Let me know what you think about this! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Let me know what you think about this!

I just got my income tax return and i have about 1500 to waste. I hate the way that the rear end of the car looks like with the small spoiler that the car comes with so thats why I want the gt500 spoiler (my other choice was the RTR spoiler but I think I like this one better. I really need floor mats because dirty haha. And of course exhaust is a must. I am planning on purchasing the Borla Atak axle back for now. Let me know if you think I should make any changes.

Borla Mustang ATAK Axle-Back (2011-2013 GT) 11791 - Free Shipping!

Mustang GT500 Style Rear Spoiler - Pre-painted (10-13 All) - Free Shipping!

Weathertech Black Floor Liners (2010-2013 Mustang) 442761 - Free Shipping!
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Illinois
Posts: 395
Marylandspeed.com sells the atak for $744.55. Not sure about shipping though.
Black5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Champaign
Region: Illinois
Posts: 24
You can also get those floormats cheaper if you shop around. I have the same ones and i paid $99 shipped for them. I can't remember where i got them (amazon i think), but I've had them in all winter and really like them. Another option to consider for exhaust is the boss quad side pipes and the gt500 axle back. If you shop around those 2 items can probably be had for about $1000.
kk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5.0 View Post
Marylandspeed.com sells the atak for $744.55. Not sure about shipping though.
I just checked it out and shipping is free!!! Do you experience with them in the past?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk89 View Post
You can also get those floormats cheaper if you shop around. I have the same ones and i paid $99 shipped for them. I can't remember where i got them (amazon i think), but I've had them in all winter and really like them. Another option to consider for exhaust is the boss quad side pipes and the gt500 axle back. If you shop around those 2 items can probably be had for about $1000.
Borla over the boss quad styled exhaust any day.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Borla over the boss quad styled exhaust any day.
Do you know if there is any way to get the Ataks in quad tip? If I am correct another member on here believe his name is "McQueen" has the s-types in quad exhaust and was wondering if that was possible in this model as well?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
PirateJohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Melbourne
Region: Florida
Posts: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

I just checked it out and shipping is free!!! Do you experience with them in the past?
I think AM can price match. I'm pretty sure I saw that on their site. I would check with them if you want to go with someone you trust.
__________________
2013 V6 Premium MT "Black Betty"
Electronics Package, Comfort Package
3.31, Airaid CAI, BAMA 93 Race Tune
PirateJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

Do you know if there is any way to get the Ataks in quad tip? If I am correct another member on here believe his name is "McQueen" has the s-types in quad exhaust and was wondering if that was possible in this model as well?
I don't think so man. I think they only have that with the S-Types. I can tell you this, I love my S-Types and wouldn't trade them for anything. I meant to take a picture and put it up here, but the shop that did my alignment had a borla exhaust cut open to show how they are built. It is no wonder they cost what they do, there build quality is amazing.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateJohn View Post
I think AM can price match. I'm pretty sure I saw that on their site. I would check with them if you want to go with someone you trust.
Yeah ill have to check that out. Ill call them tomorrow morning and ask them. I was reading reviews on Marylandspeed.com and alot of people were iffy about them. Thanks!!
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I don't think so man. I think they only have that with the S-Types. I can tell you this, I love my S-Types and wouldn't trade them for anything. I meant to take a picture and put it up here, but the shop that did my alignment had a borla exhaust cut open to show how they are built. It is no wonder they cost what they do, there build quality is amazing.
You did your own shocks and struts but you let a shop do you mufflers? That's backwards man lol
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

You did your own shocks and struts but you let a shop do you mufflers? That's backwards man lol
I said alignment! I did my own mufflers! Learn to read ya blue smurf.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter
 
GrabberBlue5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Louisville
Region: Kentucky
Posts: 5,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I said alignment! I did my own mufflers! Learn to read ya blue smurf.
Lol yea I skimmed wrong. I see that now
__________________
New quick exhaust video

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

Do you know if there is any way to get the Ataks in quad tip? If I am correct another member on here believe his name is "McQueen" has the s-types in quad exhaust and was wondering if that was possible in this model as well?
Yes, you can get all 3 of Borla's muffler types in quad tips for the 11+s. Theyre just '13 GT500 replacements.

http://www.borla.com/products/shelby...rt__11831.html
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whippled5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 'burg
Region: Missouri
Posts: 31
sound clips for borla?
__________________
2011 5.0 Whipple 2.3
2001 Lightning (sold)
Whippled5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post
Yes, you can get all 3 of Borla's muffler types in quad tips for the 11+s. Theyre just '13 GT500 replacements.

http://www.borla.com/products/shelby...rt__11831.html
this will fit the 5.0?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Just got off of the phone with both AM and borla. AM said that they don't offer that product but to give borla a call because they are always really open to making special orders. I then called borla and ask them and told them that another member on here had their s-types in a quad tip and they said that was not possible and went on to say that it isn't their product. So now I am all confused!! Because " McQueen" has them on his car!!
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post
Just got off of the phone with both AM and borla. AM said that they don't offer that product but to give borla a call because they are always really open to making special orders. I then called borla and ask them and told them that another member on here had their s-types in a quad tip and they said that was not possible and went on to say that it isn't their product. So now I am all confused!! Because " McQueen" has them on his car!!
I called them a few months back when McQueen got his and they were kinda clueless. I figured out on my own that it was because I was asking about dual tip mufflers for a '13 GT instead of just a '13 GT500 muffler (b/c the 500s come with dual tips stock). Pretty sure they both have the same diameter pipe though. (I know they did in previous years because tons of people have 11-12 GT500 mufflers on their 11-12 GTs.) Ask McQueen if his just bolted right up. Pretty sure it does but you'd need a new valence or cut yours for the tips to fit.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

I called them a few months back when McQueen got his and they were kinda clueless. I figured out on my own that it was because I was asking about dual tip mufflers for a '13 GT instead of just a '13 GT500 muffler (b/c the 500s come with dual tips stock). Pretty sure they both have the same diameter pipe though. (I know they did in previous years because tons of people have 11-12 GT500 mufflers on their 11-12 GTs.) Ask McQueen if his just bolted right up. Pretty sure it does but you'd need a new valence or cut yours for the tips to fit.
Sorry I forgot to include it but I asked them that question as well. And they said that the gt500 mufflers would not fit on a GT and that was why they made them for the specific models. They seemed bothered by my questions over at borla so I just decided not ask anymore questions. I figured it could just do it that way and I am aware of the valance but now I'm afraid of ordering the exhaust and not fitting
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

Sorry I forgot to include it but I asked them that question as well. And they said that the gt500 mufflers would not fit on a GT and that was why they made them for the specific models. They seemed bothered by my questions over at borla so I just decided not ask anymore questions. I figured it could just do it that way and I am aware of the valance but now I'm afraid of ordering the exhaust and not fitting
They're probably looking at a spec sheet and dont realize its just b/c of the fascia, but time to get real answers b/c I plan on doing this at some point. PMing McQueen...

EDIT: PM sent
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman View Post

They're probably looking at a spec sheet and dont realize its just b/c of the fascia, but time to get real answers b/c I plan on doing this at some point. PMing McQueen...

EDIT: PM sent
+100000000000

How did you PM McQueen I tried it a couple of days ago and I couldn't because his inbox had reached maximum capacity ??
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
I would call back and tell them you have a GT500 and order them. Long as the pipe connector is 2.75" it will bolt up just fine.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Jetag93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 382
They will fit. Same 2 3/4 pipe. U just have to install the GT500 rear diffuser.
__________________
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Good deal?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00ABV...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dloza05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Region: Alabama
Posts: 92
Just ordered the exhaust!!!
Wish me luck!! I should be ordering my gt500 spoiler and valance by either tonight or tomorrow morning
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular
 
wheelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Connecticut
Posts: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

Just ordered the exhaust!!!
Wish me luck!! I should be ordering my gt500 spoiler and valance by either tonight or tomorrow morning
Nice! Youre going to love them. Got a confirmation from McQueen about fitment too. Youre all good.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular
 
GE3G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Canada
Posts: 721
Roush axle backs..... SCT tuner.....gt500 spoiler roush side spliters and front lip... Thats what i would spend $1500 on
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Roush axle backs..... SCT tuner.....gt500 spoiler roush side spliters and front lip... Thats what i would spend $1500 on
Sorry bro, Any Borla axle backs over roush axle backs any day. Without question.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular
 
Srohda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Aberdeen
Region: Maryland
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Sorry bro, Any Borla axle backs over roush axle backs any day. Without question.
Not when your ballin on a budget, lol.
__________________
2012 GT Premium w/Brembo
Roush axle backs
MGW short throw shifter
Srohda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Painted Ford Mustang GT500 Factory Spoiler 2010 2012 | eBay

I bought a painted gt500 spoiler off ebay for $129 and it turned out great. Fit like a glove and the paint was spot on (black would be pretty hard to screw up.) I haven't had any issues and was all for spending $129 for a spoiler over $300+. I used to work at a place that made and painted spoilers and can tell you that even for $129 you can get a great quality spoiler that has great paint.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Painted Ford Mustang GT500 Factory Spoiler 2010 2012 | eBay

I bought a painted gt500 spoiler off ebay for $129 and it turned out great. Fit like a glove and the paint was spot on (black would be pretty hard to screw up.) I haven't had any issues and was all for spending $129 for a spoiler over $300+. I used to work at a place that made and painted spoilers and can tell you that even for $129 you can get a great quality spoiler that has great paint.
So you do have this one? It looks smaller then the actual GT500 one...
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular
 
13boss302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: burlington
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 50
That spoiler is not just like the one on a gt500 it's close but not a real gt500 spoiler
13boss302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #32
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Sorry bro, Any Borla axle backs over roush axle backs any day. Without question.
Borla is Roush.....
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular
 
dgrum04's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: Illinois
Posts: 526
Yea, I'm not going to lie, I really don't like. I go by my motto, you get what you pay for.
__________________
2011 Kona Blue 3.7L. Stock motor. Roush Axle-Back. 19" x 8.5/10" Charcoal AMR's. GT500 Spoiler. Smoked Raxiom Tail Lights. MCA grille. Shorty antenna.

An outstanding DD
dgrum04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 105
With pre painted parts you run the risk of them being damaged in shipping and packing.
El Fufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular
 
Boomdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Cincinnati
Region: Ohio
Posts: 681
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrum04 View Post

So you do have this one? It looks smaller then the actual GT500 one...
I bought the Gt500 but mine is also an '06, so it's obviously a different spoiler.
__________________
Torque: It's like crack for your right foot
Boomdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:20 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.