Diablosport tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Diablosport tuner

Does anyoneone know if the diablosport Intune tuner from AM with the custom Bama tunes will leave any trace of a tune on the PCM. Apparently Diablosport says it leaves no trace, no fingerprint, watermark, etc. I really want to tune my 2013 GT but not ready to give up the warranty just yet.

I posted this question on AM but no response yet.

So god forbid something bad happened to the engine can the dealership really see a tune if it's been flashed back to stock?

What does it do differently than the SF3/X3 to leave no trace?

Thanks for any feedback.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Not sure about the 13s but they said the same thing about my 00. "It won't void factory warranty". So i bought it. Car started acting funny so i took it in to be checked out and guess what? Warranty voided. So just be careful. I personally dont trust Diablo. Just my opinion though.
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I figured. Some things just seem too good to be true. Thanks for your reply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Diablosport tuner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmitty24 View Post
Not sure about the 13s but they said the same thing about my 00. "It won't void factory warranty". So i bought it. Car started acting funny so i took it in to be checked out and guess what? Warranty voided. So just be careful. I personally dont trust Diablo. Just my opinion though.
Hi, was your car taken back to the stock program? I also want to add program on my 11 f-150. that is still under warranty.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyd01gt View Post
Hi, was your car taken back to the stock program? I also want to add program on my 11 f-150. that is still under warranty.
At first no it wasnt. I was told by diablo that it didnt need to be returned to stock. The only way i got it fixed was because my uncle was the service manager at the time and he worked his magic to fix my car under warranty. He told me that they would still be able to know even if i went back to stock. I am in no way bashing diablos product, just their claims. The tune was good and I felt a big improvement over stock. I was just upset over the claim of "Won't void factory warranty"
bigsmitty24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
Does anyoneone know if the diablosport Intune tuner from AM with the custom Bama tunes will leave any trace of a tune on the PCM. Apparently Diablosport says it leaves no trace, no fingerprint, watermark, etc. I really want to tune my 2013 GT but not ready to give up the warranty just yet.

So god forbid something bad happened to the engine can the dealership really see a tune if it's been flashed back to stock? What does it do differently than the SF3/X3 to leave no trace?

Thanks for any feedback.
Hey,

Your best bet would be to contact Diablosport directly. We've heard that the inTune doesn't leave a trace, but I can't confirm if that's true or not. Either way, we don't recommend attempting to hide from the dealer. We always suggest just to be honest with the local dealers and see if anyone is willing to work with you! Sometimes, dealerships understand the fine lines of a warranty and agree that a tune is fine.

I hope this helps!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I'm getting ready to buy one of these but am wondering what happens if something goes wrong with the tuner after I install a custom tune and want to go back to stock? What is the warranty on these tuners?
smokeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

smokeum, here is the manual from the diablosport website. Warranty info is in section 1.2. hth.

http://www.diablosport.com/manualFil...ser_Manual.pdf
Old 02-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Pretty standard warranty, but I'm more concerned with my car. Can a replacement tuner read my stock tune from my laptop (assuming it was backed up) and reinstall it on my car if the original tuner goes kaploot?
smokeum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Just more redundant info...my dealer told me that if I installed any tuner, to remove it before bringing the car in for any issue.
As a sidebar, I installed a Granetelli (sp?) power puck in my dodge one ton, and it really improved the mpg/performance. It is still in the truck, 86K miles and way beyond any warranty issues. The diesel savings paid for the puck.
Good luck
mtnman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeum View Post
Pretty standard warranty, but I'm more concerned with my car. Can a replacement tuner read my stock tune from my laptop (assuming it was backed up) and reinstall it on my car if the original tuner goes kaploot?
not exactly how it works. If you save the stock tune to the computer and something happened you would contact SCT and they can take the new tuner, use the stock file and rewrite the "recovery" tune from it for your car, put it on the new tuner, and then you are set to go.

I've had to do this once, though not because of a bad tuner, and SCT was great and fast and friendly bunch to talk too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT