Roush Catback Exhaust with Pypes O/R X Pipe - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Roush Catback Exhaust with Pypes O/R X Pipe

I have a 2010 Mustang GT planning on getting the O/R X pipe added to my Roush Catback. What do u guys think? Anyone think it will sound bad? To much drone? Planning on getting the loudest possible.
phobik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMNO View Post
I have a 2010 Mustang GT planning on getting the O/R X pipe added to my Roush Catback. What do u guys think? Anyone think it will sound bad? To much drone? Planning on getting the loudest possible.
If you want to be as loud as possible, get some long tubes, with off road x-pipe and some competition tips... It will be like NASCAR in your neighborhood, personally, I love my Corsa with no Drone.... It's amazing, but I am upgrading to some long tubes here soon...
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

If you want to be as loud as possible, get some long tubes, with off road x-pipe and some competition tips... It will be like NASCAR in your neighborhood, personally, I love my Corsa with no Drone.... It's amazing, but I am upgrading to some long tubes here soon...
Not planning on long tubes because I plan on eventually trading my car in. Want to do bolt one as much as possible. Trying to get the loudest with the same headers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Not planning on long tubes because I plan on eventually trading my car in. Want to do bolt one as much as possible. Trying to get the loudest with the same headers
You will get drone out the *** at 2K RPM. Been there done that with the setup you are talking about.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:26 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

You will get drone out the *** at 2K RPM. Been there done that with the setup you are talking about.
How bad of a drone? What do u recommend then if u had that set up?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How bad of a drone? What do u recommend then if u had that set up?
Well to the point I'd have to yell at people in my car to talk to them on the highway and going up hills on the highway was terrible. I stopped listening to music as I couldn't hear it.

Uh you can do what I did, switch away from the roush to a muffler based axle back with no drone but identical loudness. Borla will be as loud as the roush with o/r x but without the drone.

I made that switch. 100% worth it.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

Why not go with two glass pack resonators or 5.0 resonators which would take care of the drone and help with the loud high pitch tones?
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue View Post

Why not go with two glass pack resonators or 5.0 resonators which would take care of the drone and help with the loud high pitch tones?
What do u mean by resonators? Never really understood that?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote:

Well to the point I'd have to yell at people in my car to talk to them on the highway and going up hills on the highway was terrible. I stopped listening to music as I couldn't hear it.

Uh you can do what I did, switch away from the roush to a muffler based axle back with no drone but identical loudness. Borla will be as loud as the roush with o/r x but without the drone.

I made that switch. 100% worth it.
You think there's a way to kill the drone with the offload x pipe? Was it loud outside at least?
Old 03-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

What do u mean by resonators? Never really understood that?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

You think there's a way to kill the drone with the offload x pipe? Was it loud outside at least?
Oh bro, it's loud outside. Finally the car sounds as mean as it looks but the in cabin drone needs major attention. Lol. Glass pack resonators are attached to your exhaust piping typically towards the front where the x pipe and factory piping are. They are a mini muffler that absorbs and changes sound. It takes the high pitch tone of the x pipe and changes it to a higher pitch , deeper sounding tone. Is still loud outside but cuts down dramatically the in cabin drone noise. I'm not sure my Flowmaster force II exhaust system was the best choice for cutting down drone or the high pitch tone for the off road x pipe and headers.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Oh bro, it's loud outside. Finally the car sounds as mean as it looks but the in cabin drone needs major attention. Lol. Glass pack resonators are attached to your exhaust piping typically towards the front where the x pipe and factory piping are. They are a mini muffler that absorbs and changes sound. It takes the high pitch tone of the x pipe and changes it to a higher pitch , deeper sounding tone. Is still loud outside but cuts down dramatically the in cabin drone noise. I'm not sure my Flowmaster force II exhaust system was the best choice for cutting down drone or the high pitch tone for the off road x pipe and headers.
How can I get some Resonators to add to my exhaust? I believe my Catback are glass packs as what's someone told me. It's straight piping no muffler
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How can I get some Resonators to add to my exhaust? I believe my Catback are glass packs as what's someone told me. It's straight piping no muffler
Straight piping. Oh, that's gotta be loud. Lol. Any shop that does exhaust work can easily install glass packs. Really quite easy for them. I'm having mine installed this Tuesday and should run around 150 to 160.00 dollars for everything . The drone would not be so bad if I kept my 2:73 gears because with those gears I could cruise 80 mph and still never be above 2k rpm's. lol. The higher the rpm's go the more drone you have. I don't mind some drone but there is a limit. Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Straight piping. Oh, that's gotta be loud. Lol. Any shop that does exhaust work can easily install glass packs. Really quite easy for them. I'm having mine installed this Tuesday and should run around 150 to 160.00 dollars for everything . The drone would not be so bad if I kept my 2:73 gears because with those gears I could cruise 80 mph and still never be above 2k rpm's. lol. The higher the rpm's go the more drone you have. I don't mind some drone but there is a limit. Lol
So if I install the x pipe and the drone is to bad, installing the resonators will take it away?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So if I install the x pipe and the drone is to bad, installing the resonators will take it away?
I'm hoping like crazy it will because I don't want to spend another 600 dollars on a new exhaust system. Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm hoping like crazy it will because I don't want to spend another 600 dollars on a new exhaust system. Lol
I just wish I had cabin videos to know what I'm going against or any set up that would work great with the Roush Catback
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just wish I had cabin videos to know what I'm going against or any set up that would work great with the Roush Catback
The one member I was talking with on here has the Roush axle back exhaust system and he swears on the resonators. Charlie Santos told me to get resonators and its a must. Took care majority of his drone and gave deeper lower tone. A must have according to some other forum members. The Corsa system claims no drone but is that with cats off and headers? I didn't have drone with my Flowmaster exhaust system either but that was prior to me removing the cats and BBK headers.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

The one member I was talking with on here has the Roush axle back exhaust system and he swears on the resonators. Charlie Santos told me to get resonators and its a must. Took care majority of his drone and gave deeper lower tone. A must have according to some other forum members. The Corsa system claims no drone but is that with cats off and headers? I didn't have drone with my Flowmaster exhaust system either but that was prior to me removing the cats and BBK headers.
Hi y'all, so i heard u were talking about me :p lol

I had roush Axlebacks WITH headers and Xpipe. That setup was soooo freaken loud it got annoying quick! And the drone was annoying it literally made my change in my cup holder rattle around. I got tired of it and did research. I found that glass packs or resonators took off both Rasp and helped with drone. I didn't find anyone else with resonators so i jumped the gun and installed some and omfg it was Night & Day difference in the tone and drone. My exhaust sounded sooo deep and mean i fell in love! My change does not rattle around anymore either!!
Charlie_santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_santos View Post

I had roush Axlebacks WITH headers and Xpipe. That setup was soooo freaken loud it got annoying quick! And the drone was annoying it literally made my change in my cup holder rattle around. I got tired of it and did research. I found that glass packs or resonators took off both Rasp and helped with drone. I didn't find anyone else with resonators so i jumped the gun and installed some and omfg it was Night & Day difference in the tone and drone. My exhaust sounded sooo deep and mean i fell in love! My change does not rattle around anymore either!!
There you are. What you on vacation from this site Charlie? Its been like 2 days since you posted. Lol. That's not like you bro. We need your expertise here bro. Lol. We got big important things to discuss. Mustangs baby. Lol

Corsa makes an axle back exhaust system for our 11 plus v6 models and they claim there muffler technology has a zero drone. I wonder if that includes a zero drone with headers and off road x pipe as well. I didn't have any drone with my Flowmaster Force II muffler's either prior to the headers and off road x pipe. Now, good grief the drone. Magnaflow Glass packs going on this Tuesday. Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

There you are. What you on vacation from this site Charlie? Its been like 2 days since you posted. Lol. That's not like you bro. We need your expertise here bro. Lol. We got big important things to discuss. Mustangs baby. Lol

Corsa makes an axle back exhaust system for our 11 plus v6 models and they claim there muffler technology has a zero drone. I wonder if that includes a zero drone with headers and off road x pipe as well. I didn't have any drone with my Flowmaster Force II muffler's either prior to the headers and off road x pipe. Now, good grief the drone. Magnaflow Glass packs going on this Tuesday. Lol
Lmfao!! Hahaha my bad ive been busy with school n sh*t bro! ****en 16page research paper! On MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!

Ive heard corsa in person a buddy has it on his 09GT and it sounds beast but he only have the axlebacks and catted xpipe and has no drone but they never said anything on drone with headers n off road mid pipe so who knows!!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya but I don't have headers besides stock. I was told my Roush Catback exhaust has glass packs because it doesn't have a muffler and its all piping. Does it change anything yet? What RPM and speed would u hear the most drone?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ya but I don't have headers besides stock. I was told my Roush Catback exhaust has glass packs because it doesn't have a muffler and its all piping. Does it change anything yet? What RPM and speed would u hear the most drone?
I think your drone would be above 2k plus. I know my drone is working me like a stripper at 2400k rpm. Although my coin is not jumping up like Charlie's but its definitely annoying me. I certainly don't want to drop 600 bucks on a new exhaust system like Corsa if I'm not sure about the drone with my headers and off road x pipe.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:

Lmfao!! Hahaha my bad ive been busy with school n sh*t bro! ****en 16page research paper! On MUSTANGS!!!!!!!!

Ive heard corsa in person a buddy has it on his 09GT and it sounds beast but he only have the axlebacks and catted xpipe and has no drone but they never said anything on drone with headers n off road mid pipe so who knows!!
Alright bro. I'll let it slide because your in school but don't keep off too long. Us fellow stangers need guidance on how to make our ride totally dope and that begins with the right exhaust tone. Lmao.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think your drone would be above 2k plus. I know my drone is working me like a stripper at 2400k rpm. Although my coin is not jumping up like Charlie's but its definitely annoying me. I certainly don't want to drop 600 bucks on a new exhaust system like Corsa if I'm not sure about the drone with my headers and off road x pipe.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Alright bro. I'll let it slide because your in school but don't keep off too long. Us fellow stangers need guidance on how to make our ride totally dope and that begins with the right exhaust tone. Lmao.
Lol. I'm going to have to check the Resonator things out. Does every muffler shop have them in stock?
Old 03-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol. I'm going to have to check the Resonator things out. Does every muffler shop have them in stock?
Oh yeah, or they just order a pair. All the muffler should install them. Apparently is a pretty easy thing . They cut a section off your factory piping and then weld the glass pack resonators on. The look like mini mufflers. My understanding all the glass packs are pretty much the same. I read Magnaflow makes a good glass pack resonator. I know Flowmaster sells some glass packs and I'm sure there all the same.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Don't you guys have the V6 and your trying to tell someone with a 5.0 what will work best for him? Smh.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Don't you guys have the V6 and your trying to tell someone with a 5.0 what will work best for him? Smh.
Not trying to tell anyone at all sir. Just offering friendly advice and getting input from fellow stangers. If its loud on the v6 its gonna be loud on the 5.0.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Excuse me buddy ur trying to tell us crap about just helping him and u dont even get ur facts correct. Look at what he has bro.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Excuse me buddy ur trying to tell us crap about just helping him and u dont even get ur facts correct. Look at what he has bro.
my bad, he has a 4.6L V8, still isn't a V6...

I don't think either one of you once informed him that you have done this with a V6 and it was what your mileage was. Still two very different engines.

my point being, as an example, on the 5.0 engine removing the cats provides a positive torque and hp gain, but on the 4.6L for example it does not. So if I were to tell him that because my car did his car will, is absurd. He really needs to check with someone with a 4.6L V8 that has done what he is looking to do and see how it worked for them.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't think either one of you once informed him that you have done this with a V6 and it was what your mileage was. Still two very different engines.

my point being, as an example, on the 5.0 engine removing the cats provides a positive torque and hp gain, but on the 4.6L for example it does not. So if I were to tell him that because my car did his car will, is absurd. He really needs to check with someone with a 4.6L V8 that has done what he is looking to do and see how it worked for them.
Removing my cats will give some power and torque. Of course a 5.0 would sound different than mine. Tried youtubing my setup and couldn't find it
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have not got my glass pack resonators on yet. I just know that with my BBK headers and off road x pipe there is a lot of in cabin notice. Regardless of the 4.6 engine or not, if my little sixer is loud with no cats and headers then I'm gonna ride on the 4.6 is gonna be loud. Regardless of engine size, resonators are designed to quiet down noise. No matter what V one has, that doesn't change the job of a resonator. It reduces the noise and tone of the exhaust.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have not got my glass pack resonators on yet. I just know that with my BBK headers and off road x pipe there is a lot of in cabin notice. Regardless of the 4.6 engine or not, if my little sixer is loud with no cats and headers then I'm gonna ride on the 4.6 is gonna be loud. Regardless of engine size, resonators are designed to quiet down noise. No matter what V one has, that doesn't change the job of a resonator. It reduces the noise and tone of the exhaust.
I think you are missing my point...

I give up trying to explain it too you...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I think you are missing my point...

I give up trying to explain it too you...
Good sir, I'm interested to hear your point and perhaps I'm just misunderstanding you. I think we just have a good old fashion communication misunderstanding. While my engine is different than the 4.6 or 5.0, excessive cabin noise is excessive cabin noise regardless of ones engine size. The forum member asked about the resonators and was simply offering friendly exchange of information. That's typically why this mustang forum is great, exchange information and experience from people.

Perhaps I'm missing something here and for that my sincere apologies to you and any other member on this forum who may feel that I was out of line for sharing this information.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust