Are you kidding me!!!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Are you kidding me!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-384596523.jpg
Views:	707
Size:	488.8 KB
ID:	94605

Price was $43430.00. When they came to me with offer they didn't budge off their price(expected) but they told me a 2011 GT/CS loan value was $20500! KBB shows retail to be $30000, needless to say I calmly asked for my keys and left. They actually tried to get me to agree to put $5000 down and still pay $850/month.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
That's pretty low, even with the mods on my car and 20k miles and a very minor accident ($250) in damages claimed on insurance I was offered $24k
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Dealers do not go by KBB. The go by black book. I'm not really surprised, your offer sounds maybe a little low, but you shouldn't have expected more than 22k honestly

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I wasn't expecting retail, but I also wasn't expecting to get raped. Trade in value shows to be around $25k. I know they would put it on the lot for around. $30k. I didn't buy it new but I saw an auto with glass roof pushing $42k. Subtract the auto and roof and mine should've been around $39k or so. Now I know why I hate going car shopping.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #5
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
I wasn't expecting retail, but I also wasn't expecting to get raped. Trade in value shows to be around $25k. I know they would put it on the lot for around. $30k. I didn't buy it new but I saw an auto with glass roof pushing $42k. Subtract the auto and roof and mine should've been around $39k or so. Now I know why I hate going car shopping.
Many dealers are selling our cars for mid to high 20's, like I said, kbb means nothing to a dealer. In fact all kbb values are really inflated, not sure how its even still around

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

Many dealers are selling our cars for mid to high 20's, like I said, kbb means nothing to a dealer. In fact all kbb values are really inflated, not sure how its even still around
I'm just venting man. I worked as a tech at dealers in Memphis before I moved to Arkansas. I know how they work. Just figured when I walked in and told the salesman that my current car is my 6th mustang and that I knew his car had been on the lot a long time they might deal a little. He didn't even know what the adjustable suspension on this Boss was. I had to show him! Should've left after that. Oh well, I'll keep modding the one I got.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #7
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I'm just venting man. I worked as a tech at dealers in Memphis before I moved to Arkansas. I know how they work. Just figured when I walked in and told the salesman that my current car is my 6th mustang and that I knew his car had been on the lot a long time they might deal a little. He didn't even know what the adjustable suspension on this Boss was. I had to show him! Should've left after that. Oh well, I'll keep modding the one I got.
I'm not scolding you lol, I'm just being realistic. It sucks man but at the end of the day they're a business trying to make money, and it also sucks that the people selling the cars know nothing about them. I've caught many sales people either unknowingly giving false information or just straight lying. It's pretty annoying

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

I'm not scolding you lol, I'm just being realistic. It sucks man but at the end of the day they're a business trying to make money, and it also sucks that the people selling the cars know nothing about them. I've caught many sales people either unknowingly giving false information or just straight lying. It's pretty annoying
I'm not really one to be scolded. I'm a big boy(and old I might add). Lol. But this is the first time I've been told my car is worth so little . Even though I haven't looked that much, I really haven't seen any 2011+ stangs selling for $20-22k. Not doubting you but also haven't looked much. I just want the Recaro's and Brembo's. I built one online and it was only around $35k.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:

Its a Boss, with two radically different production years before the boss stopped being made again. They know it will sell at that price. I've not seen a used Boss below 43K where I live. I've been looking because I'd consider trading mine in for one at the right price.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Its a Boss, with two radically different production years before the boss stopped being made again. They know it will sell at that price. I've not seen a used Boss below 43K where I live. I've been looking because I'd consider trading mine in for one at the right price.
I was just looking. Thought I might get a good deal. The car was there in December when I drove by the dealer. I might add that this is a town 25 miles from mine with a population of about 12-15k people. Mine has about 4k. Not exactly a prime mustang demographic. Lol
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I was just looking. Thought I might get a good deal. The car was there in December when I drove by the dealer. I might add that this is a town 25 miles from mine with a population of about 12-15k people. Mine has about 4k. Not exactly a prime mustang demographic. Lol
yeah, guess it depends on how it is communicated out. When I was talking about the Boss 302s for 43K I was also speaking about the 2012 models as I like the front end of the 2012 better.

That 2013 you posted looks sharp tho!

I just dunno if I would want to buy a Boss because I wouldn't want to mod it knowing that it might be worth some money in a buncha years stock.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

yeah, guess it depends on how it is communicated out. When I was talking about the Boss 302s for 43K I was also speaking about the 2012 models as I like the front end of the 2012 better.

That 2013 you posted looks sharp tho!

I just dunno if I would want to buy a Boss because I wouldn't want to mod it knowing that it might be worth some money in a buncha years stock.
It was effing sweet to drive! And as the wife put it, "your modding is put on hold"! Lol. Not much I'd want to do to it other than a shifter and bracket(and I already have a 2-post bracket on my tool box). As far as she knows.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Every area is different, but there not gonna pay much over black book. Kbb is a joke that means nothing. Trade ins go by what they can get for it at auction, plain an simple. You want the real value, look it up in black book.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
try autotrader.com

you list up your car and if your description matches the car when you take it in, you are guaranteed the amount of the check they emailed you.
MELLOWYELLOW06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
try autotrader.com

you list up your car and if your description matches the car when you take it in, you are guaranteed the amount of the check they emailed you.
I tried that on the last car I traded, only thing I got was calls from dealers that wouldn't tell me chit.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
They gave me 24k for my 11GT and they new is used to have a whipple on it. Car only have 15k miles but it was fully loaded. I was pretty surprised because I get the A plan too. Basically picked up our 13 F-150 for free.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Don't mean to hijack your post or go off on a tangent, but I can't believe how unknowledgeable (if that's a word) some salesman are about their product. I realize as a consumer & enthusiast , most of us do our homework before stepping onto the lot. But nothing turns me off faster than a sales person that does not know what they are talking about. I know the typical mini van or family sedan buyer doesn't care or consider things like adjustable suspensions or axel ratios, BUT, when a salesman says I don't know if I can find that information for you, or I'll get "Joe" he's our Mustang guy, truck guy, Camaro (gag) guy, and "Joe" doesn't know jack. I'm insulted. "Joe" might as well be selling shoes. C'mon man... know your product and the competitors product, it's your job. Ok, I'm done .....Just an old guy ranting.
graystone2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:27 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
When I test drove the new 5.0 the sales guy kept saying "I think" and "let me look that up" I told him to pay attention and you might learn something lol spent 30 minutes telling the guy about the car HE was trying to sell.. I wonder if ford even trains theese guys?

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #19
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by graystone2013 View Post
Don't mean to hijack your post or go off on a tangent, but I can't believe how unknowledgeable (if that's a word) some salesman are about their product. I realize as a consumer & enthusiast , most of us do our homework before stepping onto the lot. But nothing turns me off faster than a sales person that does not know what they are talking about. I know the typical mini van or family sedan buyer doesn't care or consider things like adjustable suspensions or axel ratios, BUT, when a salesman says I don't know if I can find that information for you, or I'll get "Joe" he's our Mustang guy, truck guy, Camaro (gag) guy, and "Joe" doesn't know jack. I'm insulted. "Joe" might as well be selling shoes. C'mon man... know your product and the competitors product, it's your job. Ok, I'm done .....Just an old guy ranting.
LOL!! I love this! +100
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Isn't like the car industry is the only place this happens. I was in retail electronics for a little while and it was the same way. Also would rather have left the salesman having said he didn't know instead of him making things up because what happens to that person who doesn't research and gets told all kinda of crazy things.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
+1111111 you hit that on the spot
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I live in Greenbrier and is this is Boss that is in Cabot? If so, it has been sitting for awhile!!
nitrous2v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous2v View Post

I live in Greenbrier and is this is Boss that is in Cabot? If so, it has been sitting for awhile!!
Monticello. I live in McGehee. Or as we like to call it LA(lower Arkansas). When the guy got me the keys I told him I wanted to check out the adjustable suspension as I have not seen one before on these cars. He looked at me with a stupid look on his face and said "I'm not sure what that is but I can try to find out". I was already under the hood pulling the black rubber cap off the strut telling him to come over and I'd show him. Hate the fact that they didn't want to wheel n deal, but I'm not broken up about it.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Lmfao I just have to say well put.... Every salesperson should no everything about the vehicles they are selling on there lots inside and out
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #25
ME Bloodhound
Staff

When I was looking at my Bullitt the salesman knew all about it. He knew how rare it is and even about how many were made. Funny thing is that I got it from a Toyota dealer.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
When I was looking at my Bullitt the salesman knew all about it. He knew how rare it is and even about how many were made. Funny thing is that I got it from a Toyota dealer.
My dad was at toyota getting service done on his car when I was looking at buying a smaller muscle/sports car. I had gotten my tundra from the same sales guy my mom and dad got their cars from. He told my dad that even he agreed that the Mustang was a far better car on the market than anything toyota, honda, chevy, dodge, etc. had to offer. He knew all about it apparently.

Thought that was kinda cool that he could be that honest.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I was at a dealership looking at a used '03 Terminator (which I admittedly just wanted to drive one, had no business even looking at one during college because I couldn't even afford a months payment on it,) and the sales guy had zero idea what the car even was. He peaks in and says it has a 5 speed, V8 GT motor and the Cobra package. Needless to say he got all flustered when I rambled on about what it actually was and would only agree go on a test drive with him in the car. It was cool starting it up and revving it to hear the roots blower though. Maybe it's just me, but if I was selling cars I would know every aspect of the car I was trying to sell, especially if it was a car like a Mustang GT/Cobra that you assume some meathead is going to come in and look at it.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #28
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
I was at a dealership looking at a used '03 Terminator (which I admittedly just wanted to drive one, had no business even looking at one during college because I couldn't even afford a months payment on it,) and the sales guy had zero idea what the car even was. He peaks in and says it has a 5 speed, V8 GT motor and the Cobra package. Needless to say he got all flustered when I rambled on about what it actually was and would only agree go on a test drive with him in the car. It was cool starting it up and revving it to hear the roots blower though. Maybe it's just me, but if I was selling cars I would know every aspect of the car I was trying to sell, especially if it was a car like a Mustang GT/Cobra that you assume some meathead is going to come in and look at it.
Shoulda haggles him for a super low price. Get it for a little more than a GT lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post
man I looked all over the area for one back when I got my 5.0 as I wanted to drive one and might have taken it home over the 5.0 if I had gotten to test drive one. A few months later an 03' termi showed up and a guy I worked with purchased it. 60K miles and he spent 25K for her. I was mad. He has kept it stock and I know my 5.0 will pull him barely, but that thing sounds wicked with the blower.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Wait.. Ford will have 14s out in a mont or two and 15s are just around the corner. I don't think ford will dissappoint
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Wait.. Ford will have 14s out in a mont or two and 15s are just around the corner. I don't think ford will dissappoint
14s are already out and have been out.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:19 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
Quote:

14s are already out and have been out.
My wife and I were at a Ford dealership last month and when talking with a salesman I had asked him when there first batch of 14's were gonna arrive at the dealership. The salesman looked at me and said, I'm not sure the 14's are even released yet. Wow. Where do they find these people. Maybe I'm off here but don't you think a salesman should no the product there selling and if its out or not. Especially on a highly desired car as a mustang . Wtf
2011 Kona Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
14s are out, saw this in the showroom like 2 weeks ago... See any difference in the guages??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3274602034.png
Views:	338
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	94878  
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

14s are out, saw this in the showroom like 2 weeks ago... See any difference in the guages??
That is some sick gauges!!! I'm waiting ill probably order a 15 the day they come out if I like the new design

2015 Mustang GT Premium. No mods yet.
Jgill1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgill1992 View Post
When I test drove the new 5.0 the sales guy kept saying "I think" and "let me look that up" I told him to pay attention and you might learn something lol spent 30 minutes telling the guy about the car HE was trying to sell.. I wonder if ford even trains theese guys?
I was disappointed at how close to nothing they knew about their vehicles when I went to pickup the new 5.0. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know that the difference between a GT and a V6
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT