Warranty and axleback exhaust - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Mustang View Post
I'm just saying if I were to but a $40k loaded out 5.0 right now and wanted a tuner then nothing would be put in it except a Ford Racing which has OEM reliability, durability, and drivability!

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

And you sir are literally the first mustang owner in history to not enjoy the sound of his motor and exhaust and want it louder....
I agree 08mustang was just saying that theres other tuners that are more aggressive but still safe out there, whats "best" to you may not be "best" to someone else depending on what they are looking for.

And I am with you on the sound of the motor. You got a 5.0 under you hood DYING to be heard. Why not wake that puppy up and make it sound as mean as it truly is. No v8 sound never hurt nobody, just dont drive like a jackass around cops and youll be fine.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
uhm, mine are illegally loud and break sound levels that cause hearing loss and I have never had a cop pull me over for the sound. Not once. I drive her normal around cops. No babying it, no staying low RPMs.

Just because where you live is that way doesn't mean it is for everyone.

Also the louder sound just gives you smiles everytime you drive. Girls look at the car in amazement. Little kids jump for joy. Camaro drivers get mad there cars sound like crap. Challengers the few I even see anymore hate my car sounds deeper and meaner than their 6.2L engine.

Corvettes get mad my car sounds better. Cops gives me thumbs up. Need I go on?

I should also note I leave for work at 7A.M. everyday and used to leave at 6A.M. and never once had the neighbors complain and call the police.

People love a good deep muscle car. THey hate ricers with farting tin cans.

lol, Sounds like I need to move out of Miami
We have over 1000 cop cars roaming around at any one time
Its a rat trap out here.

But if its sound I need
I pull out my 1976 kawasaki 750 Two stroke tripple
with Denco Stinger Pipes

If yall, are too young to know the bike, It could be heard for miles
and makes the most ear crackling chain saw music you ever heard
U tube it and youll see what i mean

NO V8 Axleback can touch it.
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #38
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

I'm just saying if I were to but a $40k loaded out 5.0 right now and wanted a tuner then nothing would be put in it except a Ford Racing which has OEM reliability, durability, and drivability!
And OEM pinging

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post

And OEM pinging
Pinging?
08Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:36 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackPak View Post

lol, Sounds like I need to move out of Miami
We have over 1000 cop cars roaming around at any one time
Its a rat trap out here.

But if its sound I need
I pull out my 1976 kawasaki 750 Two stroke tripple
with Denco Stinger Pipes

If yall, are too young to know the bike, It could be heard for miles
and makes the most ear crackling chain saw music you ever heard
U tube it and youll see what i mean

NO V8 Axleback can touch it.
Hmm??? DOHC 5.0L V8 sound vs a 500cc 2 stroke chainsaw motor....which would I rather hear?? Gosh this is tough, oh wait NO IT'S NOT! lol
Old 03-13-2013, 07:00 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder69 View Post
New member here. Just purchased 2014 GT and I am looking to take the axleback plunge. I am attending a new car clinic at my dealership tonight and plan to inquire as to any warranty implications related to axleback mod. Appreciate any advice or insight for my back pocket is appreciated.

Also, I am leaning towards Borla S or Corsa Sport based on sound clips from all the mainstream contenders. Appreciate insight into any issues with those two.
Hey, I have the Corsa Extremes on my 13 mustang. I wouldn't run with the rest of the pack on this one, most of them sound like a bunch of annoying high school kids who just cut off their mufflers. The Corsa sounds mean, but keeps everything classy, loud is not always better. Especially when you are wearing ear plugs driving your car. If I were you, spend the money and do it right with Corsa. I'm also thinking about getting another truck, 2014? F150 Platinum, I'll be putting a Corsa system on that as well
Maverick2004054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:00 AM   #42
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

Pinging?
Yea the FRPP tuner leans out the fuel and causes detonation, or at the very least a pinging noise that sounds just like it

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yea the FRPP tuner leans out the fuel and causes detonation, or at the very least a pinging noise that sounds just like it
What do you think a SCT will do?? Maybe turn off every safety sensor in the motor??

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2004054 View Post

Hey, I have the Corsa Extremes on my 13 mustang. I wouldn't run with the rest of the pack on this one, most of them sound like a bunch of annoying high school kids who just cut off their mufflers. The Corsa sounds mean, but keeps everything classy, loud is not always better. Especially when you are wearing ear plugs driving your car. If I were you, spend the money and do it right with Corsa. I'm also thinking about getting another truck, 2014? F150 Platinum, I'll be putting a Corsa system on that as well
So you're saying that since we're recommending Borla/Ford Racing that we're all immature and cut off our exhaust? How'd you come to that conclusion??
Old 03-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Not what I'm saying at all, just that it's over done, everyone has it and who wants to join the "me too club"? The Corsa has a nice deep growl at idle and on the throttle, but mellows out once you get up to speed. Plus for everyone who was wondering about getting rid of drone with Long Tubes and offload x pipes, the Corsa doesn't drone! I helped my brother in law install his long tubes and x pipe over the weekend and we cruised all over Jacksonville no drone whatsoever!
Old 03-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #45
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

What do you think a SCT will do?? Maybe turn off every safety sensor in the motor??
Seriously? Do some research before you come on here blowing smoke man. That's an immature and irrational response to an otherwise serious topic.

What makes you think they turn off any sensors at all? How many people are running SCT tuners on here vs FRPP pro cal? I'd bet it's probably a 10:1 ration SCT:FRPP

There is far more adjustability with the SCT than the FRPP, and the only people turning off or even desensitizing the sensors are the individual tuners, not SCT. They have nothing to do with writing tunes outside of the canned tunes that some of the tuners come with

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Not what I'm saying at all, just that it's over done, everyone has it and who wants to join the "me too club"? The Corsa has a nice deep growl at idle and on the throttle, but mellows out once you get up to speed. Plus for everyone who was wondering about getting rid of drone with Long Tubes and offload x pipes, the Corsa doesn't drone! I helped my brother in law install his long tubes and x pipe over the weekend and we cruised all over Jacksonville no drone whatsoever!
....ignorant post IMHO

The borla are the same way. No ear plugs. They are quiet as all get out while cruising and scream under WOT. They are very deep with no rasp and rumble like a muscle car should.

Borla may be more popular than Corsa but far fewer people have borla than roush or flowmaster etc.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

So you're saying that since we're recommending Borla/Ford Racing that we're all immature and cut off our exhaust? How'd you come to that conclusion??
I have to agree with 08Mustang here. I have Roush exhaust on mine and I love it.

I was backing into a parking space yesterday and I pissed off some old fart in his C5. He stops right in front of my car and redlines it. It sounded awful. He had his window halfway down so I said 'Go home old man'. And he did lol.
Mod List: H&R Super Sport Springs, Eibach Camber Bolts, Steeda Panhard Bar, BBK Cold Air Intake, Stack Racing Chrome Strut Tower Bar, Boss 302 Coil Pack Covers, Barton Shifter, Barton 2 Post Bracket, 4.10 Gear, 2013 Track Pack Wheels, QA1 Single Adjustable Rear Shocks, Roush Axle-back exhaust, CDC Chin Spoiler, Saleen Grille,
Defiant 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

....ignorant post IMHO

The borla are the same way. No ear plugs. They are quiet as all get out while cruising and scream under WOT. They are very deep with no rasp and rumble like a muscle car should.

Borla may be more popular than Corsa but far fewer people have borla than roush or flowmaster etc.
Funny, because I swapped out the Magnaflow exhaust that came with my Saleen F150 to Borla, made things even worse, so I switched it to a custom Corsa setup and the truck is perfect. At the end of the day everyone has their own personal opinion on how things should sound, I personally didn't like the Borla for the mustang. I went with Corsa for both the mustang and my truck because that's how I feel a muscle car/ truck should sound. That and I feel I am one of the very few on here that actually has the Corsa system, getting any of the "More Popular" systems is joining the "me too" club. Especially once you start going to shows. See how many people have Borla, Roush, FRPP, MagnaFlow, or Flowmaster..... Everyone! I can say when I roll up to a show, other mustang owners looks because they haven't heard the distinct sound of Corsa before in real life, they only have seen it on YouTube! Not saying you all are wrong, just not like me to follow the pack.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #49
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Seriously? Do some research before you come on here blowing smoke man. That's an immature and irrational response to an otherwise serious topic.

What makes you think they turn off any sensors at all? How many people are running SCT tuners on here vs FRPP pro cal? I'd bet it's probably a 10:1 ration SCT:FRPP

There is far more adjustability with the SCT than the FRPP, and the only people turning off or even desensitizing the sensors are the individual tuners, not SCT. They have nothing to do with writing tunes outside of the canned tunes that some of the tuners come with
Ok yeah cause I totally blew up on you?? And yeah do some research on SCT then talk to me buddy I'm pretty tired of arguing with ignorant people on here. People at Ford Racing work side by side with the guys who built the mustang so yeah they're gona be better, maybe not power wise
Old 03-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Funny, because I swapped out the Magnaflow exhaust that came with my Saleen F150 to Borla, made things even worse, so I switched it to a custom Corsa setup and the truck is perfect. At the end of the day everyone has their own personal opinion on how things should sound, I personally didn't like the Borla for the mustang. I went with Corsa for both the mustang and my truck because that's how I feel a muscle car/ truck should sound. That and I feel I am one of the very few on here that actually has the Corsa system, getting any of the "More Popular" systems is joining the "me too" club. Especially once you start going to shows. See how many people have Borla, Roush, FRPP, MagnaFlow, or Flowmaster..... Everyone! I can say when I roll up to a show, other mustang owners looks because they haven't heard the distinct sound of Corsa before in real life, they only have seen it on YouTube! Not saying you all are wrong, just not like me to follow the pack.
wasn't trying to be a jerk, I was more annoyed at the ear plug comment and just going loud to be loud comment than anything as I had that with the roush and O/R X and hated it and went with the Borla instead.

While I do agree with you on many of the systems you went with above being overly popular in my city and surrounding cities I have yet to once come across another mustang with Borlas on them. Been too a few car shows and no one has had Borlas. So far as I am concerned they are not popular.

Actually even when I got mine I almost never saw Borla mentioned on here. I really never payed attention to the brand because of the price until I saw Mqueens video with the borla. I then started looking at them more and ended up buying them. Far as I could tell I was also one of the first on this forum to have the Borla S-Types running with an O/R X. I searched and searched and couldn't even find videos on youtube of it. Now there are a few. If anything, I am that pack leader

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Ok yeah cause I totally blew up on you?? And yeah do some research on SCT then talk to me buddy I'm pretty tired of arguing with ignorant people on here. People at Ford Racing work side by side with the guys who built the mustang so yeah they're gona be better, maybe not power wise
sorry I also disagree with you here. Procal tunes are garbage and not even worth having. Specially if you ever want to run anything other than complete stock. No one here is ignorant, he is being honest and grabberblue5.0 knows his stuff. I think he was nice saying 10:1, I would say it is 50:1 of people who run SCT to Procal.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #51
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I don't think you're mad lol. I think you're crazy though haha! There have been numerous reports of people that have the FRPP pro cal that have detonation issues. And you're assuming that just because FRPP and ford are both owned by ford corporate that they actually work side by side. I assure you they do not work together that much. If they did there would not be detonation issues. And SCT starts with a base ford tune, all they do is change some of the parameters in the PCM programming.

But I must be the ignorant one haha. Trust me I've done plenty of research, not just online on forums either.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't think you're mad lol. I think you're crazy though haha! There have been numerous reports of people that have the FRPP pro cal that have detonation issues. And you're assuming that just because FRPP and ford are both owned by ford corporate that they actually work side by side. I assure you they do not work together that much. If they did there would not be detonation issues. And SCT starts with a base ford tune, all they do is change some of the parameters in the PCM programming.

But I must be the ignorant one haha. Trust me I've done plenty of research, not just online on forums either.
Alright I'm just saying I'd rather have a FRPP tune on a 5.0 but with my car I'm planning on an SCT tune. Doesn't make sense I know but I just think and have read that the Pro Cal is safest. Agree to disagree here??
Old 03-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Alright I'm just saying I'd rather have a FRPP tune on a 5.0 but with my car I'm planning on an SCT tune. Doesn't make sense I know but I just think and have read that the Pro Cal is safest. Agree to disagree here??

Name:   image-908331883.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  16.0 KB

What did I just read here? You'd rather have the FRPP but you opted not to get it, you're choosing the "less safe" one instead?
MGW SHORT SHIFTER
CDC CHIN SPOILER W/ BLACK BILLET GRILLS
BLACK JLT OIL SEPARATOR
ThinBlueLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:15 PM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinBlueLine View Post

What did I just read here? You'd rather have the FRPP but you opted not to get it, you're choosing the "less safe" one instead?
Yeah the 4.0 is very basic so you can't really screw anything up with a tune the 5.0 is much more complex so I'd rather have the FRPP for it.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Yeah the 4.0 is very basic so you can't really screw anything up with a tune the 5.0 is much more complex so I'd rather have the FRPP for it.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't follow you?? Hahah
Old 03-13-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
The Pro Cal is piece of crap compared to an SCT tune. It does nothing about the cam timing. All it does is bump the timing. And you can't make any changes for non factory gears. And as far as the autos are concerned it does nothing for the shift points.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't follow you?? Hahah
I just don't get your comment. It doesn't make any logical sense.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just don't get your comment. It doesn't make any logical sense.
I know, it's just that I believe the FRPP tuner to be safer than the SCT for the 5.0 only!! So if I buy a brand new 5.0 then I'm only putting a tune in that I trust! But I have an 08 V6 and the computer input and stuff is far more basic and so I would trust an SCT on it but I would be afraid that SCT might not be as safe with such a complicated an intricate motor and computer system on the 5.0! Gah that was a mouthful lol

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:

I know, it's just that I believe the FRPP tuner to be safer than the SCT for the 5.0 only!! So if I buy a brand new 5.0 then I'm only putting a tune in that I trust! But I have an 08 V6 and the computer input and stuff is far more basic and so I would trust an SCT on it but I would be afraid that SCT might not be as safe with such a complicated an intricate motor and computer system on the 5.0! Gah that was a mouthful lol
And for the 5.0, the FRPP tuner does not void the warranty
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

And for the 5.0, the FRPP tuner does not void the warranty
It does too void your warranty. You get a supplemented frpp warranty. You still loose your warranty through ford.

Also for how afraid you seem to be there are thousands and thousands and thousands of 5.0 that are tuned with SCT devices through bama, steeda, lethal, vmp and others with zero issues.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:01 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It does too void your warranty. You get a supplemented frpp warranty. You still loose your warranty through ford.

Also for how afraid you seem to be there are thousands and thousands and thousands of 5.0 that are tuned with SCT devices through bama, steeda, lethal, vmp and others with zero issues.
No actually I just looked on Ford Racing's site and it states to retain the factory new car warranty! That's crazy!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No actually I just looked on Ford Racing's site and it states to retain the factory new car warranty! That's crazy!
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Ford and Ford racing are two different companies. They share a name, nothing more. You lose your factory warranty but it gets picked up by Ford Racing. And that's only to 3/36.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Ford and Ford racing are two different companies. They share a name, nothing more. You lose your factory warranty but it gets picked up by Ford Racing. And that's only to 3/36.
Yep no idea what I'm talking about....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3781056415.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	319.8 KB
ID:	95789  
Old 03-13-2013, 06:00 PM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

God you're dense. That's Ford Racing. Believe what you want but you will NOT retain your warranty thru Ford.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

You still get a 36k/3 year warranty is what they are saying. That is a new car warranty. Just it is now through FRPP
Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
God you're dense. That's Ford Racing. Believe what you want but you will NOT retain your warranty thru Ford.
I didn't realize I was dealing with an illiterate individual
Old 03-13-2013, 06:16 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I didn't realize I was dealing with an illiterate individual
You're not. I'm just much smarter than you. Stick around a little and I'll teach you something.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:21 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You're not. I'm just much smarter than you. Stick around a little and I'll teach you something.
Enlighten oh great and powerful one! Hahaha btw you need to add some pics of you car cause it looks sweet in the profile pic
Old 03-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You still get a 36k/3 year warranty is what they are saying. That is a new car warranty. Just it is now through FRPP
True, But after that, who covers the Powertrain 5 year 60,000 mile warranty ?

ITS FORD !!!!

Fiqure that, out
TrackPak is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust