Recaro Seats - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
Same. I always keep a look out for some poor soul selling them. Never seems to happen. With good reason.
Eh, if I'm going to pay money after the fact for seats I'm getting something much better. Not that the factory Recaros are good, just saying if you want to drop $1000-1500+ on seats you can do better.
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #37
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post

Eh, if I'm going to pay money after the fact for seats I'm getting something much better. Not that the factory Recaros are good, just saying if you want to drop $1000-1500+ on seats you can do better.
Not really. There are not very many seats that maintain the side airbags, so from an oem standpoint, I think the recaro's are the best deal.
Mikeyt03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyt03 View Post
Not really. There are not very many seats that maintain the side airbags, so from an oem standpoint, I think the recaro's are the best deal.
I view the airbags as a huge drawback ... weight and complexity that I neither want or need. When I look at seats I look at how comfortable and supportive they are, then how much they weight, followed by pricing. Somewhere way down the list (far past where I give a ****) is whether or not they contribute to a ten airbag safety cocoon ...
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85

I view the airbags as a huge drawback ... weight and complexity that I neither want or need. When I look at seats I look at how comfortable and supportive they are, then how much they weight, followed by pricing. Somewhere way down the list (far past where I give a ****) is whether or not they contribute to a ten airbag safety cocoon ...
A good 5 point harness is all you need anyway. Air bags cause damn near as many injuries as they prevent.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:23 AM   #40
Road Trip!

Quote:

Well in that case your correct. Yeah I don't care about them either, but it seems like most want to retain that function.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I know recaros are comfortable and are in pretty much every sports car but every time I hear "recaro" I think import. Have no clue why, no clue.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
I put the Ford Racing Recaros in my car a couple of months ago. They are pricey, but they are the only aftermarket seats I could find with the side airbags. I bought them from AM and utilized the ME discount code so I saved 6%. I installed them along with the Boss 302 LS rear seat delete and X-brace and am super happy with how the interior came out, and how comfortable and supportive the seats are.
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
bellski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellski View Post
I put the Ford Racing Recaros in my car a couple of months ago. They are pricey, but they are the only aftermarket seats I could find with the side airbags. I bought them from AM and utilized the ME discount code so I saved 6%. I installed them along with the Boss 302 LS rear seat delete and X-brace and am super happy with how the interior came out, and how comfortable and supportive the seats are.
I bet that looks baller, but you just put a supercharger's worth of $$$$ in your interior. I'm a lot more likely to buy some simple fixed backs and just yank the stock seats (all four of them) for track days. Sure it won't look pretty, but it would get the job done for what I want to do.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I bet that looks baller, but you just put a supercharger's worth of $$$$ in your interior. I'm a lot more likely to buy some simple fixed backs and just yank the stock seats (all four of them) for track days. Sure it won't look pretty, but it would get the job done for what I want to do.
To each his own
2011 GT M6 Premium- Mechanical upgrades include: Boss 302 Intake, JLT CAI, JPC LT Headers, Off Road X Pipe, and mufflers, 410 Gears, Granatelli Hot Street Coil Packs, 93 Octane Ghost Cam Tune by Jon Lund,Eibach ProKit Springs,shocks, struts and sway bars, BMR LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, and adjustable Panhard Bar, Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates, Barton Shortshifter and bracket, Wilwood Superlight Brakes w/6 and 4 piston calipers, Steeda Spyders- 9-1/2X20 with 275/35 and 11X20 with 315/35 Nitto Invos.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

A good 5 point harness is all you need anyway. Air bags cause damn near as many injuries as they prevent.
Yeah my girlfriend had an accident in her Mustang vert last October and the airbag broke her wrist and the side airbag gave her soft tissue damage. The reality is that they are there to save your life in a bad accident and they do more harm than good in a low speed non catastrophic accident. Well that just my opinion based on that incident. Besides that Recaro makes one of the best seats and I wish I had leather ones in my vert
Old 06-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #46

Region: Virginia
Anyone still looking? I've got my ford racing Recaros for sale. Great condition. Local pickup only! Virginia Beach. $1700.
5.0verkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
5.0verkill,
Can you email or text me 5128441945
interested in your seats for sure
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Il be getting these next ! Lol
Moto111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I crashed my 09 GTCS into a tree in Jan and the side air bags saved my life. Just saying! I'll never have another car without them.
2014 GT 5.0 Brembo's and 3.73's. FRPP Shifter, Steeda Intake Bama V2 Tune, Accufab 84.5 TB, Borla S-Type, Lethal Over Axel, JBA X, DSS Shaft, Steeda Panhard, Steeda LCA, Koni Streets, K Springs, GT500 Mounts.
2004 Maxima SE Daily Driver
K2Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:13 PM   #50
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Steeda View Post
I crashed my 09 GTCS into a tree in Jan and the side air bags saved my life. Just saying! I'll never have another car without them.
Why are you screaming in you avatar?
Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I dont remember. I was prob drunk.
2014 GT 5.0 Brembo's and 3.73's. FRPP Shifter, Steeda Intake Bama V2 Tune, Accufab 84.5 TB, Borla S-Type, Lethal Over Axel, JBA X, DSS Shaft, Steeda Panhard, Steeda LCA, Koni Streets, K Springs, GT500 Mounts.
2004 Maxima SE Daily Driver
K2Steeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #52
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Steeda View Post
I dont remember. I was prob drunk.
Haha.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Stay away from the recaro cloth seats,Issues with the bottom part of the seat showing alot of wear fast.Ford replaced mine under warranty @1000 miles,I now have 3,200 miles and it shows wear again. I hear replacementbottom seat cover can cost $850 if denied warranty or after it runs out.
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
Stay away from the recaro cloth seats,Issues with the bottom part of the seat showing alot of wear fast.Ford replaced mine under warranty @1000 miles,I now have 3,200 miles and it shows wear again. I hear replacementbottom seat cover can cost $850 if denied warranty or after it runs out.
Hmm- interesting.
I have over 1500 miles on mine and they still look brand new- will keep an eye on them though, now...
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

check out bossmustangsonline,there are many posts with this issue
chefron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefron50 View Post
$850? Might as well buy a proper racing seat with that kind of money.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Go corbeau and resistors for the airbag Light
Mustang50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

I would take them off your hands for sure but VA is too far away
Red Stallion 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #59

Region: California
First post -and I did search -which brought me to this conversation...
Out of curiosity, why are the verts specifically without Recaro? Online, it does not appear that you can even configure for that option.
FWIW -I am now 90% certain that I will be in a mustang (2011+) in the next year as a DD and occasional track toy. I like the idea of the vert since I have little kids and want to spend summers with the top down, and putting them in the car will be much easier this way. Not to mention that I have the illusion (or delusion?) that I will have this car for a very long time, as in 20 years plus...

Oh, one other question, I noticed that Ford Racing sells the Focus ST recaros...should this be a fairly straight forward install in a Mustang? (I like the looks)
mdw195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why Seats are So Expensive...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattchee View Post
If I didn't get the Recaro seat option but I want to install the same Recaro seats for a reasonable price. I looked on the FRPP site but they sell them as singles for 3199.99 which is outrageous. Any suggestions?
The reason there so outrageous is it's both seats complete with air bags and sensors.

From the AM site:

Not only do these Ford Racing seats look and feel great, but they also help keep you safe in the event of an accident with factory style side air bags integrated into their design. Power wiring harness and seat tracks are included for side air bag functionality.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh, one other question, I noticed that Ford Racing sells the Focus ST recaros...should this be a fairly straight forward install in a Mustang? (I like the looks)
Yes, they will bolt directly to the seat brackets that are in your car. (manual, not sure about electric)
I was about to pull the trigger on a set of leather recaro ST seats out of a focus and did my research. I ended up finding a pair of recaros out of a boss 302 and a bonus, the back seat was included so I went that route. There is a pair of boss 302 recaros on ebay, but one of the seats, the airbag has deployed so IMHO they are asking too much (1500)
I got a mint set of front & back for 2k which is about what it would cost at the dealer as an option when you buy your car.

Here is what the focus ST seats would look like if you removed the ST and embroidered a ford racing logo
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 11-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Some more Boss seats on ebay as well as FRPP Recaros. Not worth 1500, but looks like the guy is taking offers
2013 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Seats Driver and Passenger | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Racing-...793bca&vxp=mtr
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Old 12-03-2014, 08:47 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I think im going to get an aftermarket recaro seat (the sportster CS seats) and get a custom cover on them. The reason i like the factory recaros is because they were suede/leather (depending on model). If i find a pair of the factory recaros i may snatch them up. I would even still put a custom seat cover on the factory recaros if they arent the straight up leather GT style ones. Plus then i can get a bit of a custom interior which would be cool.
jkattchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

ALSO, if anyone has custom seat covers on their recaros please post pictures!
***not those silly looking carhart pullover covers but real custom seat upholstery.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #65
Evolution's Finest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattchee View Post
I think im going to get an aftermarket recaro seat (the sportster CS seats)
Which ones are those?
'13 5.0 PW Premium / E-Force Supercharger w/ Brenspeed tune / FRPP Recaro's / GT500 quad exhaust / DSS Aluminum / Stop Tech 6P 15" / 13" rears / LP over axels / MGW / Moroso separator / 3:73's / Forgestar F14's 20x9/20x11 w/ Nitto Invo's 275/35's & 315/35's / Steeda Sport springs / Koni STR.T's / Steeda PHB / GT500 Spoiler / Roush upper and lower grills / Stillen front splitter / Boss steering wheel
TommyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Crtl+v and Crtl+c into google man. anyway, they are another set that recaro makes aftermarket, they dont have all the airbag stuff in them etc. which i dont really care about since im getting the seats to put in a harness. plus they are only ~$2400 which means i can get some custom covers on them too for just a bit more than the cost of OEM Recaros.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:47 PM   #67
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Recaros in my opinion are overrated. Especially the ones they have as the option in Mustangs. They are too elongated and don't really have good side bolstering to really hold you in.

These are what i'll be going with. Cobra Suzuka Pro Fit. Designed as an actual race seat with purpose, not just looks. And they are $800 a piece (before the $200 of brackets you need).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suzuka.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	221.9 KB
ID:	170903  

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:49 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Yea but i like the styling recaros have more than i do the styling of other brands, especially corbeau, their seats look like they never made it past the 80's (which was when car interiors were ****)
Old 12-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #69
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Corbeau is meh for most of their stuff. I have their harnesses and they are meh. Recaro is mostly for the look and style of a race seat, without the actual performance.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:55 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

If you get oem, but i feel that recaro has good products, you just cant have the oem seats if you want that performance of a race seat. I also like recaro because this is a DD car that im building as a weekend track warrior. That being said i dont want to get an all out racing seat that will wreck my back on the open road.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT