires again I think I am gonna order another complete set wheel/tire to the door. I am looking at maybe staying 19's in front and 20's in rear.More rear tire options with 20's. In the day to come just get some Racestars to put in garage for track days.Just some thoughts. The STR.T is much better than OEM. No comparsion!
So you are on springs only ? How did you fit the mounts i heard they dont fit with the oem struts.btw i love your car man i hope mine looks as good as yours one day
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 AM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
So you are on springs only ? How did you fit the mounts i heard they dont fit with the oem struts.btw i love your car man i hope mine looks as good as yours one day
he is on 2005-2010 Koni Str.t shocks and struts like I am but his drop isn't as harsh as mine so he was able to use GT500 strut mounts.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
No, well heres the deal.....When I done my first susp. mods I lowered with the FRPP "K" springs and yes using OEM struts,shocks and mounts.
Now, when I done this, I also had in hand and installed adjustable PH bar, BMR relocation brackets, "CHE" LCA's. Thats it all for the time being. I already had 19's staggerred on. I had alignment done and run the car like this for about 3000 miles and no issues.My goal all along was to install the KONI's but I was short on funds at that moment,but I wanted to go ahead and get it underway. I got the Koni's from a good dude who is on this board now and treats guys good on pricing.I got them in december but was not in hurry to get them on really. Long story short I just put them on few weeks ago. Love them and the GT500 mounts are really a major improvement. If I had the extra cash I would have like to get the koni yellow sports that are adjustable but I don't track my car but maybe couple times a year and have not even done this car yet at all. I only got 12,600 miles. I will when I get it like I want it. Like to go to VIR also but thats where the Yellows would be a great wish.
Yes you can use stock (OEM) struts and shocks. I believe Grabberblue50 used stock while lowered for quite a bit of miles, before going over to Koni's. It's no issue really but if you got the money go ahead and do it all at one time.
I got a few other new odds and ends sitting here to install sometime.
If you are looking to do your car....Look up Jayman33. He's good people and prices are best! PM me if you have trouble locating him. I'll have a few susp. parts for sell soon if you need any mildly used good deals.
You will wear out the OEM struts and shocks premature but they still last ya a long time.You will got a little noise from the cheap OEM strut mounts but noyhing serious. Be careful how you take them out or you can mess them up. If you go to ordering be sure to get with me or somebody on what you order. You will need 05-09 koni's when using gt500 mounts. Just alot of things you needs heads up on. Do alot of reading or PM some guys .
Thanks for the compliment on my car. I got a ways to go but I got some major plans for it.
Holla if we can help bruh!

Edit: Nosympathy is right with what he said as well.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:31 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

You can rent the spring compressor from autozone or discount auto parts for free! Leave t a deposit back from them

---------- Post added at 08:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 AM ----------

Sorry, stupid iphone5 touchscreensucks. Leave a deposit and get it back from them. Make sure you get the spring compressor for coilovers!
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:12 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

I went with 05-10 koni struts and gt500 mounts. I did springs first then a few months later did shocks/struts/mounts. The stock mounts are deemed by ford ONE TIME USE ONLY. I made certain to use cation when taking them apart and they still ended up making noise.
Also something to keep in mind. The 05-10 front koni's are about .5in shorter between the spring perch and knuckle bolts than the stock 11-14 struts. This WILL effect ride height!
2013 5.0 m6 base 3.31's tint 20in Shelby razors 255/35/20 falken fk 452's koni srt.t's sr springs j&m phb gt500 mounts upr rear billet lower ca's upr brackets upr adjustable upper ca flowmaster at classics steeda cat deletes airaid cai premium st brace jlt catch can MGW shifter and blk ball. Currently bama tuned 400hp 383tq. Zex blackout kit w/msd digital window switch, fpss, zex bottle heater, bottle opener, blow down, and purge with a dyno tune coming soon..
ddinn25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT