Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Buying new rims?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  GE3G 
#1 ·
Hey everybody I just have a quick question.... Im planning on buying new rims and I am considering 20s... I just wanna no if i need to re tune my car cause ill be going with a larger rim... I curently have the 19" Brembo wheels.. Will my speedo be affected?

#5 ·
If your running a 255-40-19, any 20 inch tire you choose that is taller will have a very minimal change on your speedo, not enough to worry about imo. 285-30-20 would be the same height I believe, but I would never do a 30 profile unless I had zero wheel gap. 35 profile looks great with 20's.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
Tire Size Comparison
Specification Sidewall Radius Diameter Circumference Revs/Mile Difference 255/40-19 4.0in 13.5in 27.0in 84.9in 746 0.0% 275/35-19 3.8in 13.3in 26.6in 83.5in 759 -1.7%
Back to the Calculator

You want the tire size to match your stock 27" tire as close as possible. And 4/10 of an inch is not close.

You can change the settings in your tuner yourself if you have one providing your tuner left those options open. Not all do.

#10 ·
My nitto invos are a full inch taller than my stock tires, and the revolution difference was a 746 vs 739. I saw zero difference in my speedo. You can't go by the tire calculators. Certain tires have softer side walls and they flex when driven, which increases the rev per mile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.