Mbrp long headers - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
Mbrp long headers

I have a 13 mustang gt an I'm dieing to get a complete exhaust system from mbrp. Does anyone know if they make the headers to fit a 13 yet or will the headers for the 2012 work?
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmarlow View Post
I have a 13 mustang gt an I'm dieing to get a complete exhaust system from mbrp. Does anyone know if they make the headers to fit a 13 yet or will the headers for the 2012 work?
I did some searching, and could only find headers for a 2011-2012 Mustang GT from MBRP. I would like to think that they fit the same, because it's the same motor.

I tried to get an exhaust for my 2013 GT, though, and it wouldn't fit; the exhaust was a Magnaflow system off of a 2012 that had been in a wreck. Turns out the piping or something is different from 2012-2013, so they wouldn't fit my car. I'd definitely make sure you get something that is guaranteed to fit your model year.
BatmanUriah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah I'm looking man. I'm all about the sound I'm fine with the speed for now I just want it to be so loud an throaty it just pisses people off. But I'm still looking. Thanks for the heads up
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

No problem. You know, it's very easy to take your mufflers off. If you want the temporary race-car sound, just drop them down, and hear it purr! You'll have to support the pipe that connects to the muffler, though, or else it will clank around while driving.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I feel like that would be the ghetto way an this is my baby now got to do her right you know. Lol
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I thought the same thing. I'll still get headers eventually, but now Idk about mufflers. =)
Old 03-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickmarlow View Post
Yeah I'm looking man. I'm all about the sound I'm fine with the speed for now I just want it to be so loud an throaty it just pisses people off. But I'm still looking. Thanks for the heads up
You'r goal for your exhaust is to piss people off? Hmmm,...get a ricer with a fart pipe. Muscle isn't for you.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ahh good one bro
Old 03-19-2013, 07:28 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Check with American Muscle. They have Shorty and Long Tube Headers for 2011-2013 GT's.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
You'r goal for your exhaust is to piss people off? Hmmm,...get a ricer with a fart pipe. Muscle isn't for you.
pissing off the neighbors and setting off car alarms is the reason i have my flowmaster outlaws. nothing says satisfaction like waking up your neighbors at 3am just because you feel like taking a short stroll to let everyone where your money is going.

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

uh hello american muscle, do you have anything that will piss off other motorists with ear peircing catastrophic sound? ok what do you have for waking up the neighbors? oooh i like that ill take 2
BUSHGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you for seeing where I'm coming from.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I get the finger from old ladies because of my car all the time. Lot of people don't like a deep heavy bass sound, and my car has a lot of that!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT