CAI Installed! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2013, 01:41 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
CAI Installed!

Well, I installed the CAI this morning. Easy as pie. The instructions said if I had a manual tranny, to blank the smallest inlet on the tube. My car had three hoses to begin with so I installed the two smaller hoses and capped the opening for the sound tube since I took it off. Drove it for a while and had no issues at all. I'll wait to install the axle-back exhaust when the temp. is at least sixty.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
What cai and did u load a tune to or is it a non tune cai? I'm honking about going with the airaid. No tune cai and when I decide to void the warranty and go with a tune I can take out the maf sensor and be on my way.
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Joey8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey8 View Post
What cai and did u load a tune to or is it a non tune cai? I'm honking about going with the airaid. No tune cai and when I decide to void the warranty and go with a tune I can take out the maf sensor and be on my way.
I got the AIRAID. I installed with the ventury, so no tune needed. When I get a tuner, I'll remove the ventury.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Sweet how do u like ur intake. Did it change the sound up
GE3G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE3G View Post
Sweet how do u like ur intake. Did it change the sound up
I hear the exhaust sound from behind. I'll see how it goes when I install the Borla Stinger axle-back. What possessed FORD to put that dumb sound tube I'll never know. I really didn't notice any difference performance wise. I'm about four months away from getting a tuner.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

did it throw any codes?
l l 6 Spd l Prem Pkg l Nav l TP l LthrRecaros l AmericanRacing 1 7/8 LTs l O/R H l JLT CF CAI lVMP Tuned l BorlaS Quads w/ResDel. l GT500Valance l KoniStr.T l K-Springs l GT500 Mounts l BMR UCA&LCA l BMR Relos l BMR Panhard l SpeedDawg Knob l 5.0 LloydsMats l Redline HoodStrts l Bobs CF Oil Sep. l 15% Tint l CDC Grille l StrtScn2 ChinSpoiler l GT/CS Fogs w/4500k l RTR DeckLid l CF Engine/CoilCoversl
Old 03-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
did it throw any codes?
No, I drove it for about six miles (engine got up to oper temp. All good. The first time I started it up, it cranked longer than normal before it started. It's stared right up after that.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
...take out the maf sensor...what? LOL you kinda need that...
Old 03-23-2013, 07:26 PM   #9
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
You already have a CAI so don't waste your money on one that doesn't require a tune. Save that cash and work towards a tuner.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
You already have a CAI so don't waste your money on one that doesn't require a tune. Save that cash and work towards a tuner.
True but a lot of people are going to but them for the looks, kind of an engine appearance mod. It sounds cool, looks cool and I haven't read any real adverse effects of having a CAI. Water getting on the intake, don't think anyone has blown up an engine. All of the MAF turbulence discussed on Modularfords no harm to the engine from anyone . IMO its like any mod, not needed but many people chose to do it for various deferent reasons. Many people don't want to void the warranty, many people don't care. There is plenty of things to do without voiding the most important part of the warranty, the powertrain. OP's mod is pretty neat that he can have it for looks, no tune keep the warranty and then whenever it's up or decides to say F-it and void the warranty the CAI is already installed and just needs one part removed.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty5.0 View Post
True but a lot of people are going to but them for the looks, kind of an engine appearance mod. It sounds cool, looks cool and I haven't read any real adverse effects of having a CAI. Water getting on the intake, don't think anyone has blown up an engine. All of the MAF turbulence discussed on Modularfords no harm to the engine from anyone . IMO its like any mod, not needed but many people chose to do it for various deferent reasons.
Just all depends on which direction you are going in. Cosmetic or power gains.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

...take out the maf sensor...what? LOL you kinda need that...
I meant the censor u put into the cai tube so u can run it without a tune. I just hope an airaid cai doesn't cause the engine to run lean?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Agreed, I just don't think CAI's are "useless" as many people try to argue. Everyone knows we don't need another 10pg debate on that subject.
BlackBetty5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

In not looking to gain massive amounts of hp if any at all. Just love the way the sound and look to be honest. Like I said it my other post I just hope It doesn't make the engine run leaner...
Old 03-23-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post

Like I said above, I put the MAS in with the venturi inside the tube. When I get the tuner, I'll remove the venturi. I went in with my eyes open. I don't expect to get any noticeable HP even with a tune. After I upgrade the suspension and the brakes, and summer tires with designated wheels
I'll start on power adders. That won't be until 2014.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
cai