Mustang Evolution Forum banner

The Perfect Suspension For a 5.0 Gt

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  nosympathy 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting my suspension mods going. I was initially going to get the Eibach Pro Kitbut I've heard that it rides a little rough, so I thought maybe I'd just customize my own setup.

Anyone wanna help me put a list together?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have a good list from Torq for a pretty complete setup. He has a lot of experience racing and modding so he has already done the trial and error with what does and doesn't work.

Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks & Struts 555-8215 - Steeda Mustang Sport Springs (ford Mustang 2005-2012)
FOR-M-18183-C - Ford Racing 2005-2012 Mustang Front Strut Mount Upgrade (pair)
Bmr Lower Control Arms, Boxed, Dom, Non- adjustable, Polyurethane Bushings
CAB005 - Bmr Control Arm Relocation Bracket 555-4027 - Steeda Upper Chassis Mount For 3rd Link - 11-13
555-4098 - Steeda Upper Control Arm - 05-13 555-2551 - Steeda Mustang Street Adjustable Panhard Bar - 05-13
555-1072 - Steeda Mustang Adjustable Swaybar Kit and a boss 302 strut tower brace.

Or you could call them up and have them give you a custom list.

#6 ·
Eh, eibach is mediocre at best. Koni and tokico is much, much better. Eibach springs are good but they lack in the dampening for lowering springs.
Take a look at whiteline, their parts are top notch don't increase NVH.
Steeda springs and hotchkis springs paired with Koni offer a great increase in performance but are also comfortable for the street.

#7 ·
Eh, eibach is mediocre at best. Koni and tokico is much, much better. Eibach springs are good but they lack in the dampening for lowering springs.
Take a look at whiteline, their parts are top notch don't increase NVH.
Steeda springs and hotchkis springs paired with Koni offer a great increase in performance but are also comfortable for the street.
I second the Koni.

#16 ·
I just ordered the Eibach Sportline Springs, BMR Panhard Bar, upgraded my camber bolts, and getting the Roush Upper Control arms tomorrow. My buddy just lowered his '07 Gt with the Eibach Sportline springs and it sits sooooo damn sexy, I instantly knew they were the ones I wanted.. And I was told the roush upper control arm would help a lot with my wheel hop problem.

So you guys think I made a good choice with what I've ordered so far? I'm not done yet, eventually shocks and struts etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.