A.W.D. - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
You can spend $50,000 on a new mustang today. They should make a all carbon fiber awd mustang! It would be like the Bugatti, just cheaper.
A $50,000 AWD mustang would be NA and not carbon fiber and not post 1/4 times in the high 9's. It's all cool stuff, just won't happen. There's no room for FWD with a 5.0 anyway. It would have to become a mid-engine car. Why did they quit making the Ford GT anyway?

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93slowstang View Post
Maybe you need to watch ken block...he pretty much does all of that. Also they drift the older GTRs which are awd as well.
You can drift any rear biased AWD car such as an STi or GTR etc.

As mentioned though, understeer is not a wanted side effect in real racing, which is why many cars are converted to RWD from AWD for REAL racing. Understeer is only 'welcome' in day to day driving and low speeds because it is more predictable.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post
A $50,000 AWD mustang would be NA and not carbon fiber and not post 1/4 times in the high 9's. It's all cool stuff, just won't happen. There's no room for FWD with a 5.0 anyway. It would have to become a mid-engine car. Why did they quit making the Ford GT anyway?
An all Carbon fiber Mustang would easily exceed 2 or 300k.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Yes it would be $200,000 to $300,000 but at least it would be a super car for ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes it would be $200,000 to $300,000 but at least it would be a super car for ford.
How'd that turn out last time?

So you would rather see Ford put out a car you couldn't afford as long as it validates your point?

The value of AWD is to be determined by the user but facts are facts. HP for HP it will be slower and more expensive.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 03-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I personally believe ford needs a car to compete with Chevys Corvette and Dodges Viper. I mean sure the Shelby GT 500 is a brilliant car but it has nowhere near the handling capabilities to compete with the Corvette or Viper. Sure a 200k-300k car is a little too much, but I believe a total separate car model to compete with the Corvette and Viper would be a good idea.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess View Post
I personally believe ford needs a car to compete with Chevys Corvette and Dodges Viper. I mean sure the Shelby GT 500 is a brilliant car but it has nowhere near the handling capabilities to compete with the Corvette or Viper. Sure a 200k-300k car is a little too much, but I believe a total separate car model to compete with the Corvette and Viper would be a good idea.
They need to bring back the ford gt
Old 03-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkwardjosh View Post

But not a 130k. If they took a similar concept and modernized it and made it price wise similar to the Corvette I believe that would be a very useful idea. I think we need a halo car. Our halo car right now as it stands is the Shelby GT500 which is basically the same model as the 20000 base model. I just believe ford needs a Halo car to compete with the likes of Corvettes and Vipers
Old 03-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awkwardjosh View Post
Exactly and have a base price in the $80's or $90's. They just look badass. And call it what it is ... GT40.

289 - Holley 4150 570cfm; Performer intake; mild cam; MSD HEI; 302 heads; Roller Tips; Hedman Tri-Y headers; H-pipe w/Flowmaster 40's; 9 in posi 3.50; 205/50-17F; 225/50-17R.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok View Post

Exactly and have a base price in the $80's or $90's. They just look badass. And call it what it is ... GT40.
Exactly. I like the old design but to me i think it was too retro. If they modernized the design and lowered the price to let's say the Viper or ZR1 Corvette then were talking. Ford needs a car that can stand out from the rest. Not a top tier mustang with basically the same design as the $20,000 base one.
Old 03-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #80
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Region: Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCofSV View Post
What would that do to the world of drifting?

Attachment 96998
It's gonna wreck it!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

Limited production. I prefer it that way, too. I think to make it MASS produced like a vette drops value too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii

You can drift any rear biased AWD car such as an STi or GTR etc.

As mentioned though, understeer is not a wanted side effect in real racing, which is why many cars are converted to RWD from AWD for REAL racing. Understeer is only 'welcome' in day to day driving and low speeds because it is more predictable.

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

An all Carbon fiber Mustang would easily exceed 2 or 300k.
I could not imagine a US GTR drifting, with all the computers and safety things. Not saying impossible, or most of it can not be turned off, but from the complaints on the GTR it seems like a bit junky. Just an easy go fast fail safe go cart.
An all carbon fiber Mustang is made, and is 150k with a supercharged 5.0...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott
But its still just a Mustang at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coltonhess
I think your point is valid, but Fords real super car- the GT - is so much more special being less than 2000, I think, than vettes or vipers that are much more common.

Quote:

But not a 130k. If they took a similar concept and modernized it and made it price wise similar to the Corvette I believe that would be a very useful idea. I think we need a halo car. Our halo car right now as it stands is the Shelby GT500 which is basically the same model as the 20000 base model. I just believe ford needs a Halo car to compete with the likes of Corvettes and Vipers
130k is not bad for a real super car. Vette/viper, basic FR with lots of power is not worth 130, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiesrok

Are you talking about the GT40 or the GT44? Which was priced at 150k.

Quote:

Exactly. I like the old design but to me i think it was too retro. If they modernized the design and lowered the price to let's say the Viper or ZR1 Corvette then were talking. Ford needs a car that can stand out from the rest. Not a top tier mustang with basically the same design as the $20,000 base one.
Price may be lower on the next GT, but it will be a hybrid with four wheel power. Think NSX.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 03-19-2013, 11:16 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post

How'd that turn out last time?

So you would rather see Ford put out a car you couldn't afford as long as it validates your point?

The value of AWD is to be determined by the user but facts are facts. HP for HP it will be slower and more expensive.
Now your being a dick. I'm not trying to validate anything, and who the **** are you to bring what I can afford into this? I can't afford a Lamborghini or Ferrari, but it doesn't mean I don't like them or think that they should be made. It's d-bags like you that ruin innocent little conversations about things that will never happen by making it an argument. All this thread is about is what if they made an awd mustang, not which one would be better.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

They should bring back the thunderbird and have it compete with the viper and corvette.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:13 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott

Now your being a dick. I'm not trying to validate anything, and who the **** are you to bring what I can afford into this? I can't afford a Lamborghini or Ferrari, but it doesn't mean I don't like them or think that they should be made. It's d-bags like you that ruin innocent little conversations about things that will never happen by making it an argument. All this thread is about is what if they made an awd mustang, not which one would be better.

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

They should bring back the thunderbird and have it compete with the viper and corvette.
I can't afford a F FF right now, but one day I will have one.

My sponsor, Tokkyo Nutrition, offers 50% off your entire order with the code "PowerHouse"
Old 03-20-2013, 08:02 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Wow. I didn't ruin anything. I provided facts that no one liked. I rebutted the comment that an AWD Mustang would be faster. Who am I? I am a person having a debate on a forum. I didn't attack anything to do with your income. How could I even know? I said a 200-300k car defeats the point of the argument because it is something we could probably never afford. Nothing wrong with that statement. All I said that was even remotely directed in a 'personal way' was that saying you were trying to validate the car by going way off what we started talking about at first. Which is true.

Example AWD Mustang would raise the price of the GT and it would be slower unless the power was raised to compensate which would still be slower than a similarly power RWD or FWD car. One is to assume we are talking about cars we can all relatively afford. So by then saying an All Carbon fiber Mustang would address the weight issue is like saying the 5.0 would be as good as a Ferrari if it had 700 HP.

To debate a point, you can't veer off the map so radically to, yes, validate a point. Don't take things so personal. Offering an AWD Mustang as an option in itself is also a crazy suggestion business wise. Ford barely breaks even on GT sales. Imagine adding two GT models that have to be designed and built separately, splitting the audience? It would be a ridiculous business decision.

And the "all carbon fiber" Mustang is not all CF. Only the body panels. Nothing structural. There isn't an all CF car out there. Also, Ford didn't make it.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
I am curious if Ford has considered this.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
ANNNNNNNNNND this thread has gotten way to hostile. If anyone would like to debate any points I made I'd be happy to have a phone conversation! Im always down to learn more. Good day Sirs
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT