2013 3 weeks so far at dealer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
2013 3 weeks so far at dealer

Well tomorrow will be 3 weeks my 2013 gt track pack car will be a the dealer new motor was started last night now they found that my tranny whine is actually my ring a pinion ... I love the car but what would u guys do? Get a lemon law lawyer or keep the car , motor had a tap in in after 1000mi they took the crank out and found bearing on cylinder two was all scratched up car had 6200mi wen it wen in

I feel like I paid 39k for a 2013 used car (breaking down at least) I'm happy I don't have to pay for it but disgusted that this is happening this fast

I don't know what to do...
Apod91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
You got a car built on a friday.(in a hurry to go home so the slapped it together) all kidding aside.That car is brand new isnt there a clause that states if your not happy with it you can trade it in? Hopefully they work out all the bugs for ya bro.that car will be under warranty for a while so i woudnt worry about it for a while and enjoy the car.
93GTVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
That really sucks man, but at least they are fixing it and can find out what is wrong with it. My cousin had a Mariner that would just randomly shut off when she'd go around bends, the lights wouldn't come on randomly, wouldn't start sometimes, and it never threw an error code and the dealer could never find anything wrong with it. At least it's not that bad!
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong (which happens often enough lol) but I'm pretty sure that in order for the lemon law to take effect the car has to have gone into the shop more than 6? Times for the same issue and have to spend at least 6? Months total at the dealership.

Point is although you may be dissatisfied it is not lemon. It sucks, don't get me wrong, but at least give the dealer a chance to make it right

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Someone will correct me if I'm wrong (which happens often enough lol) but I'm pretty sure that in order for the lemon law to take effect the car has to have gone into the shop more than 6? Times for the same issue and have to spend at least 6? Months total at the dealership.

Point is although you may be dissatisfied it is not lemon. It sucks, don't get me wrong, but at least give the dealer a chance to make it right
Also too it being checked that extensively might also mean the engine will be in better shape when you get it back than when it was assembled as they will spend more time going over your engine than the assembly line probably did.

correct me if I am wrong here lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
lemon......get a new car from them!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I agree, I think the new motor and trans will be be in fantastic shape because the dealer is not going to want to see your car come back again, so I bet that thing will be spot on with every spec imagineable with the new motor and trans.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
well the lemon laws are pretty wordy and even with all of the trans issues that the mt-82 i haven't seen anyone on the forums that has actually used the lemon law. They all vary by state but I found a link for the NY lemon law http://www.ag.ny.gov/sites/default/f...n_Law_2011.pdf THE main points of the law are..9. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IF THE MANUFACTURER DOES NOT MEET ITS DUTY TO REPAIR?
If the problem is not repaired after a reasonable number of attempts, or the manufacturer or the dealer refuses to commence repairs within 20 days from the manufacturer's receipt of the "refusal to repair" notice from you (see question #15), and if the problem substantially impairs the value of the car, the manufacturer may be required to refund the full purchase or lease price, or offer a comparable replacement car.
10. DOES THE LAW SPECIFY THE NUMBER OF REQUIRED REPAIR ATTEMPTS?
Yes. Except for motor homes, it is presumed that there has been a reasonable number of attempts to repair a problem if, during the first 18,000 miles of operation or two years from the original delivery date, whichever comes first, either (a) the manufacturer (or its authorized dealer) has had an opportunity to repair the same problem four or more times and the problem continued to exist at the end of the fourth repair attempt; or (b) the car was out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 30 or more calendar days for one or more problems.

hope it helps, good luck with the car. Don't give up!
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:11 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
You really have No choice The Boss is gone, And the Shelby is for lotto winning ticket holders only $$

You could get a SS Camaro with about the same options
and almost as fast, but it drives like a mack truck because of its almost 2 ton weight, or a Challenger Srt8, thats as fast but again
drives like a bus, because of its weight. and cost $10,000 more

Theres really nothing that can run with a GT Trackpak in that price range
Motor trend just clocked a 12.7 in such a car in their March issue
Bone stock ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~

Buy a couple of cases of some good brew and stick it out
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Depends on your state. Texas says if you go to the manufacturer two times within 12k miles and a year... Lemon. Look at the statute though, there are a Lot of specifics there. Doesn't just mean a taillight keeps going out, but u r describing a nightmare

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldog View Post
lemon......get a new car from them!
That color font made me nauseus
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post
You really have No choice The Boss is gone, And the Shelby is for lotto winning ticket holders only $$

You could get a SS Camaro with about the same options
and almost as fast, but it drives like a mack truck because of its almost 2 ton weight, or a Challenger Srt8, thats as fast but again
drives like a bus, because of its weight. and cost $10,000 more

Theres really nothing that can run with a GT Trackpak in that price range
Motor trend just clocked a 12.7 in such a car in their March issue
Bone stock ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~

Buy a couple of cases of some good brew and stick it out
you realize the mustang weighs almost 2 tons right? 3618 with a manual tranny and the camaro is 3849. Yes it weighs a tad more but not a lot. It isn't really bigger than the mustang and to be fair the camaro has gotten some decent reviews on handling over the mustang. Stock for Stock. A lot of that comes from how high stock the mustang is. A lowered mustang would destroy the camero no questions asked. Ford just loves making the mustang look like a 4X4 jeep. I believe the ZR1 beat the Shelby for handling to the point that the shelbys higher HP engine got destroyed in the later laps by the camero because of the handling.

now the challenger does drive like a boat but not because of the 4100 lb curb weight. It drives like a bus because the car is huge.

I prefer the mustang but...at least post correct info lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Well sorry brother for you car problems. Not sure but here is a site with info about your Lemon Law in the State of New York. Besides, be glad this happened now, instead when the warranty has expired.

New York Lemon Laws -- There IS Lemon Law Protection for New Yorkers
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT