Supercharging my '13 5.0 Coyote - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85 View Post
actually a buddy of mine blew his at 650 ish rwhp with a pro charger his weak point was the piston...and by the way the roush kit is 575 crank hp which is 500 rwhp and it is the safest daily drive supercharger kit available the fact that there is Warrenty doesn't make it crap it just means they stand behind what they do... they want you to have peace of mind buying their product. And unless your drag racing alot 500 rwhp is quite a bit on the street if you really want to be safe...if you want more get some forged internals and then have more peace about turning it up

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Oh and just because so and so have gone 20k miles doesn't mean everyone will and tomorrow that engine could blow because at 700+ rwhp on stock internals its not if but when the question you have to ask is do you have another $7000 to replace your engine if it blows if not than go with one that has a Warrenty and don't think twice
What's the big deal about lasting 20k miles. How about will it last 100k with the supercharger? 20k, *****, your just breaking the car in a 20k
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Obviously it's a tuning problem. The point is that there is always something that could give, even at 360 rwhp. Is it more likely with higher power? Yea, obviously. Will good tuning help prevent this? Yea, obviously, for both the 350 rwhp and the 700 rwhp. It's known that there no such thing as "safe" when boost is involved, and I agree that 600 is a good "safe" power level, but 700 could also be considered "relatively safe" as long as the tune is good and you have billet oil pump gears. Do I recommend it? Hell no. I don't "recommend" and form of FI. I sure don't discourage it either :beer:
The other thing is that when you get to the point where your at the breaking point on these cars which has been proven to be in the 650-700 rwhp range you better hope your tune is spot on because you have absolutely no room for error and there are too many variables to say that any tune is perfect...I am just saying I don't think that the on the coyotes that 700 rwhp is safe even relatively...on the other end as said before if you go with someone like roush or frpp or even whipple they all have warrenties which makes it safe to your wallet...
godsdisciple85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:19 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The other thing is that when you get to the point where your at the breaking point on these cars which has been proven to be in the 650-700 rwhp range you better hope your tune is spot on because you have absolutely no room for error and there are too many variables to say that any tune is perfect...I am just saying I don't think that the on the coyotes that 700 rwhp is safe even relatively...on the other end as said before if you go with someone like roush or frpp or even whipple they all have warrenties which makes it safe to your wallet...
All the big names have warranties from what I've seen... They are all carefully worded tho. The TVS has a warranty thru FRPP, but from what I've read here and another forum, the tune that comes with it (and required to keep the warranty) sucks balls.

I am taking time on this decision because I need to know I am keeping this car. If I do, I'm probably going stupid money and getting forged internals. I decided this because of these threads where people seem to think one sc or turbo is safer than the other. The assumption we are ignoring though is it is NoT designed for this, so none of it is safe, it's which is least likely to do what the engineers said was more than likely to happen. Basically arguing over which revolver is better for roulette

Edit: sucks balls in terms of power, response... Not 'safety'
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Companys are just playing the odds when it comes to Warranties. They have by no means the safest tunes...They have to meet CARB requirements...so they have to have a balance...that is why the pro cals ping...is that safe? I highly doubt it...do most people get another tune...Yes...Same with the Superchargers...The tune will last 36k sure after that they don't care and most people change the tune pretty quickly so void it anyways...they offer the warranty to sell the product with the odds of them replacing an engine very low...if they sell 1000 superchargers and replace 1 engine it is a win for them...But also the supercharger can last in excess of 100k...A Few of the manufactures have several test cars they use before they release the kit! If they are willing to go 500 HP on there tune then Im good to 600 with no cats and no emission woes!

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
So apparently the engine can take a max 700rwhp. How much would an aluminator take?
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Now i have a question, ive been wanting to supercharge the car since april 4th 2012 when i got my 13, im not trying to get one for making my car a drag racer or winning a road course times, its my DD, and if god gives me the chance, im keeping this baby till the end of time.
I live in Miami, and never plan to let it ride in the snow, i want this to be well kept, as for now, i believe my car looks like a beast. So im done modding the outside. I have full suspension done.
If y'all had a opinion, im 20, still in college/work, and by the end of 2013 i could pull the trigger on something less than 5k, would you go with paxton, or full boltons, or im underbudget to get any sc?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130313_090356.png
Views:	667
Size:	466.0 KB
ID:	95709
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #77
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
So apparently the engine can take a max 700rwhp. How much would an aluminator take?
Eh not sure on that, also depends on which aluminator you're talking about, low cr or high cr. FRPP also came out with a new coyote racing block as well that has more material in those coolant passages so that the cylinders walls are no longer the weak point. Terry reeves is the first to put this block to use and his very first run at Bradenton this last weekend was record setting. 8.75 at 159 in a full weight street car. It's actually his dd. and he lives in Ohio. That was at 23+ psi too

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post
Now i have a question, ive been wanting to supercharge the car since april 4th 2012 when i got my 13, im not trying to get one for making my car a drag racer or winning a road course times, its my DD, and if god gives me the chance, im keeping this baby till the end of time.
I live in Miami, and never plan to let it ride in the snow, i want this to be well kept, as for now, i believe my car looks like a beast. So im done modding the outside. I have full suspension done.
If y'all had a opinion, im 20, still in college/work, and by the end of 2013 i could pull the trigger on something less than 5k, would you go with paxton, or full boltons, or im underbudget to get any sc?

Attachment 95709
I say definately go for the supercharger...Boost is the best bang for the buck...

2012 6 speed GT with a 8psi Hellion Single Turbo Kit tuned by BBR, GFB Geforce II controller, ID1000 injectors, BAP, GT500 Mufflers no cats, MGW shifter, Dual Aeroforce Interceptor gauges and AMR Wheels. BMR upper control arm and bracket, Whiteline panhard brace, BBR LCA's and Panhard Bar. 552/597 at 7.8 psi
6SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Anyone know much about the new Cobra Jet Intake? I've heard a lot of good and bad about it and it's not even out yet.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
Anyone know much about the new Cobra Jet Intake? I've heard a lot of good and bad about it and it's not even out yet.
Bad! Lol. Seems like a lotta money for if your lucky 20-30HP more than the boss Mani.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Bad! Lol. Seems like a lotta money for if your lucky 20-30HP more than the boss Mani.
Yeah sounds like what my buddy was saying. Is the boss intake really even worth it? I mean obviously it's a gain in hp, but is it worth loosing all the torque?
Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 AM   #82
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

The tq loss I experienced was pretty negligible, I absolutely think it's worth it. Depends on what your goals are, and really only you can decide whether or not losing any low end is worth a significant high end gain.

I'd like to see what the CJ intake does in conjunction with a Paxton/vortech/pro charger

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
Which should I go with? Supercharger, pro charger, or? New to the F/I stuff so any input would be nice. Got some taxes back and I'm just seeing what would be best for my car.

Thanks guys.
Cameron.
Roush supercharger all the way or kenne bell.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #84

i've got the Base Roush TVS2300

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

GOT the roush tvs2300 base & fixing to go to phase 3. dealership is doing the install. just don't think they would put something in that's gonna blow - but, just in case, i have some tucked away for a crate engine w/ forged if the need arise's. absoutely no complaints about the roush. it pails at bit in hot weather, but what blower doesn't
rikb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #85

i just got the Roush Stage3 on my 2012 - 5.0 just last week (4/5/13) & it's awesome. had it done by the dealership's speed shop (they're a roush dealer). putting 585 at the wheels i think is right on the bubble of what the 5.0 engine & drive train can handle w/out forged internals. i read the horror story from another guy who pushed his coyote past it's limits & i don't wanna go there for sure
rikb53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I like the roush. Having a warranty gives me plenty of time to put the money back. One will be going on the day it expires.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikb53 View Post
i just got the Roush Stage3 on my 2012 - 5.0 just last week (4/5/13) & it's awesome. had it done by the dealership's speed shop (they're a roush dealer). putting 585 at the wheels i think is right on the bubble of what the 5.0 engine & drive train can handle w/out forged internals. i read the horror story from another guy who pushed his coyote past it's limits & i don't wanna go there for sure
How much did everything cost you?
Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikb53 View Post
The stock block can handle 650rwhp/ 600tq on 93 octane and around 725 on corn safely on a PD blower.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Go Roush!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:02 AM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post

The stock block can handle 650rwhp/ 600tq on 93 octane and around 725 on corn safely on a PD blower.
What does PD stand for? Would it handle more with a centrifugal. I have a guy that says 700 at the crank is fine ( with supporting mods of course)
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Positive displacement ^
Old 04-11-2013, 07:18 AM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Right before I bought my 12 GT, I test drove a 2009 Shelby GT with a Ford Racing Whipple on it. Now, I have driven a lot of fast cars and trucks in my day...But that was hands down the fastest car I have driven to date. This thing had to have 550hp to the wheels. It was faster then my buddies (Tuned) Z06 Vette and faster then any Roush (2002-2009) I have ever driven. This being said, that was a 4.6 motor, I can not imagine how powerful a Coyote will be with that same Whipple SC set up on it...

If I were going to do it...this is the route I would go.

Ford Racing 624HP Mustang Supercharger Kit (2011-2014 GT Manual) M-6066-MGT624D - Free Shipping!

Good luck, hope this helps.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:27 AM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

The whipple 2.3 will not make as much power as the TVS nor torque. I ran the whipple on our 11 GT, its compressed air so the feel in power is a little different than the TVS.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post

What does PD stand for? Would it handle more with a centrifugal. I have a guy that says 700 at the crank is fine ( with supporting mods of course)
I can't substantiate this with any tests or examples (so hardly useful), but I think a centri could do more before you pop a stock motor. PD hits the bottom of the motor hard from the moment you hit the gas. Centri builds up proportionately. Means PD has more power in the lower range, but centris can too out highwr
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #95
Registered Member
Regular

Buddy of mine blew his motor with 650 rwhp and a centri style blower (pro charger) but the safe level is relative because each car is different and it also depends alot on the tune
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by godsdisciple85
Buddy of mine blew his motor with 650 rwhp and a centri style blower (pro charger) but the safe level is relative because each car is different and it also depends alot on the tune
And driver.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

It was an automatic so it's hard to drive those wrong but it can be done
Old 04-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Right now Roush is having a sale on any one of their calibrated kits phase 1-3 and get a free roush axle back. I know a company who is doing this sale....
<<<<<

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Right now Roush is having a sale on any one of their calibrated kits phase 1-3 and get a free roush axle back. I know a company who is doing this sale....
<<<<<
Old 04-11-2013, 09:58 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

A stock block can handle more than that my friend. These are my Dyno numbers, 16psi Roush Blower with all supporting mods. Driven about 4800 km on this set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-531042611.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	778.4 KB
ID:	102035   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3110668793.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	743.8 KB
ID:	102036  

Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

Ticking time bomb
Old 04-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Greene View Post
A stock block can handle more than that my friend. These are my Dyno numbers, 16psi Roush Blower with all supporting mods. Driven about 4800 km on this set up.
What kind of fuel are you running? Also, anyone can run that much HP on a dyno which can't mimic street driving. I can assure you you're not running 93 Octane. That's at least E85 and any minute its going to break.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Just over 600 at the crank and I'll be a happy man
Old 04-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Ticking time bomb
Yup. That is exactly what that is
Old 04-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:

What kind of fuel are you running? Also, anyone can run that much HP on a dyno which can't mimic street driving. I can assure you you're not running 93 Octane. That's at least E85 and any minute its going to break.
Tunes for 93 Octane sir, I'm very aware of the limits the stock block. I will rebuild it when it does blow and I will upgrade to a turbo at that time. My goal is over 900 rwhp. This isn't my first rodeo building mustangs hahaha
Old 04-12-2013, 08:01 AM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

I'm at 557 rwhp @ 6 psi. I refuse to go over 600 without forged internals. Looking at Ross racing pistons and rods, still have others to research. Ill also be doing the comptech Cams for forced induction.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT