Is this a good deal - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Is this a good deal

Boss Mani 350
Jlt intake 100
Does not come with the adapters!
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
If those are parts that you want and have searched the Internet and haven't found them selling for cheaper then yes, it's a good deal.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Boss Mani 350
Jlt intake 100
Does not come with the adapters!
are they used? Even then the boss mani for 350...I'd probably buy that in a heart beat for that price.
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Well i think for 450 its a great deal, now how a boss mani going to do me anygood? American muscle shows power gains, anyone have any opinion?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Well i think for 450 its a great deal, now how a boss mani going to do me anygood? American muscle shows power gains, anyone have any opinion?
you will get power gains in the upper RPM ranges but if you plan on street driving and never going past 3-4K RPM I feel it would be a waste of time.

I plan on getting one myself tho soon as I hit that part of my list.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
Read between the lines on those power gains... Kinda BS. You only see noticeable gains above 6k and really above 7k, so you need to void that warranty and change your redline. Personally, I'd go centri before changing the rev limiter. Even then, your looking at MAYBE 40hp, and that's oly when your at the top of the powerband.

Looks great, 40 horses, likely drop in torque and kiss your warranty goodbye. That's just my opinion
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano
AM is full of chit with thier claim of 58hp on the IM. The BOSS is rated at 440hp, but a gain of 38hp is still pretty nice.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Read between the lines on those power gains... Kinda BS. You only see noticeable gains above 6k and really above 7k, so you need to void that warranty and change your redline. Personally, I'd go centri before changing the rev limiter. Even then, your looking at MAYBE 40hp, and that's oly when your at the top of the powerband.

Looks great, 40 horses, likely drop in torque and kiss your warranty goodbye. That's just my opinion
+1 Not even so much worried with warranty but I agree with you on the logic. The topic has been beat to death for years. I personally don't think it's worth it. I'd rather put the monry else where in mods. Unless you like to carry out to 7800 .....buy something else.
2012 Prem. w/ GB insert stripe/stitch , M6,Brembo, 3.73,Stock Air-Box,93-R Tune,Borla Catback w/ X-Pipe,FRPP-"K" Springs,BMR PH Bar,BMR Upper support brace,BMR Reloc. Brackets,CHE Lca's, Koni Struts/Shocks, Jlt cc,Saleen grill, Hydrocarbon Center console/stereo surround,Formula One Tint, MGW w/ speedawg ball match seat inserts,SOS Dual Aeroforce Guages,MT82 Amsoil MTF.METCO Uca/Ucm, Shaftmasters DS
back n a stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

AM is full of chit with thier claim of 58hp on the IM. The BOSS is rated at 440hp, but a gain of 38hp is still pretty nice.
To be fair...they are claiming those numbers with a custom tune...
Old 03-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

To be fair...they are claiming those numbers with a custom tune...
They mentioned nothing about a tune. I know it needs one, but they claim It's the IM.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
They mentioned nothing about a tune. I know it needs one, but they claim It's the IM.
Right off american muscles website for the Boss Mani. Now I agree they are not very open about their "stock" run as if it is with the car tuned or not, but I would bet that is a no it is stock.

Hey guys, Mike Wilson here from Bama custom tuning and AmericanMuscle.com, today we’re going to be talking about the Boss 302 intake manifold for the 2011/2012 Mustang GT. With the return of the boss to the Mustang lineup, GT owners now have access to some of the parts that make the boss 302 the most powerful and naturally aspirated Mustang ever. The boss intake is designed with short runners, which increases airflow, horse power and torque at high engine RPM. It’s made of a lightweight composite material, has a smooth black finish, and a modern boss 302 logo to help enhance the under hood appearance of your Mustang. It comes with everything you need to install it, the bolts, the gaskets, everything needed to make it a smooth and easy installation. The boss 302 intake manifold is a tune required part, so for that, we’re going to use a SCT SF3 flash device, with a 93 octane bama race tune. Now we’re going to make a stock dyno run so we can get a baseline of horse power and torque. The car made 391 horse power, and 366 ft/lbs of torque. Now that we’ve got our baseline horse power and torque numbers, we’re going to install the manifold, which can be done at home in under an hours time using simple hand tools. Now that we’ve installed the boss 302 intake manifold, along with one of our 93 octane custom bama race tunes, we’re going to make another dyno run and see what our horse power and torque gains are. The car put down 404 horse power and 355 ft/lbs of torque, while picking up 61 horse power and 43 ft/lbs of torque above 7000RPM, while minimising our losses throughout the mid range. The boss 302 intake manifold is simple to install with hand tools you have at home in under an hours time, and you can pick up 61 horse power and 43 ft/lbs of torque.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Right off american muscles website for the Boss Mani. Now I agree they are not very open about their "stock" run as if it is with the car tuned or not, but I would bet that is a no it is stock.

Hey guys, Mike Wilson here from Bama custom tuning and AmericanMuscle.com, today we’re going to be talking about the Boss 302 intake manifold for the 2011/2012 Mustang GT. With the return of the boss to the Mustang lineup, GT owners now have access to some of the parts that make the boss 302 the most powerful and naturally aspirated Mustang ever. The boss intake is designed with short runners, which increases airflow, horse power and torque at high engine RPM. It’s made of a lightweight composite material, has a smooth black finish, and a modern boss 302 logo to help enhance the under hood appearance of your Mustang. It comes with everything you need to install it, the bolts, the gaskets, everything needed to make it a smooth and easy installation. The boss 302 intake manifold is a tune required part, so for that, we’re going to use a SCT SF3 flash device, with a 93 octane bama race tune. Now we’re going to make a stock dyno run so we can get a baseline of horse power and torque. The car made 391 horse power, and 366 ft/lbs of torque. Now that we’ve got our baseline horse power and torque numbers, we’re going to install the manifold, which can be done at home in under an hours time using simple hand tools. Now that we’ve installed the boss 302 intake manifold, along with one of our 93 octane custom bama race tunes, we’re going to make another dyno run and see what our horse power and torque gains are. The car put down 404 horse power and 355 ft/lbs of torque, while picking up 61 horse power and 43 ft/lbs of torque above 7000RPM, while minimising our losses throughout the mid range. The boss 302 intake manifold is simple to install with hand tools you have at home in under an hours time, and you can pick up 61 horse power and 43 ft/lbs of torque.
+1
This is when I smelled BS. I think Bama tunes put about 30 in there alone....
Old 03-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

+1
This is when I smelled BS. I think Bama tunes put about 30 in there alone....
Yeah I like them I just think their way of showing gains isn't good. Should run the car tuned and then run it tuned with the boss Mani.

Else wise some people will buy this already being tuned and think they will gain 60HP which isn't right...
Old 03-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy

Yeah I like them I just think their way of showing gains isn't good. Should run the car tuned and then run it tuned with the boss Mani.

Else wise some people will buy this already being tuned and think they will gain 60HP which isn't right...
Agree
Old 03-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Yea I'm guessing the IM added maybe 15-30hp tops?? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm planning on upgrading to the IM but I'm wondering if its really worth it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
Yea I'm guessing the IM added maybe 15-30hp tops?? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm planning on upgrading to the IM but I'm wondering if its really worth it
it would be if you like staying in high RPM power bands. Even then you won't feel the power down at a lower rpm.

so DD driving it sounds pointless and drag/auto x racing seems worth while.

Love for someone with the boss mani to provide some real input here.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

it would be if you like staying in high RPM power bands. Even then you won't feel the power down at a lower rpm.

so DD driving it sounds pointless and drag/auto x racing seems worth while.

Love for someone with the boss mani to provide some real input here.
I guess it should work for me after I get the 3.73s installed as I'm always in the higher RPM range... I rarely get to drive my car so u can imagine I'm always grinning ear to ear Everytime I'm behind the wheel, so I guess it's worth it to me... Hopefully others with this IM can chime in and support my decision
Old 03-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I guess it should work for me after I get the 3.73s installed as I'm always in the higher RPM range... I rarely get to drive my car so u can imagine I'm always grinning ear to ear Everytime I'm behind the wheel, so I guess it's worth it to me... Hopefully others with this IM can chime in and support my decision
Check out the dyno sheets. By high rpm's, u better mean 6700 and up or you r still wasting $
Old 03-01-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Check out the dyno sheets. By high rpm's, u better mean 6700 and up or you r still wasting $
Wow it's really that much?? I thought guys were getting more power around 4k. I used to think what's the point of this IM, I'm still debating... I believe stock our rpm maxes at 7k?? And the manifold helps it go up to 7600??
Old 03-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wow it's really that much?? I thought guys were getting more power around 4k. I used to think what's the point of this IM, I'm still debating... I believe stock our rpm maxes at 7k?? And the manifold helps it go up to 7600??
my car with the stock manifold can push past 7. They pulled it to 7300 RPM roughly on the Dyno. It was just loosing power there tho, so I would assume the Boss Mani helps pick up power there as right now it seems pointless for me to run the car that high, better for me to shift around 7 and get right back into my power band.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Look at the sheets, it's about 5 increase for horse, small loss for tq, until around 6700

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT