Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Amsoil hookup question! Oil knowledge needed!!!

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  kaper232 
#1 ·
Met a distributor today, can get 7.44 per qt if I buy cases (12 qts) and pay $20 per year.

Great deal, but they only have up to 5w 30 (unless I buy 'race' level). I have the track pack, requires 5w 50. This isn't my DD, I drive it like a ******. Will I have issues with 30?

#6 ·
Just go on Amsoils website and sign up to be a preferred customer. That's what I did and every year now I just renew it. If you're serious about using Amsoil it's well worth it. I use their 10w-30. It offers the best protection. And use their filter also.

#8 ·
#14 · (Edited)
I got attacked on another site for posting my use of 5W-30 in my engine. The folks went ape on me, claiming I was doing long term damage to the TiVCT system, as it works on oil pressure and oil temp, pressure affected by oil viscosity. The attacks by one member claiming to be a Ford mechanic in Texas got so bad that the mods removed the post! His posts claimed that 5W-20 should be the only viscosity used in the 3.7 andf 5.0, except for the Bosses.

#20 ·
The attacks by one member claiming to be a Ford mechanic in Texas got so bad that the mods removed the post! His posts claimed that 5W-20 should be the only viscosity used in the 3.7 andf 5.0, except for the Bosses.
He's an idiot then. Plenty of us using anything but 5w-20.
Those that use Amsoil or Royal Purple; how many miles do you go before you change it?
I change mine once a year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.