new 5.0 problems - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 AM   #36

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
I would call actual Ford customer service and explain what that dealership said, your car isn't running right compaired to a brand new 5.0 and something is wrong but they are telling you that you have to drive it till it throws codes.

That just seems unacceptable.
thats what i was thinking. to have the guy sit there and tell me we drove yours and a new one and the new one will break loose in 3rd gear and yours just kinda moves along isnt right lol... i showed him the 2 lights that flash when the traction light acts up and he said oh that makes sense that is the traction malfunction light and its weird the car isnt showing codes for that. They tried to say the exhaust is causing "restriction" so i walked over to the parts counter where they have a roush axel back and said "man i have these installed but not roush" how can my "straight" pipes cause back pressure but your roush doesnt. He said oh yea lets just forget about the exhaust. I'll call ford and make another complaint. Also its been almost 2 weeks and my car still hasnt been detailed for the 4th time and the black molding is still grey... Man at think point i think im just bad luck.
whoisu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2013, 12:53 AM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
what is funny about the exhaust is, the less restrictive it seems to be the more power these Coyotes produce lol. Yeah sounds like the dealership wants to admit their is an issue but doesn't want to take ownership and actually find a way to fix it.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #38

ill keep you posted i think worst case is I keep taking it back until they either find a way to fix it or i can file a lemon against it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisu05 View Post
ill keep you posted i think worst case is I keep taking it back until they either find a way to fix it or i can file a lemon against it.
So it's been a week. Inquiring minds want to know. How's it going? Did you end up calling Ford CS?

"The Devil is in the details, but so is salvation." - Admiral Hyman G. Rickover
CraneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

I can understand your frustration...Growing up being a Chevy guy and then turning to a Ford is hard enough without the main reason Chevy Guys stay away form Fords...I am sorry to here you are having problems...My car has 10000+ miles on it and the only problem I have is it is still stock...LOL...Parts are on the way though

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraneGuy View Post
So it's been a week. Inquiring minds want to know. How's it going? Did you end up calling Ford CS?
Yes, did you call corporate?
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by back n a stang View Post
Yeah you sound like your ECM is bad. You bought a brand new 5.0 PREMIUM for 29,000?? What year you say?
In December of 2012 ford was practically giving away 5.0s I picked up a track pack, leather and every possible upgrade except for navigation for 27k
Old 06-03-2013, 08:42 PM   #42

New update on car... Ford still has it since I've startedthis thread back in march they have had the car off and on for 30 days now. 2weeks ago they had the car for 11 days to fix the trim they broke originallyand to finally get a ford engineer to go over the car which they said theycouldn't find anything. So I said ok let me drive the car with you in therewith me. 1st gear the guy was like wow this car is fast lol next 2 gears theguy was like man feels like a turbo is in here with all this lag.... no jokethat's what I've been telling you guys. Then showed them the other issues thecar has. So they gave me my car back for the holiday weekend and once I gotback home I noticed the driver side trim was falling off and 4 scratches wereon the window. Took it back last Wednesday to get a vague answer of when I’llget the car back. called ford corporate once again and asked for 1 month of carpayment a renewal of my satellite radio and compensation for all the rentalfees gas for rental and my car toll tag fees and time I've had to miss fromschool and work over this plus driving 6 different rental cars not even closeto a mustang. Their response was ok sir well file a buy back request and seewhat happens. So now it is a waiting game I guess. Has anybody ever experienceda buy back?
Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 AM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisu05 View Post
New update on car... Ford still has it since I've startedthis thread back in march they have had the car off and on for 30 days now. 2weeks ago they had the car for 11 days to fix the trim they broke originallyand to finally get a ford engineer to go over the car which they said theycouldn't find anything. So I said ok let me drive the car with you in therewith me. 1st gear the guy was like wow this car is fast lol next 2 gears theguy was like man feels like a turbo is in here with all this lag.... no jokethat's what I've been telling you guys. Then showed them the other issues thecar has. So they gave me my car back for the holiday weekend and once I gotback home I noticed the driver side trim was falling off and 4 scratches wereon the window. Took it back last Wednesday to get a vague answer of when I’llget the car back. called ford corporate once again and asked for 1 month of carpayment a renewal of my satellite radio and compensation for all the rentalfees gas for rental and my car toll tag fees and time I've had to miss fromschool and work over this plus driving 6 different rental cars not even closeto a mustang. Their response was ok sir well file a buy back request and seewhat happens. So now it is a waiting game I guess. Has anybody ever experienceda buy back?
If I were you I'd look into the lemon law, you should get a new car

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT