The Perfect Suspension For a 5.0 Gt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
The Perfect Suspension For a 5.0 Gt

I'm looking into getting my suspension mods going. I was initially going to get the Eibach Pro Kitbut I've heard that it rides a little rough, so I thought maybe I'd just customize my own setup.

Anyone wanna help me put a list together?

Thanks
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Joyride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 297
I have a good list from Torq for a pretty complete setup. He has a lot of experience racing and modding so he has already done the trial and error with what does and doesn't work.

Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks & Struts 555-8215 - Steeda Mustang Sport Springs (ford Mustang 2005-2012)
FOR-M-18183-C - Ford Racing 2005-2012 Mustang Front Strut Mount Upgrade (pair)
Bmr Lower Control Arms, Boxed, Dom, Non- adjustable, Polyurethane Bushings
CAB005 - Bmr Control Arm Relocation Bracket 555-4027 - Steeda Upper Chassis Mount For 3rd Link - 11-13
555-4098 - Steeda Upper Control Arm - 05-13 555-2551 - Steeda Mustang Street Adjustable Panhard Bar - 05-13
555-1072 - Steeda Mustang Adjustable Swaybar Kit and a boss 302 strut tower brace.

Or you could call them up and have them give you a custom list.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
KARgt13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I'm looking into getting my suspension mods going. I was initially going to get the Eibach Pro Kitbut I've heard that it rides a little rough, so I thought maybe I'd just customize my own setup.

Anyone wanna help me put a list together?

Thanks
I hope you're wrong because I just bought a pro-kit and I'll cry if the shocks/struts suck haha. The brembo setup is pretty stiff so I'm assuming the Eibach's will be softer and I'll notice a better ride instead of a rougher ride.
KARgt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by KARgt13 View Post

I hope you're wrong because I just bought a pro-kit and I'll cry if the shocks/struts suck haha. The brembo setup is pretty stiff so I'm assuming the Eibach's will be softer and I'll notice a better ride instead of a rougher ride.
Eibach is quality, u will be fine... I have the shocks and struts from them and they're nice and smooth and very controlled... Much better than stock, yea they're a bit stiffer but that's a good thing
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Delta vt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: California
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Eibach is quality, u will be fine... I have the shocks and struts from them and they're nice and smooth and very controlled... Much better than stock, yea they're a bit stiffer but that's a good thing
Agreed. I have the springs shocks struts swaybars panhard everything from eibach and it is fantastic.
Delta vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
jayman33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 515
Eh, eibach is mediocre at best. Koni and tokico is much, much better. Eibach springs are good but they lack in the dampening for lowering springs.
Take a look at whiteline, their parts are top notch don't increase NVH.
Steeda springs and hotchkis springs paired with Koni offer a great increase in performance but are also comfortable for the street.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman33 View Post
Eh, eibach is mediocre at best. Koni and tokico is much, much better. Eibach springs are good but they lack in the dampening for lowering springs.
Take a look at whiteline, their parts are top notch don't increase NVH.
Steeda springs and hotchkis springs paired with Koni offer a great increase in performance but are also comfortable for the street.
I second the Koni.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
gtstyles2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lodi
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

I second the Koni.
I took a risk with the Eibachs, but they are not bad at all... If I were to replace again, I would definitely go Koni... I had adjustable Tokico on my Maxima and they were horrible IMHO, they blew out on me after only a year
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
avengnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Stafford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 1,643
I've got the Ford Racing Handling Pack, I love it, drops the Pony 1 inch all around and the ride is just as smooth if not smoother than stock.

Ford Racing Mustang Handling Pack - Coupe (05-13 GT) M-FR3-MGTA - Free Shipping!
__________________
~ Alan Mustang Livin' and www.mustanglivin.com
2014 Shelby GT500
avengnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Tried HR springs, brutally stiff and bottomed out too much. Went BMR and very happy. Steeda everything else (but bilstein dampers and mm cc plates)
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Tried HR springs, brutally stiff and bottomed out too much. Went BMR and very happy. Steeda everything else (but bilstein dampers and mm cc plates)
Koni shocks and struts and H&R springs and I have never bottomed out once...
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Koni shocks and struts and H&R springs and I have never bottomed out once...
Well I didn't mean to imply your baby had a bad suspension there bud, but if you'd like an extra set I'm more than happy to give them a happy home
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
Well I didn't mean to imply your baby had a bad suspension there bud, but if you'd like an extra set I'm more than happy to give them a happy home
oh I was just saying I don't agree. I do think they will quickly show you how good your shocks and struts are for extreme lowered applications. Not that other shocks and struts are bad, but 1.7" and 2.4" drop is hard on most of them.

I don't think I need another set haha.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

oh I was just saying I don't agree. I do think they will quickly show you how good your shocks and struts are for extreme lowered applications. Not that other shocks and struts are bad, but 1.7" and 2.4" drop is hard on most of them.

I don't think I need another set haha.
I agree actually. Bilstein HDs are good, but it was outside of the ideal range.

The BmRs are amazing though. They are progressive, so softer ride on the highway or just cruising. Tightens up real well when cornering hard though. They also retain the hourglass figure ( progressive again ).

I locked everything down though with UCA, LcAs and away bars, so I needed something to ease up on the roughness.

OP, I would NOT suggest Bilstein though, from what I understand these were great pre S197, but anymore they are not ideal
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidRRaxle View Post
I agree actually. Bilstein HDs are good, but it was outside of the ideal range.

The BmRs are amazing though. They are progressive, so softer ride on the highway or just cruising. Tightens up real well when cornering hard though. They also retain the hourglass figure ( progressive again ).

I locked everything down though with UCA, LcAs and away bars, so I needed something to ease up on the roughness.

OP, I would NOT suggest Bilstein though, from what I understand these were great pre S197, but anymore they are not ideal
glad you understood what I meant haha. Was afraid it was gonna come off as me talking bad about your setup and I don't think that at all.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
I just ordered the Eibach Sportline Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, upgraded my camber bolts, and getting the Roush Upper Control arms tomorrow. My buddy just lowered his '07 Gt with the Eibach Sportline springs and it sits sooooo damn sexy, I instantly knew they were the ones I wanted.. And I was told the roush upper control arm would help a lot with my wheel hop problem.

So you guys think I made a good choice with what I've ordered so far? I'm not done yet, eventually shocks and struts etc.
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:33 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
I just ordered the Eibach Sportline Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, upgraded my camber bolts, and getting the Roush Upper Control arms tomorrow. My buddy just lowered his '07 Gt with the Eibach Sportline springs and it sits sooooo damn sexy, I instantly knew they were the ones I wanted.. And I was told the roush upper control arm would help a lot with my wheel hop problem.

So you guys think I made a good choice with what I've ordered so far? I'm not done yet, eventually shocks and struts etc.
you got upper control arm or lower control arms?
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

you got upper control arm or lower control arms?
Upper control arms tomorrow... Why?
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post

Upper control arms tomorrow... Why?
Lower control arms if you are lowering with relocation brackets will do more than an upper control arm will. Not that you won't want a UCA but it really is only gonna change pinion angle and be tighter than stock.

The LCA is what the axle uses to push the car forward.

Did you order more than one? Your car only needs 1 upper control arm.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Lower control arms if you are lowering with relocation brackets will do more than an upper control arm will. Not that you won't want a UCA but it really is only gonna change pinion angle and be tighter than stock.

The LCA is what the axle uses to push the car forward.

Did you order more than one? Your car only needs 1 upper control arm.
I looked on AM and it looks like they come in pairs of 2's, I haven't ordered it yet. Is there any way you could post a link to the one(s) you recommend? I'm completely new to this suspension stuff and have no idea what all I need for this to work lol
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
SolidRRaxle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Texas
Posts: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post

I looked on AM and it looks like they come in pairs of 2's, I haven't ordered it yet. Is there any way you could post a link to the one(s) you recommend? I'm completely new to this suspension stuff and have no idea what all I need for this to work lol
http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-m...ntrol-arm.html

I second the suggestion on going LCAs first with relo brackets.
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post

I looked on AM and it looks like they come in pairs of 2's, I haven't ordered it yet. Is there any way you could post a link to the one(s) you recommend? I'm completely new to this suspension stuff and have no idea what all I need for this to work lol
http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lca-poly-0512.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/bmr-lc...cket-0512.html

Those will be one on each side that the axle uses to push the car forward.

Also what UCA did you order? BMR? You'll want to consider the bracket from them for it too as it is much stronger than stock.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:20 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
FORDGT14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Surprise
Region: Arizona
Posts: 614
So I'll need the upper and lower control arms? I didn't order today, my guy was gone sick so I couldn't get my discount but I'll be looking into it tomorrow
FORDGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
nosympathy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: none
Region: Ohio
Posts: 3,551
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORDGT14 View Post
So I'll need the upper and lower control arms? I didn't order today, my guy was gone sick so I couldn't get my discount but I'll be looking into it tomorrow
You will find a bigger change with the LCA and relo brackets. You will want to do the UCA and bracket too, but don't need to do that one ASAP. Unless you have a one piece drive shaft.
__________________
MustangEvolution ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!
nosympathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.