Intercooled or not -Vortech/Paxton - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:08 AM   #1

Region: Washington
Intercooled or not -Vortech/Paxton

I have been looking a lot into the Vortech and Paxton SC kits from Brenspeed they sell both kits non cooled for jus under 4k. It will be going on my DD, so i was wondering is a intercooler necessary. I am not looking for crazy power.So is anyone running these kits non cooled,and how are they holding up. I want the H.O. kit but the non is more along the budget. thx
BarricadeGT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I've been wondering the same thing for my 2000 GT. I was thinking you wouldn't have to since you wouldn't be running boost all the time.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:13 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Spend the money and get the intercooler.
JG5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarricadeGT10 View Post
I have been looking a lot into the Vortech and Paxton SC kits from Brenspeed they sell both kits non cooled for jus under 4k. It will be going on my DD, so i was wondering is a intercooler necessary. I am not looking for crazy power.So is anyone running these kits non cooled,and how are they holding up. I want the H.O. kit but the non is more along the budget. thx
Get the complete kit- turn key installation...I have in on my '11 and love it!. I also highly suggest you buy the upgrade kit that includes the fuel pump booster and CAI. With nothing else done to my stocker, I am making 664 HP. It is fantastic.
2011mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:04 AM   #5

Region: Washington
OK guys thanks i think i will go with the intercooled
BarricadeGT10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
What did u end up doing?
2011mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
We bought the complete kit from Terry at Team Beefcake Racing and got a good deal on everything. Vortech V3 satin black, Vortech BAP, Injector Dynamics ID1000 injectors, JLT intake, 1 step cooler plugs, upgraded Tbolts PLUS tuning with Jon Lund. 6k shipped total
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 09:46 PM   #8
Mok
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011mustanggt View Post
Get the complete kit- turn key installation...I have in on my '11 and love it!. I also highly suggest you buy the upgrade kit that includes the fuel pump booster and CAI. With nothing else done to my stocker, I am making 664 HP. It is fantastic.
664 to the wheels? How does it handle? I'm on the fence between that and Brenspeed 710r

Sent from my VS980 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Mok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Isn't 664 a bit above what the stock rotating assembly can handle safely?
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Isn't 664 a bit above what the stock rotating assembly can handle safely?
We installed the Vortech V3 system this weekend. Lot of work, but not ridicules. We changed the plugs, injectors (ID1000) and added a BAP too. We are remote tuning with Lund today. With our setup, we could easily make 650ish, but will tune down to 625rwhp since we don't plan to forge the lower end right now. We installed a Tial BOV instead of the Vortech BOV as well. 664rwhp is pushing it when you say (safely) but the TUNE is EVERYTHING. Really need a billet oil pump at a minimum, but if your tuner is on top of everything, you could run 664 with a centri blower but would be on the ragged edge of being "safe"
Centri's are not as tough on the motor as a roots type blowers are.
2013 GT : 6sp MT, Track Pkg, 3.73 Rear End, Brembo Brakes, Vortech V3 SC, Boss IM, BBK 90mm TB, JLT CAI, ID1000 injectors, BAP, Brisk Plugs, Tial BOV, Lethal OR X Pipe, 3" over axle to GT500 Quad Exhaust, Dynotech Alum DS, MGW Shifter, Eibach R2 Coil Overs, Bob's Billet LCA's, UPR adj. UCA, Eibach Adj PH Bar, TruCarbon Carbon Fiber inside/out. Tuned by Jon Lund II Three salvaged Bosses worth of Parts live on in this car. 705.11rwhp 5.33pulley/Torque Booster Wastegate
Deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
How does it feel with the 3.73s?
noldevin is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT