Just got these bad boys in the mail - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Just got these bad boys in the mail

Got these in the mail and had them put on the car an hour later. It sounds soooo good with my BBK CAI. Now I want a X-Pipe. Muahahahaha!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-252540733.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	400.6 KB
ID:	94120  
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Those are pretty sick!
redbeast0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Sweeeeeeeeet!
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yup, love my roush exhaust too!
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Nice, now you're ready to rip up some sound waves! Lol.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

They aren't as torquee as stock exhaust, which kinda sucks, but they're worlds better than the Flowmaster Outlaws that I had on before. I'm thinking that an after-cat X-Pipe will resolve any lack of torque that I may be experiencing. Any other suggestions? I'm running on 3.90s.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Old 03-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Wicked! Roush axleback sounds perfect when matched with the stock Mid-pipe, IMO. Things get crazy when you add an Xpipe, but it sounds like that's what you're looking for, haha.

Enjoy!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Very nice!
EricJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

They look awesome!
El Fufi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Nice! No video yet?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thanks for all the kind words. Shane, the general consensus seems to be nay on the X-pipe. I still want to find a vid and see for myself though lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
Nice! No video yet?
I got the exhaust installed and barely had enough time to get showered and ready for work lol. Sadly, there just wasn't time. Maybe this weekend.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiant 5.0 View Post
Thanks for all the kind words. Shane, the general consensus seems to be nay on the X-pipe. I still want to find a vid and see for myself though lol.

I got the exhaust installed and barely had enough time to get showered and ready for work lol. Sadly, there just wasn't time. Maybe this weekend.
My old videos of the roush with the O/R X might be close enough for you. Dunno if you were thinking O/R or not.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Got these in the mail and had them put on the car an hour later. It sounds soooo good with my BBK CAI. Now I want a X-Pipe. Muahahahaha!
I want those same axle-backs! Maybe this summer I hope...
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:42 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

My old videos of the roush with the O/R X might be close enough for you. Dunno if you were thinking O/R or not.
It's worth a shot. Do you have a link?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg

I want those same axle-backs! Maybe this summer I hope...
You'll love them.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It's worth a shot. Do you have a link?

all three are JBA O/R X pipe and Roush AB exhaust. All taken before I got the Borlas.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
You like them better then outlaws? I Personally think outlaws sound amazing and are pretty loud but mines tuned and really didn't notice much of a change . Maybe just me idk just love listening to them lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Do the drain hole asap bro
Villero1834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

all three are JBA O/R X pipe and Roush AB exhaust. All taken before I got the Borlas.
Ok, that sounds awesome. Just out of curiosity, any drawbacks to going catless? Was the drone really bad?
Old 03-05-2013, 10:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, the Outlaws sounded good, they were just a little too ridiculous for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villero1834 View Post
Do the drain hole asap bro
Will do. Just didn't have time today. Bought them preowned, and heard just a small amount of water sloshing around in one. The other just had a little piece of loose gravel in it but was otherwise empty. All of the welds are clean, though. They are completely rust free.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Ok, that sounds awesome. Just out of curiosity, any drawbacks to going catless? Was the drone really bad?
I personally thought so, plus I didn't like the nascary type sound so trading them away and getting the borla was a double win.

There are others on here with O/R X with the roush that don't think the drone is bad, for me at 2K RPM it was so bad I had to scream at the person in the other seat, and the more resistance at that RPM the worse it got. Going up a hill was a nightmare and I gave up talking to people or listening to music half the time. I know my O/R X had no leaks as I installed the Borla on and the drone went away instantly.

that is my personal opinion and your mileage may vary. I will say this, my job I had when I got the O/R X was about 15 mins from home by back streets and then I got a new job that is a 40 min all highway drive. That is when I came to hate my exhaust and wanted it changed. So until then I never minded the drone as I was almost never on the highway. Really only got the drone in 6th gear at 2K RPM. Cruising the streets in 5th gear at 2K was never bad.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I personally really like that NASCAR sound. Not really a fan of the sport, but it reminds me of old hot rod movies and that's just gravy. I couldn't deal with the drone (the reason my Outlaws had to go) so maybe an after-cat alternative would sound similar.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I personally really like that NASCAR sound. Not really a fan of the sport, but it reminds me of old hot rod movies and that's just gravy. I couldn't deal with the drone (the reason my Outlaws had to go) so maybe an after-cat alternative would sound similar.
If you went with a nice Modular X pipe, even the JBA and just not use the cat delete tubes you'll get that same sound, just won't be as loud and no drone. And they were Damn loud. The video of the dyno run, I was asked by the guy who did the run if I had straight pipes with no cats. I swear they hit well over 120dB judging my noises I have heard in the past and they made my chest ache something bad. Being in the car they seem loud but you never realize how loud you car is until your behind it and someone revs it.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

If you went with a nice Modular X pipe, even the JBA and just not use the cat delete tubes you'll get that same sound, just won't be as loud and no drone. And they were Damn loud. The video of the dyno run, I was asked by the guy who did the run if I had straight pipes with no cats. I swear they hit well over 120dB judging my noises I have heard in the past.
What's a modular pipe? This is new to me. I know after-cat and off-road. That's it though lol. I was honestly considering the Ford Racing pipe as I feel Ford would be more forgiving warranty-wise if it was a FRPP part.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What's a modular pipe? This is new to me. I know after-cat and off-road. That's it though lol. I was honestly considering the Ford Racing pipe as I feel Ford would be more forgiving warranty-wise if it was a FRPP part.
Oh sorry just that the headers have a 3" end that connects to the cats with 3" pipe which then connects to the x pipe which then connects to the OTA pipes with 2.75" piping.

So you need an x pipe that goes 3" to 2.75"
Old 03-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh sorry just that the headers have a 3" end that connects to the cats with 3" pipe which then connects to the x pipe which then connects to the OTA pipes with 2.75" piping.

So you need an x pipe that goes 3" to 2.75"
Alright, good stuff. I'll check it out.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT