O/R X with or without resonators? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
I installed my Magnaflow O/R X Pipe today and I have borla mid pipes with no resonators and borla S-Type... After the test drive the car sounds great but when I get on the gas it cracks loud and is very raspy, if I put the factory mid pipes with the resonators back on after the o/r x will it clean up the loud cracks???
michael81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I would think so, the cracks and rasp are just what you get with an o/r mid pipe
Mustang936 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael81 View Post
I installed my Magnaflow O/R X Pipe today and I have borla mid pipes with no resonators and borla S-Type... After the test drive the car sounds great but when I get on the gas it cracks loud and is very raspy, if I put the factory mid pipes with the resonators back on after the o/r x will it clean up the loud cracks???
Wanna say yes as I don't get those and I have stock OTA pipes. Then again could be your different X-pipe too. I have the JBA o/r x not the magnaflow.

My exhaust doesn't crack at all, deep belows and loud angry deep screaming is all she does.
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Wanna say yes as I don't get those and I have stock OTA pipes. Then again could be your different X-pipe too. I have the JBA o/r x not the magnaflow.

My exhaust doesn't crack at all, deep belows and loud angry deep screaming is all she does.
Cool thanks Ill swap them out tomorrow and see how she sounds... Plus my steeda lca came in today so it should be a fun day.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cool thanks Ill swap them out tomorrow and see how she sounds... Plus my steeda lca came in today so it should be a fun day.
yeah let us know. I thought about having the resonators removed but if it is gonna make the sound raspy I don't want.

I got my LCA relocation brackets today and the LCA come in tomorrow! I share your excitement! So ready to install these.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Sounds like the setup I want to get soon. You have Borla mufflers?

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCopp View Post

Sounds like the setup I want to get soon. You have Borla mufflers?
Yes the S-Types.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:

Yes the S-Types.
Bingo. Just what I want.

2013 GT/CS
TCopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Have you thought of putting race bullets in place of your resonators?
JayblesStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
Have you thought of putting race bullets in place of your resonators?
What are race bullets?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Dynomax race bullets. Mufflers that take the place of your resonators. Supposedly clean up sound
Old 03-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayblesStang View Post
Dynomax race bullets. Mufflers that take the place of your resonators. Supposedly clean up sound
Are they worth it?
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I would do it if i had an ORx setup like yours. I only know that people say it helps create a deeper tone and clean up the sound
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Resonators level out the raspy from what I've heard unless you want to be loud for the sake of making every head turn in awe or completely annoyed... It's up to you though
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Resonators do nothing that you will be able to tell honestly. If you want to go o/r you have to deal with the rasp, they go hand in hand together. You can put a hpipe or pro chamber on combined with gt500's and that will get rid of most of it but if you don't have cats you will have rasp. I personally have o/r xpipe with pypes super system and the small mid mufflers that came on my pypes deleted and even though it's not my favorite it grown on me and I like it. I feelings are if you like it than it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks because I have at least one person a day tell me it sounds bad or it's to loud but I like it so who cares.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
Resonators do nothing that you will be able to tell honestly. If you want to go o/r you have to deal with the rasp, they go hand in hand together. You can put a hpipe or pro chamber on combined with gt500's and that will get rid of most of it but if you don't have cats you will have rasp. I personally have o/r xpipe with pypes super system and the small mid mufflers that came on my pypes deleted and even though it's not my favorite it grown on me and I like it. I feelings are if you like it than it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks because I have at least one person a day tell me it sounds bad or it's to loud but I like it so who cares.
O/R X and Borla S-Types and I have no rasp...Stock OTA pipes.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What classifies as rasp then? I've never herd one car without cats that doesn't have what I thought was rasp. I will say I've never herd one with borlas.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstang1 View Post
What classifies as rasp then? I've never herd one car without cats that doesn't have what I thought was rasp. I will say I've never herd one with borlas.
To me... rasp is that kind of harsh gravelly unregulated sound you hear at when you rev in the higher rpm range especially when you let off the throttle and you start to get the sound from the back pressure.

Now I like a little rasp, but the sound I am referring to that I want to clean up is when I am rolling on the throttle hard there is a loud cracking or ringing resonance in the metal that is so prevalent I think it takes away from the exhaust note. my setup is magnaflow o/r x with borla OTA with no resonators and Borla S Type
Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

To me... rasp is that kind of harsh gravelly unregulated sound you hear at when you rev in the higher rpm range especially when you let off the throttle and you start to get the sound from the back pressure.

Now I like a little rasp, but the sound I am referring to that I want to clean up is when I am rolling on the throttle hard there is a loud cracking or ringing resonance in the metal that is so prevalent I think it takes away from the exhaust note. my setup is magnaflow o/r x with borla OTA with no resonators and Borla S Type
Have U checked for exhaust leaks?
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

Have U checked for exhaust leaks?
Yes I did it on a lift.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

I have to disagree, I have longtubes, jba o r x and gt500 mufflers, no rasp, I cut out resinators and there is a big noticeable difference, more rasp and alot louder, just my opinion...
Boss IM, with Araid cai, bama 93 race tune, GT500 cat back, jba off-road x-pipe & longtubes, mgw shifter,4.10 gears, Aluminum Flywheel & driveshaft, Adjustable Panhard Rod, BMR adj. uca & lca, BMR relo. brackets, BMR Springs with 1.5" drop, BMR adj. swaybar, BMR tubular K member 1/2 drop motor mounts & BMR tubular A arms, steeda alu. rad. support, aluminum water pump pully, 85mm BBK TB, Rear seat delete. Boss oil cooler, Battery in trunk. AC delete, Evap delete
brianw64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT