First mustang, first post, and a few questions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:10 AM   #1

Region: Georgia
First mustang, first post, and a few questions

So picked up my first mustang about 3 weeks ago, the story is I have always been a truck guy, but a lifted f150 doesn't really play nice with Atlanta parking decks, so I decided to get a car. Went to the dealership to test drive a new fusion, since I consider myself a "practical" guy and I was going to buy a "reasonable" car, but I would have to turn in my man card if I had the opportunity to drive a real muscle car and didn't .... I think you all know the story from there (couldn't hear the girlfriends opinion over the roar of 420hp haha). Anyhow, I ended up with a 2013 GT premium, deep impact blue auto (I drive ALOT for work, mainly in traffic). Have to say, I have never been happier driving... I love this thing! Had the dealer install a remote start (for free, told him it was a deal breaker) which is awesome... It's great hearing it start as I walk up to it in the parking lot. Also got it tinted the very next day, riding around fish bowlin' is a serious pet peeve of mine. Next up was to buy new wheels, went with the 20 inch AMRs in charcoal, and I think they look great. The wheels came in about a week(Thanks AM!), and of course they were on the car within 30 minutes. The TPMS calibration tool/Setup DVD didn't come until the next day, and my question is, do I really need it? The light didn't come on when I first put them on, should I return the calibration tool, or will I need it in the future? Next months mods are GT500 quad exhaust, smoked marker lights, and eibach springs. For those of you with this exhaust, how much louder is it than stock? Also, not too experienced when it comes to lowering, I've always been going the other way, but this forum has a lot of great info on that so I'll spare you the redundant questions. Anyhow, great to see such a active community, and hopefully I will be meeting more and more owners at shows in the future. I know this thread is useless without pics, so here it is completely stock, and then with the wheels (yeah it's dirty in that pic, I took it right after putting the wheels on and it's pouring rain in ATL right now, so it'll just have to do). Let me know what you think!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2717759882.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	639.6 KB
ID:	97780   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2813441699.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	527.9 KB
ID:	97781  

Name:	image-1519563038.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	505.5 KB
ID:	97782   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-823981128.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	517.1 KB
ID:	97783  

Name:	image-1975359280.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	616.1 KB
ID:	97784  
Bwillingham10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
That tpms light on the dash will come on sooner rather than later. If you have the printed directions to train the tpms, it is super easy. It is a series of hitting the brake pedal and cycling thru some key on key off cycles then pointing the training tool at each tire and pressing the button. There are several guys on here that know a hell of a lot about lowering, i am sure one of them will chime in soon to assist you there. Congrats on the new ride and enjoy it. I too traded in a lifted f-150 for a 13 mustang gt in deep impact blue. Oh and to answer your question about the gt500 axlebacks, they are a good bit louder than stock but only when you are getting on the loud pedal. At normal throttle or highway cruising speed you barely hear them. I also recommend removing the resonators for a little more raspiness and volume.
kk89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Welcome to the real world of Mustangs. You'll love it
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwillingham10 View Post
So picked up my first mustang about 3 weeks ago, the story is I have always been a truck guy, but a lifted f150 doesn't really play nice with Atlanta parking decks, so I decided to get a car. Went to the dealership to test drive a new fusion, since I consider myself a "practical" guy and I was going to buy a "reasonable" car, but I would have to turn in my man card if I had the opportunity to drive a real muscle car and didn't .... I think you all know the story from there (couldn't hear the girlfriends opinion over the roar of 420hp haha). Anyhow, I ended up with a 2013 GT premium, deep impact blue auto (I drive ALOT for work, mainly in traffic). Have to say, I have never been happier driving... I love this thing! Had the dealer install a remote start (for free, told him it was a deal breaker) which is awesome... It's great hearing it start as I walk up to it in the parking lot. Also got it tinted the very next day, riding around fish bowlin' is a serious pet peeve of mine. Next up was to buy new wheels, went with the 20 inch AMRs in charcoal, and I think they look great. The wheels came in about a week(Thanks AM!), and of course they were on the car within 30 minutes. The TPMS calibration tool/Setup DVD didn't come until the next day, and my question is, do I really need it? The light didn't come on when I first put them on, should I return the calibration tool, or will I need it in the future? Next months mods are GT500 quad exhaust, smoked marker lights, and eibach springs. For those of you with this exhaust, how much louder is it than stock? Also, not too experienced when it comes to lowering, I've always been going the other way, but this forum has a lot of great info on that so I'll spare you the redundant questions. Anyhow, great to see such a active community, and hopefully I will be meeting more and more owners at shows in the future. I know this thread is useless without pics, so here it is completely stock, and then with the wheels (yeah it's dirty in that pic, I took it right after putting the wheels on and it's pouring rain in ATL right now, so it'll just have to do). Let me know what you think!
Welcome and I love your mustang. Congrats
cheelyb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Love it. It's beautiful.
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Lifted truck guy here too! I've never had a car until I got my 2012 gt, but I love the car. Your car is my favorite color that ford has ever come out it, and those wheels set it off nicely. If you can swing it, I would definitely go with the borla or corsa quad tip exhaust on your car. I've only ever heard them on gt500s, but both sounded like they were pissed off and had a deep rumble every muscle car should have. Good luck with modding out the car.. There's alot of good info here and guys who won't mind arguing 3 pages of posts about the best way to lower your ride lol.
ZLwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Great wheels with that color and tint
SolidRRaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Welcome! Color and wheels go great together, congrats on the beautiful ride.
sLbxO143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Take your car up to kurgan motorsports in braselton. Just got a dyno tune from bob this past week. They really know what they are doing up there.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Great looking car...congrats on the new ride
20125.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwillingham10
Man that car is awesome! The only thing u really need is a badass stance and an exhaust!
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Congrats! Perfect color choice!
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Welcome and congrats on the purchase! I think that mod money would be most well spent on suspension and decent mufflers, for the money the GT500's are great. Deep tone with an angry growl but far from overwhelming. Good luck!

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
I felt the same way. Drove several as rentals and ended up ordering just what I wanted. I travel for work and there's nothing finer than arriving home Friday, hopping into the GT and taking backroads home. I skip I-40 most of the time, but if I'm home very late, I'll take it so I can use the cloverleafs without traffic.

Swapped mufflers, got custom paint and planning an FRPP handling package with 1inch drop. Second weekend in April.

Believe me, you didn't miss much in your truck days. They've only recently become this nice- we're looking at swapping our other car for another Ford! Whodda thunk?
hobo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:26 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Congrats man! I've always had lifted trucks too until I bought my Stang
Defender Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Very nice choice - nearly identical to what I'm getting in 2 weeks.
SpaceFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Nice stang, pretty jealous!!
dj_james123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Man congrats! I was in the same boat as you. I had a Dodge 2500 with a 6.7 Cummins with all the goodies....The biggest problem I had, was my new job has me in the office and not in the field. Now I have to park in a garage with only a seven foot clearance...LOL...Of course I knew I wanted a Mustang...Having several in the past, pretty much was what pushed me this route. If I am going to have a car, I want a fast one! Now, if I can just get some extra money to buy a little twin screw SC for it, we will be doing good...LOL!
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo1 View Post
I felt the same way. Drove several as rentals and ended up ordering just what I wanted. I travel for work and there's nothing finer than arriving home Friday, hopping into the GT and taking backroads home. I skip I-40 most of the time, but if I'm home very late, I'll take it so I can use the cloverleafs without traffic.

Swapped mufflers, got custom paint and planning an FRPP handling package with 1inch drop. Second weekend in April.

Believe me, you didn't miss much in your truck days. They've only recently become this nice- we're looking at swapping our other car for another Ford! Whodda thunk?

I here you, Ford has really stepped up there game in the past few years. I have been VERY disappointed with every thing going on with Government Motors (GM):bang head: I grew up a Chevy guy....and now, the only thing they have I will drive is the Corvette. I think that is they only thing they have left that is not made in Mexico or Canada.
BIGHOSS5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:44 AM   #20

Region: Canada
Love the color and wheels, nice car!
Daffire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:50 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwillingham10 View Post
Your car disnt come with a strut over the motor? I have a 13 track pack and it came with it. You may want to look into tht not sure if that is an important part. Anyways nice mustang! Btw did you trade in your f150?
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Only track pack cars come with the strut tower brace.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk89 View Post
Only track pack cars come with the strut tower brace.
Mustangs with 19" wheels come with it actually. Mine isn't a track pack and it came with it
gtstyles2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstyles2 View Post

Mustangs with 19" wheels come with it actually. Mine isn't a track pack and it came with it
Yep any 2011+ mustang with 19" wheels comes with the strut brace.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Very cool, thanks for the info, I learn something every day.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:27 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

I might be picking up a 2013 5.0 in this same beautiful color soon... Wish me luck! I may have to steal your wheels for it though...
GrabberBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #27

Region: California
Beautiful car man! If I had the money, I would get one just like that.
RioRed97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Congrats on the new car. Looks really nice! I just ordered mine and its getting built next week.
55R2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Beautiful car man!!! I just ordered my Mustang last week and the anticipation is killing me!!!!!
BigP0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
I thought I had a lot of patience, but you guys have proved me wrong. I'd have to drive coast to coast to get what I wanted before I could wait on an order. Good luck with your new cars.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT