Procharger, Vortech, Paxton - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-27-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Procharger, Vortech, Paxton

I have 2013 GT and I just started saving up for a centi type supercharger. I like the other brands like whipple, kenne bell, rousch and ford but I am 99% sure on a centi type. I have done some research on the procharger, Vortech an Paxton and I can't figure out which one I want. I know with ether one I choose I will be happy but it's time to see what you guys would go with.
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbeast0712 View Post
I have 2013 GT and I just started saving up for a centi type supercharger. I like the other brands like whipple, kenne bell, rousch and ford but I am 99% sure on a centi type. I have done some research on the procharger, Vortech an Paxton and I can't figure out which one I want. I know with ether one I choose I will be happy but it's time to see what you guys would go with.
Same page as you, little by little saving for the blower and i am stock between paxton and procharger. Even thought i have a slight tilt to paxton, because of how clean it looks.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by McQueen View Post

Same page as you, little by little saving for the blower and i am stock between paxton and procharger. Even thought i have a slight tilt to paxton, because of how clean it looks.
Thats awesome! I had my mind set on procharger but I like the set up on the Paxton and Vortech. It seems they all are pretty much the same. They all have good hp and tq rating, drivability, and a nice clean look to them all. I also like the Vortech cuz they have a black set up. But I also like the polished set up as well.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

How about this. You get Paxton. Ill get procharger. Come out to Vegas and well hit the strip lol.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

I may be wrong on the newer Mustangs but I know on the older ones the Paxton had self contained oil so you didn't have to tap your oil pan. I was always going to go Paxton for that alone since I was always weary about that and they were the only one that was self contained. I'm sure if you have a shop installing it it won't make a difference but I never trusted myself tapping it and not getting shavings in my oil pan lol
Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Thats awesome! I had my mind set on procharger but I like the set up on the Paxton and Vortech. It seems they all are pretty much the same. They all have good hp and tq rating, drivability, and a nice clean look to them all. I also like the Vortech cuz they have a black set up. But I also like the polished set up as well.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

How about this. You get Paxton. Ill get procharger. Come out to Vegas and well hit the strip lol.
Deal lol, or you can come to miami and we can hit homestead speedway.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Deal lol, or you can come to miami and we can hit homestead speedway.
Ether way my wifes family lives in Daytona. Is homestead close to there? I dead serious lol
Old 02-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ether way my wifes family lives in Daytona. Is homestead close to there? I dead serious lol
Yea about 4 hours or so, or if you take the stang with the blower it will be about 45 mins lol.

Call team beefcake racing they just gave me a deal of 4700$ for the paxton 100% complete kit.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea about 4 hours or so, or if you take the stang with the blower it will be about 45 mins lol.

Call team beefcake racing they just gave me a deal of 4700$ for the paxton 100% complete kit.
Right! That would be a fun ride lol but thanks for the tip that's not bad at all.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I may be wrong on the newer Mustangs but I know on the older ones the Paxton had self contained oil so you didn't have to tap your oil pan. I was always going to go Paxton for that alone since I was always weary about that and they were the only one that was self contained. I'm sure if you have a shop installing it it won't make a difference but I never trusted myself tapping it and not getting shavings in my oil pan lol
The Paxton 2200SL is self contained , no tapping. You can't go wrong with any FI on these cars but I love my Paxton!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I'm trying to decide between a Paxton setup and a Turbo
BBK Cold Air Intake
ChrisMustangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl370 View Post

The Paxton 2200SL is self contained , no tapping. You can't go wrong with any FI on these cars but I love my Paxton!
Nice I think im leaning towards Paxton!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Are Paxton and Vortech the same company. They seem very similar?
Old 02-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Nice I think im leaning towards Paxton!

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Are Paxton and Vortech the same company. They seem very similar?
Yes they are the same. the only difference in the kits is the head unit. The Paxton is a bigger blower and can support more hp.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:50 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I'm Saving up for the same thing. I've been looking at a procharger
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalEl370 View Post

Yes they are the same. the only difference in the kits is the head unit. The Paxton is a bigger blower and can support more hp.
I thought so that's interesting
Old 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I almost went that route, but thought they only had Lund tunes. Is that true?
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:

Right! That would be a fun ride lol but thanks for the tip that's not bad at all.
$4700 for the complete kit???...Thats a good price. Kurgan Motorsports gave me a price for the black Vortech tuner kit $4059. He said injectors and tune were needed.
Ravnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Send a message via Yahoo to Tominkc
Check out the new Procharger model # I-1. It sounds like a hell of a set up for a supercharger!! I'm planing on getting one on my 2012 5.0!!
I live like 3 miles from Prochargers and I've been talking to them about the I-1.
Tominkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
Check out the new Procharger model # I-1. It sounds like a hell of a set up for a supercharger!! I'm planing on getting one on my 2012 5.0!!
I live like 3 miles from Prochargers and I've been talking to them about the I-1.

Here's a link it looks amazing!

http://www.procharger.com/i-1supercharger.shtml
Old 02-28-2013, 09:17 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I think I'm sold on this procharger I-1.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

I know I am!! It may be more expensive, but I think it will be worth it!! Since I live so. Close to Procharger, I'm going to get with them and see if they need a 2012 GT 5.0 for testing and show!!!

The I-1 is suppose to be ready for the Mustang 5.0 in April.. It is going to be a bad a** supercharger!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominkc View Post
I know I am!! It may be more expensive, but I think it will be worth it!! Since I live so. Close to Procharger, I'm going to get with them and see if they need a 2012 GT 5.0 for testing and show!!!
That would be cool let us know what they say if you ask. This system is innovation at its best. I think I will go with this it will give me time to save and if I don't get this I will go with a Paxton.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Interested to see the upcharge. Anything more than $2k (over the regular) will probably be low sales. I know I'd probably stop thinking about it if the price tag is north of $8k
Old 02-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Interested to see the upcharge. Anything more than $2k (over the regular) will probably be low sales. I know I'd probably stop thinking about it if the price tag is north of $8k
I think 7500 would be reasonable. I believe it would also come with the touch screen for monitoring so the price would go up just for that
Old 02-28-2013, 10:30 PM   #24
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I can't imagine the I-1 running less than $8.5k. But we'll see I guess

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Great thing about the 5.0 is you can do suspension, tires and engine upgrades to meet (maybe beat?) a gt 500. For LESS. Also, it's your project. An extra $4k on the sc cuts deep in that margin for 'less'. Doesn't mean they won't still charge $9k, but I believe they price themselves out of the weekend enthusiast market if they do
Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I was thinking it would easily be 10K, if it comes out for less I will be impressed.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Great thing about the 5.0 is you can do suspension, tires and engine upgrades to meet (maybe beat?) a gt 500. For LESS. Also, it's your project. An extra $4k on the sc cuts deep in that margin for 'less'. Doesn't mean they won't still charge $9k, but I believe they price themselves out of the weekend enthusiast market if they do
I agree 9k is a lot! your talking 3000 more then what Ive seen for a stage 2 p-1sc-1. I think a lot of people would just go another route. For me though its not about the money and to be honest I don't have the cash ether but I will do my best to save to mod my mustang. I just want a complete beast and I love superchargers!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:13 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravnus View Post

$4700 for the complete kit???...Thats a good price. Kurgan Motorsports gave me a price for the black Vortech tuner kit $4059. He said injectors and tune were needed.
Ya kurgan quoted my 7000 for kit+ install & tune and new clutch + install. That's on polished Paxton full kit

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Can somebody help me out as to why the procharger is so special it's worth 8-9k+? I mean it has a screen to adjust boost, is that honestly really needed? I mean if you have the supercharger you will get to the most amount of boost you can safely run then keep it there am I not correct? Why would you ever needed to change it
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:59 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Variable-speed staging of superchargers has been around since the 1930s. The reason it doesn't find its way into automotive applications is because it's not needed.

The range of air densities encountered by a car is pretty narrow and, any centri blower with a well-chosen step up ratio and head unit A/R is going to be "responsive' enough to blow any tire into next week, plus run hard up top.

This is an amazing technology they've devised here and the electronic control for this must be fantastic but, the fact remains, you can achieve most people's goals for power, durability and driveability with far less technical complication. Real engineering is using the minimum technological intervention to achieve the objective, not the maximum.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

You can adjust ratios. Centri's have lower boost at low rpm's (compared to what you get at the top). Looks like you can adjust the ratio to up the boost down low. Also hold multiple tunes I. There maybe?

Checked out the site, they've updated it since I first read it. Price is a 35-40% increase they say. Yup, I'm out. Paxton with a dyno tune and I walk away with an extra 2500-3000. Can spend that on tires, OR maybe I will stop throwing money at her and save it?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You can adjust ratios. Centri's have lower boost at low rpm's (compared to what you get at the top). Looks like you can adjust the ratio to up the boost down low. Also hold multiple tunes I. There maybe?

Checked out the site, they've updated it since I first read it. Price is a 35-40% increase they say. Yup, I'm out. Paxton with a dyno tune and I walk away with an extra 2500-3000. Can spend that on tires, OR maybe I will stop throwing money at her and save it?
Ya I can understand that but personally I like the centri for the reason that there you don't get into the boost until 3k+ rpm. I personally don't need boost before 3k enough problems getting traction as it is. And changing tunes and stuff like that, get one good tune and stay with there's no reason to change.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:59 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post

Ya kurgan quoted my 7000 for kit+ install & tune and new clutch + install. That's on polished Paxton full kit

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

Can somebody help me out as to why the procharger is so special it's worth 8-9k+? I mean it has a screen to adjust boost, is that honestly really needed? I mean if you have the supercharger you will get to the most amount of boost you can safely run then keep it there am I not correct? Why would you ever needed to change it
Exactly what I was thinking! With a centri more so than any other power adder the car drives like stock when you're not in boost. So it's not like you'd need to run more boost at the track and then dial it down for street use. Your telling me someone will have a tune that makes 650 whp but then sometimes they'll switch it back to their 575 whp tune? Come on, really there's no need
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post

Exactly what I was thinking! With a centri more so than any other power adder the car drives like stock when you're not in boost. So it's not like you'd need to run more boost at the track and then dial it down for street use. Your telling me someone will have a tune that makes 650 whp but then sometimes they'll switch it back to their 575 whp tune? Come on, really there's no need
Exactly, I mean I am by no means a pro but I feel that if my car can make 600+ why would I ever want to go down?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe I give them too much credit.... But I assumed the differences would be to the upside. Maybe ratio/tune that gives you 700+
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

You can adjust your boost so your have no lag at 1500 RPM's than the auto ratio changes as your RPM's build and let your boost rise to keep you in the HP RANGE through out the RPM RANGE

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT