Extended Service Warrantee - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Extended Service Warrantee

Okay, while we're discussing warrantee's with the fog lamp covered and all that, do any of you have ANY of the Extended Service and Maintenance Warrantee packages with Ford. I've heard good and bad experiences, but never discussed it on the forums as of yet and still have a few months to order it, before the 1st year is up and I can save some money ($100).

I mean, after this $700 fog light issue and the clutch grinding, I am starting to consider spending (wasting) my money and have peace of mind,. What are your opinions. I HAVE been burnt before with a only a few ESP's in many, many years, but maybe times and Ford have changed. I NEVER apply anymore for this since as I stated, I have been burnt, but what experiences have you had with FORD in particular.
Thanks in advance for all your input and I hope I kept this new post short enough this time.
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I actually had both of these for about the first 40k. Dealer always did maintenance work AND warranty work with no questions asked. I did get a lot of compliments though lol.

None of the warranty work was power train work but they did replace a shock under warranty. It wasn't lowered but did have after market wheels at the time.

Depends on how mod friendly the dealer is mostly. My dealer is one of the biggest in the states and they clearly know how to take care of customers

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I wish I had that option, I've yet to have found a decent Ford dealer... The lube monkeys that work there know less about my car than I do.... Warranty is pointless for me :-/
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I actually had both of these for about the first 40k. Dealer always did maintenance work AND warranty work with no questions asked. I did get a lot of compliments though lol.

None of the warranty work was power train work but they did replace a shock under warranty. It wasn't lowered but did have after market wheels at the time.

Depends on how mod friendly the dealer is mostly. My dealer is one of the biggest in the states and they clearly know how to take care of customers
Same here. Except had it for 16K miles. They have worked on the car without cats and no words said. Cars been tuned near 11,000 miles. Local family owned shop that the son 3rd generation down runs. They care about their customers and do what is right.

Worst case I know a service manager at a different ford.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Thanks again for the quick replies and advice. Starting to lean now more towards the ESP with a payment plan. The ESP brochure I got in the mail is close to $2000 for 7years/125,000 miles. Still have to dwell over the the past where I had an ESP and my problem was always NEVER included in the contract. With Jeep and also with Harley Davidson. Also, if this next 2015 anniversary Mustang is smoking, I might just trade up. I just can't control myself sometimes. Even though, I love my '13 Black GT!!!!!!
Hey, thanks for the laugh too GTStyles2 . Lube Monkeys! I'm laughing as I'm typing this.
Good Night All!
Greg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg3 View Post
Thanks again for the quick replies and advice. Starting to lean now more towards the ESP with a payment plan. The ESP brochure I got in the mail is close to $2000 for 7years/125,000 miles. Still have to dwell over the the past where I had an ESP and my problem was always NEVER included in the contract. With Jeep and also with Harley Davidson. Also, if this next 2015 anniversary Mustang is smoking, I might just trade up. I just can't control myself sometimes. Even though, I love my '13 Black GT!!!!!!
Hey, thanks for the laugh too GTStyles2 . Lube Monkeys! I'm laughing as I'm typing this.
Good Night All!
Fwiw I sold mine recently and am very happy I did. I do all my own work on my car anyways

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
A while back I purchased a warranty for ~$900 with the stipulation that if I did not use the warranty during the period we would received a full refund. I did get the refund when the warranty expired they refunded the money

Quote:
Okay, while we're discussing warrantee's with the fog lamp covered and all that, do any of you have ANY of the Extended Service and Maintenance Warrantee packages with Ford. I've heard good and bad experiences, but never discussed it on the forums as of yet and still have a few months to order it, before the 1st year is up and I can save some money ($100).

I mean, after this $700 fog light issue and the clutch grinding, I am starting to consider spending (wasting) my money and have peace of mind,. What are your opinions. I HAVE been burnt before with a only a few ESP's in many, many years, but maybe times and Ford have changed. I NEVER apply anymore for this since as I stated, I have been burnt, but what experiences have you had with FORD in particular.
Thanks in advance for all your input and I hope I kept this new post short enough this time.
2L8ULUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:48 AM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:

I had purchased the ESP when I bought mine no issues what so ever! The 2 issues I had which should've been covered weren't. The dealership was like nah we can't help with that. I got fed up and repaired the items myself rather than calling ford customer service.

If you decide on an ESP the only one I'd recommend is Ford's.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8ULUZ
A while back I purchased a warranty for ~$900 with the stipulation that if I did not use the warranty during the period we would received a full refund. I did get the refund when the warranty expired they refunded the money
ROFLMAO
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #10
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L8ULUZ View Post
Dang good thinking! I wish I would've thought to do that.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ford

Dang good thinking! I wish I would've thought to do that.
It doesn't work that way, I call bullcrap. That's the same thing as saying, your insurance company gave your money back because you didn't have a wreck .
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

ROFLMAO
Glad you liked it!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Warranty helps me sleep at night, that alone is worth the cost to me. At 23k I had the sway bar links and pony light replaced, I see the clutch needing work before 100k. The maint plan is mce that the work is done with no cost. The dealer tried to skip the cabin filter but quickly replaced it once I confronted the service manager about it being covered as scheduled maint. Overall I'm just happy that everything is covered out to 100k, which I'll hit inside of three years.

Just a side note, my dads Volvo got a whole transmission at 98k covered under warranty. Only extended warranty that paid out, but it paid big. So I buy them just to ease my nerves.
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post
I wish I had that option, I've yet to have found a decent Ford dealer... The lube monkeys that work there know less about my car than I do.... Warranty is pointless for me :-/
+1^. I don't care what the warranty says or who works at the dealership. I have to many horror stories from past vehicles to know that my mustang will never go to a dealer for anything.
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post
It doesn't work that way, I call bullcrap. That's the same thing as saying, your insurance company gave your money back because you didn't have a wreck .
This was a waranty offered by Ford that was limited to cover the car up to 60k miles. If the warranty was not used within that period the money was refunded. If the warranty was used for anything the entire amount was forfited. The only issue was a power window motor which I fixed myself for less than $100.
Call bullcrap all you want, but this IS the way mine worked a few years back. I bet I can still locate the reciept from the check if I look through some paperwork. If I find it I will post a scan of it here.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
I said no to the ESP twice and they came down about $500 each time, so I took it on the third ask. One year in Ive only had an issue w/ the p/s pony projector (and its starting to look like the d/s projector too). Those wouldve been covered by factory warranty but I still have 2 years of that left obviously. There are also only certain parts covered, but the list is good-sized. And the ESP is also transferable if you sell the car and IIRC refundable, but pro-rated. Oh, and I have that sticking clutch return spring issue at WOT but DOT4 seems to have all but fixed that.
wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I typically don't buy warranties, but on an recent SUV purchase they also came down from $2000 to $1000 so I did it. They called it bimper to bumper and roof to road warranty covering everything including brakes, belts, battery, tires if needed and no charge syn-oil changes every 5k. All that for a $1000 seem reasonable when you include the oil changes.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I ended up buying the extended warranty from ford, at the time I purchased my car. For $1250, I got bumper to bumper for 5 yr, 60k miles.

Did the same when I bought my Jeep. Bought an extended bumper to bumper for 7 yr, 75k miles.

Only reason I buy the extended warranties is because I'm very glad that when I bought my Audi, it came with an extended warranty. It saved me a boat load of money. I know parts and labor for the Ford and Jeep are much cheaper than at Audi, but for a little over a grand, I sleep much better. Plus both warranties are transferable, so if I sell my car before it runs out, it helps for a better sale.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I bought one at the dealership with the car
Its Fords 5 year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper
plus 15,000 added to the powetrain, total of 75,000

With just the AC costing around $3000 or the Computer, Diagnostic work or any repair at a flat rate of $105 an hour
Its a No Brainer to drop $1500 knowing that 36000 miles or 3 years can go by real quick, Then after that, its pray and get on your knees the car holds up.

I even droped $500 for rim and tire protection for 5 years
that covers any damage or theft to the $700 each 19 Brembo wheels or the $250 P zeros if they blowout or have a defect
as well as any other tires I use for the 5 years.

Having just spent $200 at Red lobster
for my girfriend's and her parents birthday as well as another
$80 at the movies, Paying extra for warranty coverage seems like a Bargin $$$
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
I have the extended service warranty on my 2013 GT/CS and with my tune and mods and have been going back and forth trying to decide if I should cancel it or not. I think I have finally decided to cancel it. I will post again if I pull the trigger.
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I always buy the extended warranty. After losing an engine once, it's not something I'm willing to risk. It's an insurance policy and in general, I'd rather pay a grand or so than ten times that much for an engine or something major. Also if you get rid of the car before using it all up, you get a partial refund. On the one occasion I bought the warranty but never needed it, my dealer will refund the full price of it.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #22
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

I sold mind back, I have more than enough mods to void almost any part of my powertrain warranty anyways, then I spent that money I got back on mods lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
I sold mind back, I have more than enough mods to void almost any part of my powertrain warranty anyways, then I spent that money I got back on mods lol
Exactly what I need to do.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT