Suspension..What Im I missing? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 03:06 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Suspension..What Im I missing?

Tokico D Spec Shocks and Strut
1 inch ford racing springs
Bmr Panhard Bar
Bmr lca
Bmr lca bracket
Ford racing front and rear sway bars
.....gt500 mount or steeda hd mounts, cant decide help!
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Bmr Panhard Bar
Bmr lca
Bmr lca bracket
koni shocks and struts instead of the others.

gt500 mount

BMR UCA too along with bracket

also stop posting a friggin boatload of posts asking the same questions. One friggin thread is all you need.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:53 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

koni shocks and struts instead of the others.

gt500 mount

BMR UCA too along with bracket

also stop posting a friggin boatload of posts asking the same questions. One friggin thread is all you need.
I promise you that if everyone just agreed on one thing i wouldve purchase the suspension long time ago and wouldnt ask so many damn times, for example, why koni? Everyone says tokico and koni, but i made my decision on tokico as of a while ago, i just want my car to squeal without the correct mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
The gt500 mounts and the Steeda mounts are very different. The gt500 mounts will be just fine and have less nvh than the stock mounts, but the Steeda mounts are also CC plates. Which is very different. I would get the gt500 mounts and call it a day UNLESS you track the car or you're going VERY low. Also do not forget you uca with tq mount.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The gt500 mounts and the Steeda mounts are very different. The gt500 mounts will be just fine and have less nvh than the stock mounts, but the Steeda mounts are also CC plates. Which is very different. I would get the gt500 mounts and call it a day UNLESS you track the car or you're going VERY low. Also do not forget you uca with tq mount.
Tq mount?
Old 02-28-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Did you uca mount?

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

How can i get all the precise torque pressure to all the parts im installing, does the manual explain?
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
"also stop posting a friggin boatload of posts asking the same questions. One friggin thread is all you need."
Big +1^
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #8
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Did you uca mount?

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

How can i get all the precise torque pressure to all the parts im installing, does the manual explain?
Yes the torque mount is the mount for the uca. Most companies install instructions that include tq specs.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Did you uca mount?

Yes he means the UCA mount, it's technically called the torque mount. And no, your manual will not provide you with any useful torque specs. Contact the manufactures of the parts or search on google for factory torque specs.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

All the questions in the world will not make your car perfect. I understand your trying to learn thru others experiences and knowledge, but just because you read it on the Internet does not make it true. Your shopping for the same answers the people your asking the questions to once asked, over and over again. At the end if the day you have to man up, bite the bullet, and commit to something. It more than obvious at this point that no matter what you purchase you will second guess yourself and read another comment or thread that will have you questioning why you did A,B, and C. Over the life of your car, just like many others, parts will come and go. Remember, what works for some, doesn't work for others. Make up your own mind for once, and at the end of the day, if it all works out. You'll be left with a overwhelming sense of pride that you built your car. Not a bunch of nerds from the Internet. Good luck!
Old 02-28-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I did H&R springs, then moved on to BMR. BMR are amazing. Bilstein dampers are good, I have no strong opinion on them, but they work
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Sent you a PM brother, Koni's are going on sale tomorrow for 616 shipped for yellows and 329.23 shipped for Koni STR.t.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I promise you that if everyone just agreed on one thing i wouldve purchase the suspension long time ago and wouldnt ask so many damn times, for example, why koni? Everyone says tokico and koni, but i made my decision on tokico as of a while ago, i just want my car to squeal without the correct mount
if you hadn't posted 4 threads within like 5 mins of each other all asking the same thing and also acting annoyed people didn't jump to attention and answer you immediately at 4 in the morning EST I would have given you a better response.

I also agree with the others that at this point you won't be happy with anything you do and whatever you choose you will be back on here complaining about something.

Please, pick something, and just buy it.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa View Post
All the questions in the world will not make your car perfect. I understand your trying to learn thru others experiences and knowledge, but just because you read it on the Internet does not make it true. Your shopping for the same answers the people your asking the questions to once asked, over and over again. At the end if the day you have to man up, bite the bullet, and commit to something. It more than obvious at this point that no matter what you purchase you will second guess yourself and read another comment or thread that will have you questioning why you did A,B, and C. Over the life of your car, just like many others, parts will come and go. Remember, what works for some, doesn't work for others. Make up your own mind for once, and at the end of the day, if it all works out. You'll be left with a overwhelming sense of pride that you built your car. Not a bunch of nerds from the Internet. Good luck!
this is the comment I was referring too, perfectly said Smozilla
Old 02-28-2013, 11:06 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
this is the comment I was referring too, perfectly said Smozilla
Thank you sir...
Old 02-28-2013, 11:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Bmr Panhard Bar
Bmr lca
Bmr lca bracket
Koni Sport Struts & Shocks... 2011-2014 specific model Struts are available... this route can be used with the stock strut mounts or the Steeda HD Strut Mounts(2011-2014 version).

I wanted Koni "Yellows" from the beginning, but wanted the 2011+ specific struts... purchased Tokico D-Specs thinking they had the 2011+ spec struts from a vendor. I was wrong(a spacer was supplied in package for fitment). Eventually, Koni released the 2011+ spec struts... sold the D-Specs... got the Koni's, and I'm a happy camper.

Look into an Upper Control Arm and 3rd Link Bracket...

BE ADVISED : UCA and LCA will most likely add some NVH(harder bushings). Include a few torque-to-yield(one-time use) nuts and bolts that you will have to remove when changing out dampers to be on the safe side, I guess.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I picked up the 05-10 version of the konis for the sole purpose of being able to buy the GT500 strut mounts. They're much better than the stock crap on the 11+

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I picked up the 05-10 version of the konis for the sole purpose of being able to buy the GT500 strut mounts. They're much better than the stock crap on the 11+
I'm sure the GT500 Strut Mounts are better, but I opted for the 11-14 version Koni Struts in order to use Steeda's 2011+ HD Strut Mounts for its strength, build quality, and a little free play with camber adjustability. It's just what route I wanted to go.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
Old 02-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was amazed how bad they were when I took mine off. Really quite bad.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Does anybody happen to know exactly why the stock struts are as bad as there are? When I took mine off I could figure out who would come up with the design of putting little ball bearings in the struts and think that was a good idea.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Strut mounts*
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

How were the 2005-2010 OEM GT Strut Mounts? Were they similar, yet different, to the GT500 units?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Does anybody happen to know exactly why the stock struts are as bad as there are? When I took mine off I could figure out who would come up with the design of putting little ball bearings in the struts and think that was a good idea.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Strut mounts*
I reused those with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates and that combo is far better than the stock strut mount with that piece.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:22 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I reused those with the Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates and that combo is far better than the stock strut mount with that piece.
Similar to what is needed for the Steeda HD Strut Mount... required to use the bottom section of the OEM Strut Mount assembly(without the ball bearings). Works very well. Maximum Motorsports CC plates were a very serious option for me, but I decided that I didn't require the extra adjustability options for my 1" spring drop.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

This is a great setup list made by one of the guys over at Torq Speedlab with lots of experience with racing and modding. He suggested I use these since he says he has gone through trial and error with many parts.

Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks & Struts 555-8215 - Steeda Mustang Sport Springs (ford Mustang 2005-2012)
FOR-M-18183-C - Ford Racing 2005-2012 Mustang Front Strut Mount Upgrade (pair)
Bmr Lower Control Arms, Boxed, Dom, Non- adjustable, Polyurethane Bushings
CAB005 - Bmr Control Arm Relocation Bracket
555-4027 - Steeda Upper Chassis Mount For 3rd Link - 11-13
555-4098 - Steeda Upper Control Arm - 05-13 555-2551 - Steeda Mustang Street Adjustable Panhard Bar - 05-13
555-1072 - Steeda Mustang Adjustable Swaybar Kit
AR3Z-16A200-A - Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace (05-13 Gt, V6)
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

I got this list from one of the guys over at Torq Speedlab. He has a lot of racing and modding experience and has gone through trial and error to see which setup works best, this is what he recommends.

555-4098 - Steeda Upper Control Arm - 05-13 555-2551 - Steeda Mustang Street Adjustable Panhard Bar - 05-13
Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks & Struts 555-8215 - Steeda Mustang Sport Springs (ford Mustang 2005-2012)
CAB005 - Bmr Control Arm Relocation Brackets.

Hope that helps
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
Similar to what is needed for the Steeda HD Strut Mount... required to use the bottom section of the OEM Strut Mount assembly(without the ball bearings). Works very well. Maximum Motorsports CC plates were a very serious option for me, but I decided that I didn't require the extra adjustability options for my 1" spring drop.
yeah I looked at the Steeda but with my 1.7" in the front and 2.4" in the back I had to have the bigger adjustments.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
This is a great setup list made by one of the guys over at Torq Speedlab with lots of experience with racing and modding. He suggested I use these since he says he has gone through trial and error with many parts.

CAB005 - Bmr Control Arm Relocation Bracket
Yup i went three shops and your right on the money! I feel happy about my choices, will post my final order tomorrow when i get all the pricing
Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #27
Road Trip!

Quote:
If you remove the bearing how is the shock able to turn?

I removed the bearing by mistake on my shock and the spring was poping when I turned the steering wheel. Had to order new mount and use the bearing with the MM/CC plates.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:19 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:

Yup i went three shops and your right on the money! I feel happy about my choices, will post my final order tomorrow when i get all the pricing
Why don't you just get sponsored like your friend McQueen? Then you wouldn't have to pay for a thing.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

I removed the bearing by mistake on my shock and the spring was poping when I turned the steering wheel. Had to order new mount and use the bearing with the MM/CC plates.
Yeah I don't get how you'd use it without the ball bearings, the MM CC plates required this and so is exactly how I used them. No noise and they are rock solid. I even had to take the whole %#&*( thing apart today to cut the bump stops because I am an idiot and didn't and they went back together without a hitch and no popping still.

Now that I did that I am getting the car aligned tomorrow!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:12 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Yeah I don't get how you'd use it without the ball bearings, the MM CC plates required this and so is exactly how I used them. No noise and they are rock solid. I even had to take the whole %#&*( thing apart today to cut the bump stops because I am an idiot and didn't and they went back together without a hitch and no popping still.

LOL......Hey man you come a long way dude and got-her-right now. I went today and pulled my rear stops and cut. Hell, I was done in 20 minutes. I got all things like I want them. I got some more new stuff I will get around to sometime. I am looking at pulling off working susp. and do some more appearance mods. In and out. I want to do my upper dash pieces like the pic. Not even a fan of this stuff but it is beautiful quality. Jayman33 living close by helped make this happen.
Fellows this is some quality work.Looks better than factory stuff I have seen in some cars. Deep lusty clear. This is pieces I bought off his old GT.VERY IMPRESSIVE! Have to see to appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	93458   Click image for larger version

Name:	005.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	93459  

2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:37 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post

Quote:

The Steeda HD Strut Mount uses the bottom section of the OEM strut mount similar to MM CC Plates, but unlike the Maximum Motorsports unit it DOES NOT re-use those OEM bearings... "Comes with a fully caged 70mm diameter 7200lb capacity needle roller bearing for long life and incredible strength. Triple sealed to keep out dirt and water."

No popping whatsoever and is rock solid.
Old 03-01-2013, 01:58 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
yeah I looked at the Steeda but with my 1.7" in the front and 2.4" in the back I had to have the bigger adjustments.
Now, that is a serious drop! I wish I could go that far, but roads here are extremely bad. I've scraped the FRPP Trans Cooling Scoop, once, coming out of a bank parking lot... numerous touchdowns to the Boss 302 front splitter.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:

The Steeda HD Strut Mount uses the bottom section of the OEM strut mount similar to MM CC Plates, but unlike the Maximum Motorsports unit it DOES NOT re-use those OEM bearings... "Comes with a fully caged 70mm diameter 7200lb capacity needle roller bearing for long life and incredible strength. Triple sealed to keep out dirt and water."

No popping whatsoever and is rock solid.
So which one doesn't use the factory OEM mount? I was forced to reuse the OEM mounts and still don't know which of these 2 I should get... Obviously the GT500 didn't work for me... Which would u recommend? Steeda or MM??
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:44 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post

Why don't you just get sponsored like your friend McQueen? Then you wouldn't have to pay for a thing.
I am, not fully sponsored, and i dont believe he was niether
Old 03-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I am, not fully sponsored, and i dont believe he was niether
I don't believe it either
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT