Barton shifter bracket with stock shifter 2011 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Barton shifter bracket with stock shifter 2011

Does it improve 2-3 gear change and is it worth it?
2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Yes and Yes.

Made the stock shifter about 3 times better for the 3 weeks before I installed the Barton Shifter.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
It's fixable, lots of solutions, just use the search function and do a bit of reading to see what we've all found to work. It's not a simple solution that's fixed by doing just one thing, I found a combination of things to work best for me.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
Mok
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Personally i really didn't notice much of an improvement. Would have sent it beck but was too lazy to take it off again.
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I understand what you mean, I installed a whole brand new shifter, mechanism, bracket, etc... and still wasn't satisfied until I did all of this.
Finally solved shifting issues
Took it for a road trip yesterday of over 200 miles, had no issues and was a blast to drive.
2011 Grabber Blue GT California Special, 3.73 Gears, 6-Speed Manual, Steeda CAI, Steeda 93 tune, aluminum driveshaft (The Driveshaft Shop Co.), MGW shifter, Roush axle-back exhaust, Roush Side Rocker Panel Splitters, Ford Racing BOSS 302 front splitter, sound-tube delete, painted plug covers, JLT oil separator. Shelby transmission scoop & powder-coated trunk brace & many more items...
IanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The only thing that has been proven to fix the MT82 shift quality 100% of the time is a T-56 Magnum XL swap. Other than that, people report that various fixes help them but there is no consistency.

For some it's just a bracket or fluid, some need both, some report they tried both and nothing helped until they replaced the shifter. Others have reported that an upgraded clutch line and fluid flush helped. Some have also reported that stiffer motor and transmission mounts help resolve the issue (I noticed an improvement when I installed my BMR K-member with stiffer motor mounts).

Yes, a T-56 swap is a big deal and costs a significant amount of money, but if you add up all the fixes above (include your time or labor costs) it's not much worse than trying to fix something that's patently broken. You can put band-aids on all day long, but when it's all said and done you will still have the remote shift linkage to deal with, and that will never be as good in a car like this as a transmission with a direct shift setup.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT