Roush front bumper fogs??? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #1

Region: Florida
Roush front bumper fogs???

I have a 2010 GT with the standard in grille fogs, I also have roush part #420000 which is a front bumper that also has another set of fogs (which I need to buy and install,lol)

My question is, how can I wire the new fogs with the originals still hooked up?? Has anyone seen a dual harness or anything?
This is a link to the bumper, http://www.americanmuscle.com/roush-...ia-2010gt.html, and as you can see in all the pictures, there's 4 sets of fogs

Help me out?!
blackzachjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackzachjones View Post
I have a 2010 GT with the standard in grille fogs, I also have roush part #420000 which is a front bumper that also has another set of fogs (which I need to buy and install,lol)

My question is, how can I wire the new fogs with the originals still hooked up?? Has anyone seen a dual harness or anything?
This is a link to the bumper, Roush Mustang Front Fascia (10-12 GT) - Unpainted 420000 - Free Shipping!, and as you can see in all the pictures, there's 4 sets of fogs

Help me out?!
the wiring kit it comes with allows you to hook up the OEM fog lights and the roush fog lights. My understanding is they both don't work at the same time tho? So may have to do some wiring work to skip past that, but you will be able to keep both with what you have.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/69044.pdf

See step 15
Old 03-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

the wiring kit it comes with allows you to hook up the OEM fog lights and the roush fog lights. My understanding is they both don't work at the same time tho? So may have to do some wiring work to skip past that, but you will be able to keep both with what you have.

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/69044.pdf

See step 15
I seeee... I just gotta figure out how to do it
Thanks for the input
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I seeee... I just gotta figure out how to do it
Thanks for the input
I know there are people on here who have done this, although maybe not with the roush bumper but the CS/Boss fascia with fogs, but not having done it myself I don't have an exact answer if you want them all on at the same time.

Only thing I could suggest would be to run them separately and wire them up separately and then have a separate switch for them. As for making them work together, I would assume it would just involve splicing lines together, but like I said, haven't done this.

hope someone chimes in for ya that has done it!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I know there are people on here who have done this, although maybe not with the roush bumper but the CS/Boss fascia with fogs, but not having done it myself I don't have an exact answer if you want them all on at the same time.

Only thing I could suggest would be to run them separately and wire them up separately and then have a separate switch for them. As for making them work together, I would assume it would just involve splicing lines together, but like I said, haven't done this.

hope someone chimes in for ya that has done it!
I agree with running the separately. You can hook them up in parallel no problem: Just splice the positive from one light to the positive of the other (use a meter) and the same for the ground wires.

Doing that may pull too much current though. I'm not sure what either of your lights are rated at as I have a 13 and had the LEDs. Be very careful if you run both off the same harness, your car may end up in a fire ball. Seen it before! :0
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I've got both but have a switch that toggles between the sets. I was told the amps needed was too much on the lines so I'd have to replace the lines and the fuse that governed the lights. So just went with the switch. But now have the Roush grill on order so I'll be taking mine out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1023936187.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	402.1 KB
ID:	93741  
Old 03-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I have the roush front fascia w/foglights and the install was all plug and play and looks awesome BUT as someone mentioned in this thread, you can not light them up at the same time.
El Fufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fufi View Post
I have the roush front fascia w/foglights and the install was all plug and play and looks awesome BUT as someone mentioned in this thread, you can not light them up at the same time.
Where did you get the writing harness??

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

Quote:

Where did you get the writing harness??
Wiring

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT