So many problems... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #1

Region: Florida
So many problems...

I purchased a 2011 mustang back in 2010 and have had more problems with this vehicle than all of my used cars combined!! Luckily my warranty is still in effect because I'm sure I would not be able to afford to repair all of the things that have gone wrong. I've had issues with the airbag sensor, leaks in the air conditioner evaporator and hoses, etc. Now I just noticed that the plastic frame along the top of the drivers side window is coming apart!!! I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems with this year mustang
flastanggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Man I bought mine in 2010 right off the shrowroom floor so I know everybody and their brother sat in my car and did god knows what and outside of problems that I've caused I've never had one thing wrong with mine. There is always a few bad ones of every car, thu all can't be perfect. Sorry for your troubles man.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Try for lemon law.
DerekJohnScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by flastanggirl View Post
I purchased a 2011 mustang back in 2010 and have had more problems with this vehicle than all of my used cars combined!! Luckily my warranty is still in effect because I'm sure I would not be able to afford to repair all of the things that have gone wrong. I've had issues with the airbag sensor, leaks in the air conditioner evaporator and hoses, etc. Now I just noticed that the plastic frame along the top of the drivers side window is coming apart!!! I was just wondering if anyone else was having problems with this year mustang
2011 was the first model year for the new Coyote and Cyclone engines, as well as the MT-82 manual transmission and 6R80 Automatic transmissions. Especially in the "job 1" (early build) cars there were some kinks that were still being worked out.

That said, your problems all sound very minor and easily fixed. There are people who have had much more serious issues, some of which were not covered under warranty for various reasons. Try not to get so frustrated about small stuff, some of us have had to deal with ongoing engine and/or transmission problems, and keeping your cool is definitely the best thing you can do when dealing with the service department.

Good luck getting her all fixed up!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJohnScott View Post
Try for lemon law.
Over a molding? That seems extreme ...
Old 03-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #5

Luckily I haven't had any issues (yet) with transmission or engine but I am afraid that when my warranty runs out and with my luck, that's when those problems will surface. I have already had to have the evaporator, several hoses and airbag/sensor replaced and was just wondering if anyone else was having issues as well.
flastanggirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
I've had a small handful of issues (leaking shock, rear defroster going out twice, blend door motor failure and a couple other things) but nothing major. Unfortunately it just happens sometimes. I'd say all in all you still have a great car

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by flastanggirl View Post
Luckily I haven't had any issues (yet) with transmission or engine but I am afraid that when my warranty runs out and with my luck, that's when those problems will surface. I have already had to have the evaporator, several hoses and airbag/sensor replaced and was just wondering if anyone else was having issues as well.
I guess you have to take it for what it is. Mustangs are $35k cars that have the performance of cars that cost twice as much, that cost savings comes from somewhere. If you need a super reliable commuter, you might want to get a Kia or a Hyundai. If you want cheap power, Mustangs are where it' s at.

FWIW ... I've never had a car that required zero maintenance. Something will always break and need fixed, that's just owning a car. Anything with moving parts will fail at some point, it's unavoidable.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
sucks you are having these issues, may wish to trade it in on a new one before warranty is up sometimes you get a bad one, but not all are bad of course. So far so good with my 2012 V6, only issue I have is the radio has a film thats pealing off~ simple cosmetic fix by the dealership. When I wash it the advance trac has an issue but once it dries off its good.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Bought my 2011 in Dec 2010. Not one problem knock on wood! Come to find out after searching 2011 mustang on YouTube there is a video using my car on the lot I bought it from in clt

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5.0
Bought my 2011 in Dec 2010. Not one problem knock on wood! Come to find out after searching 2011 mustang on YouTube there is a video using my car on the lot I bought it from in clt
Sent on accident.. They used it for a start up and to show all the features and stuff it has. Funny reading the comments from people on the video of my car! Hope all gets better for ya though!
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sorry for your troubles. Nothing's worse than a dream car that becomes a nightmare psychologically, which these little issues tend to do to owners.

I had to get around the fact my car imploded its transmission, without provocation, within a couple thousand miles. That's what I needed a new car for though, a warranty. That pretty much paid for itself on that job. It took a month to convince Ford to fix it but, they did and I have to just deal with my psychological side of it.
5LHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Borii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
2011 was the first model year for the new Coyote and Cyclone engines, as well as the MT-82 manual transmission and 6R80 Automatic transmissions. Especially in the "job 1" (early build) cars there were some kinks that were still being worked out.

That said, your problems all sound very minor and easily fixed. There are people who have had much more serious issues, some of which were not covered under warranty for various reasons. Try not to get so frustrated about small stuff, some of us have had to deal with ongoing engine and/or transmission problems, and keeping your cool is definitely the best thing you can do when dealing with the service department.

Good luck getting her all fixed up!

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Over a molding? That seems extreme ...
I wouldn't say extreme. A new car should have ZERO issues. Period. Your advice is spot on though, except for what he should expect from a new car. I guess it is up to him to decide what is worth dealing with. Now, most of us generally accept an issue here and there but he has had some potentially expensive issues. NEW car ownership shouldn't be a frustrating experience.

That being said, it is a Ford. It will have quality issues. I love my car but little non sense always pops up.

My opinion obviously.

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Borii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
My tire sensor went off and i have air in my tires...
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
My tire sensor went off and i have air in my tires...
hehehe

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 03-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
I wouldn't say extreme. A new car should have ZERO issues. Period. Your advice is spot on though, except for what he should expect from a new car. I guess it is up to him to decide what is worth dealing with. Now, most of us generally accept an issue here and there but he has had some potentially expensive issues. NEW car ownership shouldn't be a frustrating experience.

That being said, it is a Ford. It will have quality issues. I love my car but little non sense always pops up.

My opinion obviously.
Eh, let me list the problems I've had with my 2011:
  • Serious vibration over 55MPH
  • Interior rattles over bumps and at speed
  • Passenger side sun visor does not stay clipped into place
  • Consistent notchy feel when shifting
  • Griding when shifting from 1-2 and 4-5, especially when cold

So yeah, I think going to court over a molding is a bit extreme ... sometimes you need to put your big boy pants on and realize that you bought a budget sports car, not a luxury car with perfect fit&finish.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:31 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon85 View Post
Eh, let me list the problems I've had with my 2011:
  • Serious vibration over 55MPH
  • Interior rattles over bumps and at speed
  • Passenger side sun visor does not stay clipped into place
  • Consistent notchy feel when shifting
  • Griding when shifting from 1-2 and 4-5, especially when cold

So yeah, I think going to court over a molding is a bit extreme ... sometimes you need to put your big boy pants on and realize that you bought a budget sports car, not a luxury car with perfect fit&finish.
Ford should have addressed all of it. That being said, it is not about big boy pants, simply put. Something new should have zero issues or be replaced unless you can live with it. The owner determines what they wish to live with. QUestion though, is that after you modded it? because I can not complain about my rattles when I have bigger wheels, thinner tires, lowered and swayed for example, know what I mean?

Sold - 1998 Camaro SS
Sold - 2001 Audi S4
Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borii View Post
Ford should have addressed all of it. That being said, it is not about big boy pants, simply put. Something new should have zero issues or be replaced unless you can live with it. The owner determines what they wish to live with. QUestion though, is that after you modded it? because I can not complain about my rattles when I have bigger wheels, thinner tires, lowered and swayed for example, know what I mean?
world doesn't work that way anymore lol. I agree with the other guy, it is a budget muscle car. A guy at work has a 2012 M3 and I was behind him today and to see him go over bumps and how absolutely smooth and how much his car glided and he literally sits on the tires stock, yet mine bounces all over the place on these bumps. Most cars do.

almost completely upgraded suspension and I still am not anywhere near the level of that car. I also couldn't afford a 60k+ car either. The interior makes my car feel like a Geo Metro.

Not the same even a little bit. I love my car but I know it isn't perfect. I am just thankful my problems are all minor and stupid and easily fixed if I really cared.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT