Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Recaro Seats

37K views 133 replies 31 participants last post by  jkattchee 
#1 ·
If I didn't get the Recaro seat option but I want to install the same Recaro seats for a reasonable price. I looked on the FRPP site but they sell them as singles for 3199.99 which is outrageous. Any suggestions?

#5 ·
That's ridiculous why do they go so high. I want the one piece harness seat like that but I don't like the way the ones that AM have look in the car. I think the Recaro seats go well with the car.

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

Is that with leather? The cloth Ford Racing ones usually run about $2,600 for the pair.
Heres the link.
2012-2013 FORD RACING RECARO MUSTANG SEAT | Part Details for M-63660005-MC* | Ford Racing Performance Parts

#3 ·
I looked for some last week and couldn't find a thing.

#7 ·
Try cipheraoto.com. They sell some pretty cool seats for a reasonable price. Yes you have to buy seat mounts also but the most expensive they sell are around $750 for a pair. Then a couple of hundred for brackets. Still cheaper than Recaro's. Then you can add harnesses and the brace behind the seats if you want. I think if you get everything it's only around $1300. Thinking about it myself as a future mod. Just gotta decide if I'm willing to give up my heated seats.

Vehicle Car Vehicle door Car seat

Text Font Technology Electronic device Multimedia

Cipherauto.com

#8 ·
Try cipheraoto.com. They sell some pretty cool seats for a reasonable price. Yes you have to buy seat mounts also but the most expensive they sell are around $750 for a pair. Then a couple of hundred for brackets. Still cheaper than Recaro's. Then you can add harnesses and the brace behind the seats if you want. I think if you get everything it's only around $1300. Thinking about it myself as a future mod. Just gotta decide if I'm willing to give up my heated seats.
Man these are pretty sweet, plus I like the multicolor options. Thanks!

#18 ·
If they are the same seats I'm thinking of, they have manual adjustments only. Here are some details.
Product Description
Fits 2011-2012 Mustang (Fit's 05-09 with modification) Similar to OEM seat found in the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Seat is equipped with an integrated headrest, seat belt pass through openings and enhanced bolstered shoulder, back and thigh areas. Features an embroidered Ford Racing logo on front of seat back Sold as a pair 4-way manual adjustment (driver); 2-way manual adjustment (passenger) Manufactured for Ford Racing by Recaro

Fits 2012-2013 Mustang GT and 2012-2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Similar to OEM sport seat found in the 2013 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca.
This seat is equipped with an integrated headrest, seat belt pass through openings and enhanced bolstered shoulder, back and thigh areas.
Features an embroidered Ford Racing logo on front of seat back
Sold as a pair
4-way manual adjustment (driver); 2-way manual adjustment (passenger)
Manufactured for Ford Racing by Recaro

I know of a shop selling them for $2950 per pair, but in Canada.

#29 ·
Anyone ever go with the Corbeau seats, thats what I have been looking at. I just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

#31 ·
Thanks for that update, glad I didn't get those.

#32 ·
Like most said they are expensive because they are the stock equivalents and have the side airbags. None of the recaros from the factory are powered, only manual. Exact reason I made sure when I got my car they had the recaros because I didn't wanna pay $2600 compared to 1600 from the factory and have something different then saying recaro.

#39 ·
Napoleon85 said:
I view the airbags as a huge drawback ... weight and complexity that I neither want or need. When I look at seats I look at how comfortable and supportive they are, then how much they weight, followed by pricing. Somewhere way down the list (far past where I give a ****) is whether or not they contribute to a ten airbag safety cocoon ...
A good 5 point harness is all you need anyway. Air bags cause damn near as many injuries as they prevent.

#45 ·
Yeah my girlfriend had an accident in her Mustang vert last October and the airbag broke her wrist and the side airbag gave her soft tissue damage. The reality is that they are there to save your life in a bad accident and they do more harm than good in a low speed non catastrophic accident. Well that just my opinion based on that incident. Besides that Recaro makes one of the best seats and I wish I had leather ones in my vert

#42 ·
I put the Ford Racing Recaros in my car a couple of months ago. They are pricey, but they are the only aftermarket seats I could find with the side airbags. I bought them from AM and utilized the ME discount code so I saved 6%. I installed them along with the Boss 302 LS rear seat delete and X-brace and am super happy with how the interior came out, and how comfortable and supportive the seats are.

#43 ·
I bet that looks baller, but you just put a supercharger's worth of $$$$ in your interior. I'm a lot more likely to buy some simple fixed backs and just yank the stock seats (all four of them) for track days. Sure it won't look pretty, but it would get the job done for what I want to do.

#47 · (Edited)
5.0verkill,
Can you email or text me 5128441945
interested in your seats for sure

#49 ·
I crashed my 09 GTCS into a tree in Jan and the side air bags saved my life. Just saying! I'll never have another car without them.

#51 ·
I dont remember. I was prob drunk.

#53 ·
Stay away from the recaro cloth seats,Issues with the bottom part of the seat showing alot of wear fast.Ford replaced mine under warranty @1000 miles,I now have 3,200 miles and it shows wear again. I hear replacementbottom seat cover can cost $850 if denied warranty or after it runs out.

#54 ·
Hmm- interesting.
I have over 1500 miles on mine and they still look brand new- will keep an eye on them though, now...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.