Recaro Seats - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-04-2014, 09:29 PM   #106
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkattchee View Post
Im 19. But my parents bought the car and im paying them off, rather than buying it in my name. This was to circumvent a high interest rate and insurance rate. But I sat in a BOSS at the Roush dealer and the guy straight up said to me watch out dont scratch the car kid. He gave me his business card as I was about to leave, on my way to the door I threw it in the trash haha. I went to the Mac Haik Ford in Houston to get mine. My deal was a GT Premium, dark color, no add ons. In hindsight I wish i had gotten the recaros but oh well. My neighborhood ford dealer and Mac Haik treated me very well. Mac Haik is also the Houston SVT dealer. They get a ton of Shelbys and they had a few Cobra Jets and Boss 302s cars.
I went to a Ford dealer that had a 15 Ecoboost Premium, i was gawking over it when a salesman came up. Didn't say how old i was (19 also), but he was pretty cool, let me fully inspect it and start it up, he offered to let me take it for a spin, but i didn't have time because of work. Told him early on i have an 01 Bullitt so that helped cause he actually knew what it was. This was in a really nice part of town, i did the same thing back home where they had a v6 base, salesmen wouldn't even give me the time of day when i was ogling over the car, i had to go up to them to ask questions and then they were just sitting around on their phones.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yea when I test drove that 15 GT that I did I was actually at the dealer to get some new rotors and pads for my '04 F-250 so I could replace them (fronts) cause they were warped pretty bad. The entire truck would shake almost regardless of speed when you put the brakes on. But I had to go inside to ask what happened to the FRPP store and while I was there I was gawking at the 15 GT on the showroom floor. He asked if I was looking into one and I asked if they test drove them. He said conditionally. My reply was Ive got a 13 I might trade for it haha.
jkattchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular

Also if I even were to trade my car in for a 15 it would have to be the right one. 15 GT Premium, track pack, Recaros, and Guard. I feel like the new 'guard' color is just them bringing back the bullitt without actually putting the name on it. I just feel for that color on them though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yeah that's terrible for you guys, but I definitely expect it. And that's not because I'm 30, but because car salesmen generalize too much with teenagers. Judging before they find out all the details. I went through it myself. At balise they didn't think I'd get financed when I told them I had 800 credit. Didn't seem to believe me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2014oxstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 09:42 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular

Btw, I wish I had a coyote at 19. I was driving a 94' grand am hand-me-down from my brother that I purchased for 3k busting my balls landscaping for the summer lol. Head gasket went 10k miles later lol

Old 12-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular

I work as a ranch hand for a friend of my parents. $200/day over the holidays/breaks. This coming summer I should have an internship paying ~$18-25/hr. Im in school for engineering. I got the car in 12/12 when I was 18 actually. I could have had it payed off by now but I've dropped 5k on mods (I owe 5k). Before the stang I was driving a hand me down which was almost replaced by the 04' F-250 (Which I love as well). My point is that it wasnt that I just got it. I made a deal with my parents that I would work my *** off to pay them back for it. Thankfully my mom isnt making me pay for the whole thing.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I work as a ranch hand for a friend of my parents. $200/day over the holidays/breaks. This coming summer I should have an internship paying ~$18-25/hr. Im in school for engineering. I got the car in 12/12 when I was 18 actually. I could have had it payed off by now but I've dropped 5k on mods (I owe 5k). Before the stang I was driving a hand me down which was almost replaced by the 04' F-250 (Which I love as well). My point is that it wasnt that I just got it. I made a deal with my parents that I would work my *** off to pay them back for it. Thankfully my mom isnt making me pay for the whole thing.

That's good man. Good strong goals in mind and taking responsibility. Don't see that too often these days.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:44 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, but I was raised working on a ranch. Been doing hard labor work all my life. Most people dont have that anymore, as far as their parents having them do hard labor without pay. I still dont get paid for maintaining my ranch, just the other ranches that I am a hand at. Anyways my parents built everything they have and they beat that same drive into me.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular

Oh also im a sophomore in college now studying mech engineering. Hence the internship with awesome pay lol. *most internships are not paid or just round $12/hr
Old 12-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Oh also im a sophomore in college now studying mech engineering. Hence the internship with awesome pay lol. *most internships are not paid or just round $12/hr

Engineering or a trade is where it's at these days for sure. Good for you man.

Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #116
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Looks like we are in almost the same boat, except I'm studying Business Administration. Downside is most internships in this area are looking for juniors and seniors. So next year I'll be looking for one. Lots of people at my school come out of internships with full time jobs though.

Bullitts are better than Bullets

HID end all thread
Old 12-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular

Yea, the parents are doctors. Well ones a surgeon. The other teaches now. But ive always been fascinated by mechanical systems. I want to go into Engine Technology development in the aerospace industry(new/more efficient turbine engines)
Old 12-04-2014, 10:58 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular

Yea my brother (mech e as well) graduates next week. He has a few offers, boeing, FMC tech & 77nrg. The latter 2 are upstream energy companies.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #119
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Really glad to hear you are going into Mechanical Engineering, it's a great degree to have and it can get you into some really great opportunities.
I graduated with a ME degree and then went to night school to get my business degree and finally ending up selling custom engineered machinery for automated manufacturing in Aerospace, Pharmaceutical, Electronics, Semi-Conductor markets all over the world. Had a great life and now I'm retired.
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:20 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular

Haha sounds like it man. I considered doing a minor in business. But i dont really have the time. I want to do a masters in ME is why.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #121
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Oregon
Go for it, you're only young once and the older you get the harder it gets to hit the books.
On another note, the Recaro's are not as comfortable for this 70 year old as the JAZZ in my old drag racer. My 14 has the Recaro package and if they wouldn't have come on the car I don't think I would have spent the $1599 for the option..........IMHO
olerodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular

Yea im not too keen on spending $3k on the OEM ones. Id rather just get one for myself and leave the passenger seat as is.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:44 PM   #123
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yea im not too keen on spending $3k on the OEM ones. Id rather just get one for myself and leave the passenger seat as is.
Exactly. I'm only getting one race seat for my car (for now). If i do have a passenger they don't need to be held in as much as me lol. It would be good weight savings though to have both.

HID end all thread
Old 12-05-2014, 11:45 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular

Or just take the pass. seat out on track day lol. no one needs to be in there with me. Im not some rally driver i dont need no navigator haha.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:48 PM   #125
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Or just take the pass. seat out on track day lol. no one needs to be in there with me. Im not some rally driver i dont need no navigator haha.
I may do that lol, will have to see how much of a PITA it is. Car weighed 3335 pounds with 1/2 (me not in the car). One day i want to get it under 3k.

HID end all thread
Old 12-05-2014, 11:50 PM   #126
Registered Member
Regular

Man thats alot of weight to shred.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:53 PM   #127
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Man thats alot of weight to shred.
Probably comparing apples to oranges. But there is a guy with a 1999 Roush who competitively autocrosses it, he has taken his car down to 2800 pounds. So it is doable, depends on how far i want to go. And his isn't even fully gutted (just mostly gutted).

HID end all thread
Old 12-05-2014, 11:55 PM   #128
Registered Member
Regular

Yea but that starts to cost money. Gotta get rid of dash electronics, interior deadening. its doable, but alot.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:02 AM   #129
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Yea but that starts to cost money. Gotta get rid of dash electronics, interior deadening. its doable, but alot.
Most of its interior, like all the sound deadening, the fabric stuff under the seats, the padding in the trunk, lighter seats, AC, smog equipment, aluminum block, tubular K member and A arms ect...........

Right now i'm just at no back seats, no spare tire or jack, aluminum block is an easy 50lbs, tubular k member and A arms is another 40-60, lighter seats are about 20-25 each..... I also have about 70 pounds in added suspension.

Under 3100 should be easily doable, past that is when you start getting into race car standards. All just depends on how far you want to go lol. Won't do anything major until the car isn't my DD.

HID end all thread
Old 12-06-2014, 12:04 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular

Yea ive already got an aluminum block haha. but yea a bmr motor mount new front suspension. new rear end. and bye bye interior.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #131
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Yea there is a lot more that can be done to these cars than people think.

HID end all thread
Old 12-06-2014, 12:13 AM   #132
Registered Member
Regular

Seam-welding lightweight panels
Old 12-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #133
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Carbon Fiber everything!!!

HID end all thread
Old 12-06-2014, 12:38 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular

yeeeeeeeeeeee

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT