Mustang Evolution Forum banner

So many problems...

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  nosympathy 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2011 mustang back in 2010 and have had more problems with this vehicle than all of my used cars combined!! Luckily my warranty is still in effect because I'm sure I would not be able to afford to repair all of the things that have gone wrong. I've had issues with the airbag sensor, leaks in the air conditioner evaporator and hoses, etc. Now I just noticed that the plastic frame along the top of the drivers side window is coming apart!!! I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems with this year mustang :banghead:

#2 ·
Man I bought mine in 2010 right off the shrowroom floor so I know everybody and their brother sat in my car and did god knows what and outside of problems that I've caused I've never had one thing wrong with mine. There is always a few bad ones of every car, thu all can't be perfect. Sorry for your troubles man.

#4 ·
2011 was the first model year for the new Coyote and Cyclone engines, as well as the MT-82 manual transmission and 6R80 Automatic transmissions. Especially in the "job 1" (early build) cars there were some kinks that were still being worked out.

That said, your problems all sound very minor and easily fixed. There are people who have had much more serious issues, some of which were not covered under warranty for various reasons. Try not to get so frustrated about small stuff, some of us have had to deal with ongoing engine and/or transmission problems, and keeping your cool is definitely the best thing you can do when dealing with the service department.

Good luck getting her all fixed up!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Try for lemon law.
Over a molding? That seems extreme ...

#11 · (Edited)
2011 was the first model year for the new Coyote and Cyclone engines, as well as the MT-82 manual transmission and 6R80 Automatic transmissions. Especially in the "job 1" (early build) cars there were some kinks that were still being worked out.

That said, your problems all sound very minor and easily fixed. There are people who have had much more serious issues, some of which were not covered under warranty for various reasons. Try not to get so frustrated about small stuff, some of us have had to deal with ongoing engine and/or transmission problems, and keeping your cool is definitely the best thing you can do when dealing with the service department.

Good luck getting her all fixed up!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Over a molding? That seems extreme ...
I wouldn't say extreme. A new car should have ZERO issues. Period. Your advice is spot on though, except for what he should expect from a new car. I guess it is up to him to decide what is worth dealing with. Now, most of us generally accept an issue here and there but he has had some potentially expensive issues. NEW car ownership shouldn't be a frustrating experience.

That being said, it is a Ford. It will have quality issues. I love my car but little non sense always pops up.

My opinion obviously.

#5 ·
Luckily I haven't had any issues (yet) with transmission or engine but I am afraid that when my warranty runs out and with my luck, that's when those problems will surface. I have already had to have the evaporator, several hoses and airbag/sensor replaced and was just wondering if anyone else was having issues as well.

#7 ·
I guess you have to take it for what it is. Mustangs are $35k cars that have the performance of cars that cost twice as much, that cost savings comes from somewhere. If you need a super reliable commuter, you might want to get a Kia or a Hyundai. If you want cheap power, Mustangs are where it' s at.

FWIW ... I've never had a car that required zero maintenance. Something will always break and need fixed, that's just owning a car. Anything with moving parts will fail at some point, it's unavoidable.

#8 ·
sucks you are having these issues, may wish to trade it in on a new one before warranty is up :( sometimes you get a bad one, but not all are bad of course. So far so good with my 2012 V6, only issue I have is the radio has a film thats pealing off~ simple cosmetic fix by the dealership. When I wash it the advance trac has an issue but once it dries off its good.

#9 ·
Bought my 2011 in Dec 2010. Not one problem knock on wood! Come to find out after searching 2011 mustang on YouTube there is a video using my car on the lot I bought it from in clt

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

JG5.0 said:
Bought my 2011 in Dec 2010. Not one problem knock on wood! Come to find out after searching 2011 mustang on YouTube there is a video using my car on the lot I bought it from in clt
Sent on accident.. They used it for a start up and to show all the features and stuff it has. Funny reading the comments from people on the video of my car! Hope all gets better for ya though!

#10 ·
Sorry for your troubles. Nothing's worse than a dream car that becomes a nightmare psychologically, which these little issues tend to do to owners.

I had to get around the fact my car imploded its transmission, without provocation, within a couple thousand miles. That's what I needed a new car for though, a warranty. That pretty much paid for itself on that job. It took a month to convince Ford to fix it but, they did and I have to just deal with my psychological side of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.