How Reliable is Dyno Tuning? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
How Reliable is Dyno Tuning?

I have a 2013 5.0 with about 11,500 miles on it and have had a Brenspeed 91 tune on it for about 7000 of those miles and it has served me well in terms or being reliable. I "dog" on it pretty hard a lot and I have not had a single issue with it.

I am interested because I have an opportunity to bring it up to a dyno tomorrow and possibly get it tuned and I was just wondering how reliable would that be for a daily driver. I know those guys tend to max stuff out on the dyno and I don't really want that for a daily driver.
helloWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 12:39 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
They can tune it how you want, just like the mail tunes do. Bigger concerns are, have they tuned a lot of mustangs? Are you unhappy with your current tune? Why fix what works great!

Reason I mention the first question is because a shop down the street from me is well known for tuning...but on cameros. They almost never tune mustangs and have admitted they don't know them very well. I would never take my car there for tuning.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:52 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
A dyno tune is only as good as the tuner. If they had no experience with the copperhead PCM's then stay clear.
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I'm actually switch to a dyno tune this Thursday from bama. Shop is well know as a mustang specialty shop so that's the main reason. Should get the cr running perfect.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I have bama now and am getting a dyno tune this week
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:58 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabber Blue5.0 View Post
A dyno tune is only as good as the tuner. If they had no experience with the copperhead PCM's then stay clear.
+1... Be absolutely sure that the tuner knows what to do with these ecu's.
2011 Mustang GT Premium 401A Spec- Sterling Gray, aka "Graycie", 6-Speed MT, 3.73, Brembo Brake Package, Current Mods: FRPP-Brakelines/Brake Ducts/Alternator/Radiator/Oil Pan/Oil Cooler/Trans.Scoop/Alum.Axle Cover, Steeda-Sport Springs/3rd Link/Adj.UCA/Alum.LCA/Rel.Brackets/Adj.PHB & Brace/Adj.F&R Swaybars/Adj.Front Endlinks/HD Strut Mounts/X11 Ball Joint/Bumpsteer/CAI, Koni Sport Shocks, ATI Damper, MGW Shifter, Kooks Catback, Wavetrac Diff, Michelin Pilot Super Sport... 93 Octane Performance Tune by VMP
GrayGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloWorld View Post
I have a 2013 5.0 with about 11,500 miles on it and have had a Brenspeed 91 tune on it for about 7000 of those miles and it has served me well in terms or being reliable. I "dog" on it pretty hard a lot and I have not had a single issue with it.

I am interested because I have an opportunity to bring it up to a dyno tomorrow and possibly get it tuned and I was just wondering how reliable would that be for a daily driver. I know those guys tend to max stuff out on the dyno and I don't really want that for a daily driver.
If nothing else, get your rear-wheel numbers and keep the current tune.
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT