Mustang Evolution Forum banner

What are my chances?

2K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  GE3G 
#1 ·
Have a local idiot from a car show with a 02 vette talking mess about my car. He claims to have had bored out his ls1 5.7 to a 383 with port/polished heads and long tubes headers. He does have long tubes from what I can see, but his car does not sound cammed at all and he couldn't answer me when I ask who tuned it. He claims it's making 600+rwhp all motor and that he bumped the compression ratio to 11:1 when they rebuilt the motor. His car is convertible with stock wheels/tires, 0 suspension modifications and not even so much as a cold air intake... Claims it runs 10s this way. I want to race him to either shut him up completely or prove I can keep up with his 600hp monster.

I have on my 12 gt:
PTM jlt intake
Jon Lund tunes
JBA after cat h-pipe
Roush AB
Sr short shifter
Barton 2 post bracket
Ford racing LCA's
B&M panhard
19" 13 gt500 replicas on nitto invos

I have a 01 lightning pushing 478rwhp/566tq (best 1/4 of 11.01 at 124mph) and butt dyno in the mustang tells me they are comparable in speed once the mustangs rpms get up there. Think I have a chance?

See less See more
#2 ·
So he claims to have bored an engine that stock makes 350 crank HP to be 6.2L and make over 600 to the wheels? Naturally aspirated? who else wants to call BS :D I am pretty sure that engine stock was a 10:1 or close to that compression. Also the 6.2L corvette engines generally dump somewhere around 450 to 500 HP at the crank.

just saying...Dyno sheet or it isn't true.

Like to add, the only way corvettes are making over 600hp at the crank is by being supercharged...

#4 ·
BS, there was a guy at the track last time i went with a C6 with an LS7 swap & cammed (i think maybe a little more). He was running 11s with some timing pulled so that it would run slower (on purpose).

---------- Post added at 09:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

An LS7 with heads and cams probably puts almost 600 to the wheels.

#3 ·
Who in the hell has over 600 rwhp and has stock wheels! Even if he did have 600 I could beat him with a stock focus cuz he would never get traction lol! Sorry I don't like vettes and the people that drive them unless you drive a mustang too haha. You racing him in the lighting?

#7 ·
You guys are all saying generally what I thought. I think I could take him in the stang but I am not wasting time to race him in the corn fed lightning (e85). I figure my car to be close to 390-400rwhp and I feel it's fast for what it is. It can't cut a 1.4 60ft. Like the lightning can, but it has half the torque also. I was hoping this guys v-tec wouldn't kick in and leave me wondering how his c6 was making 600rwhp naturally aspirated. I'm calling him out.. P***y convertible corvette owner haha.

#22 ·
The Vette looks good and the LS motors are pretty good too, but the interior and the rest of the car is all cheap GM/ugly IMO. I call BS with 600hp claim with those mods. They are very light and fast, I saw a mildly modded C6 repeatedly beat a 11 GT500. Go for it, but don't underestimate the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.