Suspension upgrades - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Suspension upgrades

I recently got new wheels and tires and now would like to remove some of the gap between the wheel and fender. My car is a daily driver which also sees some snow in the winter, so i don't want a drastic drop, i'm thinking 1" is about as much as i should go. I do not track my car, so this mod is mainly cosmetic. What springs and shocks/struts do you all recommend? I know a lot of people like the konis (not sure if yellows or srt's would be better for me), and i've also found a set of ford racing with p springs pre assembled i am considering. I assume i will also probably need an adjustable panhard bar, gt500 strut mounts and possibly some camber bolts. I already have some steeda lca, do i need relo brackets as well? I also may need an adjustable uca? Lastly, will i need new sway bars? Not ready to pull the trigger here just yet, but i would like to get a good idea of what all is involved here. Thanks for your help
kk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 09:00 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Koni strt, springs you mentioned. Gt500 strut mounts, pan hard bar, camber bolts, relo brackets for LCA and yes an adjustable UCA would be a good idea.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Ok so you think the koni str will be sufficient for my needs? And do you recommend the ford racing p springs or is there something better for just a 1" drop?
kk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk89 View Post
Ok so you think the koni str will be sufficient for my needs? And do you recommend the ford racing p springs or is there something better for just a 1" drop?
yeah for DD use the Koni Strt are amazing. I currently have them with a 1.7" front drop and 2.4" rear drop and they ride so perfect. So much better than stock. They are stiffer but smoother at the same time. Car feels like it floats more but at the same time nose dive and body roll are greatly reduced.

Ford racing springs will be more than fine. I don't think I'd look at anything else. More than a few people with them on here and they are very happy with them.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hey brother, I just sent you an email. The Koni's (especially the STR.t) you get the biggest bang for the buck. Very good brand and their customer service, product and warranty are great.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT