Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Are you kidding me!!!!

6K views 62 replies 27 participants last post by  nosympathy 
#1 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

Price was $43430.00. When they came to me with offer they didn't budge off their price(expected) but they told me a 2011 GT/CS loan value was $20500! KBB shows retail to be $30000, needless to say I calmly asked for my keys and left. They actually tried to get me to agree to put $5000 down and still pay $850/month.

See less See more
#4 ·
I wasn't expecting retail, but I also wasn't expecting to get raped. Trade in value shows to be around $25k. I know they would put it on the lot for around. $30k. I didn't buy it new but I saw an auto with glass roof pushing $42k. Subtract the auto and roof and mine should've been around $39k or so. Now I know why I hate going car shopping.

#17 ·
Don't mean to hijack your post or go off on a tangent, but I can't believe how unknowledgeable (if that's a word) some salesman are about their product. I realize as a consumer & enthusiast , most of us do our homework before stepping onto the lot. But nothing turns me off faster than a sales person that does not know what they are talking about. I know the typical mini van or family sedan buyer doesn't care or consider things like adjustable suspensions or axel ratios, BUT, when a salesman says I don't know if I can find that information for you, or I'll get "Joe" he's our Mustang guy, truck guy, Camaro (gag) guy, and "Joe" doesn't know jack. I'm insulted. "Joe" might as well be selling shoes. C'mon man... know your product and the competitors product, it's your job. Ok, I'm done .....Just an old guy ranting.

#19 ·
LOL!! I love this! +100

#18 ·
When I test drove the new 5.0 the sales guy kept saying "I think" and "let me look that up" I told him to pay attention and you might learn something lol spent 30 minutes telling the guy about the car HE was trying to sell.. I wonder if ford even trains theese guys?

#26 ·
My dad was at toyota getting service done on his car when I was looking at buying a smaller muscle/sports car. I had gotten my tundra from the same sales guy my mom and dad got their cars from. He told my dad that even he agreed that the Mustang was a far better car on the market than anything toyota, honda, chevy, dodge, etc. had to offer. He knew all about it apparently.

Thought that was kinda cool that he could be that honest.

#27 ·
I was at a dealership looking at a used '03 Terminator (which I admittedly just wanted to drive one, had no business even looking at one during college because I couldn't even afford a months payment on it,) and the sales guy had zero idea what the car even was. He peaks in and says it has a 5 speed, V8 GT motor and the Cobra package. Needless to say he got all flustered when I rambled on about what it actually was and would only agree go on a test drive with him in the car. It was cool starting it up and revving it to hear the roots blower though. Maybe it's just me, but if I was selling cars I would know every aspect of the car I was trying to sell, especially if it was a car like a Mustang GT/Cobra that you assume some meathead is going to come in and look at it.

#41 ·
Plain and simple don't expect all dealers or car salesmen to know all about any one model! Mine did not, it was very odd. However, my 13 has the hash or half marks on the gages, sorry no pic, but the new posted pic of the 14 is much clearer and simple. The 14's have been out for weeks with minor changes from the 13. One I wish I had is with the interior of the door panels.

#51 ·
PACK3NPANDA said:
Well not in Idaho anyways. Most in Idaho and Utah it's KBB. A lot of dealers run black book because they are higher numbers so they can sell their cars for more money. Black book numbers go sky high. And dealer programs of KBB, NADA it black book are different compared to the public.
Pleez dude, no way in hell your a dealer. You don't even know what black book is. Black book is what the same car has sold for at auctions in the last week and is updated weekly. The only thing Kbb and nada is used for is establishing a selling price. My father runs a car lot, so I know a little bit about it and it doesn't work the way you say.

#52 ·
Not saying anyone is wrong or right here, but I was a Finance Manager at a dealership. Used car manager actually had a little black book that had matrices. You could look up the model (each model had its own matrix. You'd then find year and mile range and you had 2 prices to work with for what you'd buy and what you'd sell. New book every quarter I believe, but the book exists.

Nowadays though, dealers can just look at last week's auction. More recent, and takes into account the local market.

#57 ·
My Acura, Lexus, jeep, Benz, BMW, and one Toyota dealer where I live use black book. The rest I've bought from use kbb. Black book is such a rip off I refuse to trade cars at dealers who use it. Black book said my tundra was worth 18k, kbb said 23k I said "nope, I'm keeping it!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.