Borla Axel-Backs S vs ATAK - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #1

Region: Texas
Borla Axel-Backs S vs ATAK

For those of you that have Borla axel-backs I'm trying to decide between S-type and ATAK. Thank for any input and why you chose one over the other.
Charcoal5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
I am currently looking at Axel backs and I keep coming back to the Borla S. Did you see the video on the Borla site for the three offerings? Atack sounds a bit louder than I am looking for personally. I think the S sounds perfect based on the vid.
Thunder69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:26 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder69 View Post
I am currently looking at Axel backs and I keep coming back to the Borla S. Did you see the video on the Borla site for the three offerings? Atack sounds a bit louder than I am looking for personally. I think the S sounds perfect based on the vid.
Yeah I was having same thoughts. Been watching YouTube videos all night. S-type sounds pretty sweet.
Charcoal5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
I work with a guy who has the atak and the borla video doesn't do it justice. Atak sounds great in person. Haven't heard the S in person.
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
I work with a guy who has the atak and the borla video doesn't do it justice. Atak sounds great in person. Haven't heard the S in person.
I have the borla a catback. It sounds better in person. People turn their heads when I pass and I get many compliments. I could listen to it all day. I have not heard the ataks to compare
Rmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I also have the S Types and never heard the ATAKs in person, but I hear they're about the same in volume just with some added rasp and a bit throatier
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:10 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have S types and ill be adding kooks LT headers and boss H pipe with just e cutouts on the sides. Maybe now I'll get some attention in Miami lol
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyride View Post
I have S types and ill be adding kooks LT headers and boss H pipe with just e cutouts on the sides. Maybe now I'll get some attention in Miami lol
Video when it gets done please!! Will the kooks lt headers fit the boss h pipe or is some modification needed??
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal5.0
For those of you that have Borla axel-backs I'm trying to decide between S-type and ATAK. Thank for any input and why you chose one over the other.
My buddy just got the S types on his 2013 5.0 and they sound amazing. From what I've heard in person and in video the S type is the best option especially if you want to do LT's because it will be super loud and raspy with the ATAK's. S type=muscle car sound. ATAK=NASCAR sound lol
angelofrat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Yeah, brother. The S-types are great.
jayman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
S-types for the deeper sound. I hate rasp on a muscle car. Car should sound deep and mean, not raspy and ricery.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post
S-types for the deeper sound. I hate rasp on a muscle car. Car should sound deep and mean, not raspy and ricery.
So the Ataks are going to sound Ricey?
Dloza05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dloza05 View Post

So the Ataks are going to sound Ricey?
I personally just look at that raspy sound as more of a rciey type sound. I don't know that it was a good analogy for me to use on here haha. Having had the roush I felt like I was driving a super loud Evo. Little 4 banger. Just that characteristic of sound type.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

The Ataks aren't raspy. The tone is a bit different cause the can chamber design is different to allow more volume. If u want loud Ataks are very loud without cats.

2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I love the sound of the S types I've seen on YouTube
Defender Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:31 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charcoal5.0 View Post
Both will be great! The quality of every borla product is incredible kind of like a jewelry lol.
I personally have the S-type and I wouldn't go atak if u want a super deep tone, I also have it pair with an off road H-pipe and 93 race tune from bama and it is all I wanted and them some.
It had zero raspy and great controllable rumble tone.
But it all depends what u like!!!
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #17

Region: Virginia
I just installed the Borla S axle back along with the side exhaust (quad) and it is incredible. The idle has a nice menacing rumble sound and during acceleration it sounds like an old school stock car going for broke on the last lap.

2007 Redfire Mustang GT...Sold but not forgotten
skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
I just installed the Borla S axle back along with the side exhaust (quad) and it is incredible. The idle has a nice menacing rumble sound and during acceleration it sounds like an old school stock car going for broke on the last lap.
NICE!!! I want to add the stainless works side exhaust when I install LT. The side exhaust makes it extra deep. Is the sound right next to the door annoying?
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:38 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Boss 302 side exhaust? If so how you like it. Thinking about getting it ASAP.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
How much louder are the stingers with the side exhaust vs without
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post

Video when it gets done please!! Will the kooks lt headers fit the boss h pipe or is some modification needed??
I meant the kooks boss specific h pipe. Already have the boss h and will be selling that once the kooks come in 2 weeks from now. I can't wait! I have 2 videos of the borlas and the side pipes right now if you want to hav an idea of what they are like.
Joyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:10 PM   #22

Region: North Carolina
I have the S on mine and I wouldn't have anything else, very ballsy, and the best part is that they aren't super loud in the car, loud when there's a load, but cruising you can't hear them
2012KonaBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT