Why you need LCA relocation brackets when your lowered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Why you need LCA relocation brackets when your lowered

I just wanted to post this so people can reference why they need relocation brackets, and preferably new LCA. I just installed BMR LCA and Relocation brackets on my car that has a 1.7" drop in the front and a 2.4" drop in the rear. I took the photos with the axle supporting the car on jack stands so you can see the angle of the LCA. The stock one is the stamped steel garbage and the BMR are of course the boxed poly bushings LCA.

You can clearly see the angle of the stock LCA is angled from the axle downward by a lot towards the frame of the car while the BMR with the relocation bracket installed is angled slightly upwards towards the car. Now to be far they would have sat closer to level with a very slight down angle had I chosen the middle slot on the relocation brackets so in my case I chose the bottom slot. I take this to be because I did such a drastic drop.

Car drives like a dream, launches hard now and I barely get wheel hop. I expect wheel hop to be completely eliminated once I get around to getting the UCA and bracket. Although it might go away with the new rims and tires I have coming in on monday.

Also, here is my warrior wound from installing the LCA and relo brackets. Don't ask how I got it, too ashamed too say. Hurts like a B8%&$ tho.

Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Florida
I was at BMR shop yesterday were they make all there parts. Kelly the ford guy at BMR took a picture of my LCA in the stock location. My LCA was almost 3" higher on the axle in the stock hole.

I'm using the middle hole which was what they recommend.
racksteris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
@ nosimpathy #4 picture is a dussy. I bet that smarts! If it makes you feel any better, I broke the fingernail on my left index finger doing something dumb putting a CAI in. I keep them trimmed, but it just caught right to break behind flesh.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight View Post
@ nosimpathy #4 picture is a dussy. I bet that smarts! If it makes you feel any better, I broke the fingernail on my left index finger doing something dumb putting a CAI in. I keep them trimmed, but it just caught right to break behind flesh.
oouuuuuuuuuuuch.

Yeah in my case I crushed it trying to break the nut holding the LCA to the chassy free. It is in a weird spot and hard to get too while just on jack stands. If I had a car lift would have been cake. Still got it off with a breaker bar but only after crushing my finger.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by racksteris View Post
I was at BMR shop yesterday were they make all there parts. Kelly the ford guy at BMR took a picture of my LCA in the stock location. My LCA was almost 3" higher on the axle in the stock hole.

I'm using the middle hole which was what they recommend.
how much drop do you have tho? My LCA wouldn't have sat level but still at a bad down angle. They are at a very slight up angle now. If I had only dropped 1-1.5" I would have used the middle slot. I test drove the car for 30 mins after and she drives just as smooth as before except that she just digs into the ground like a champ now.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arizona
What suspension work is there that doesn't lower the car?
TooSlow4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooSlow4U View Post
What suspension work is there that doesn't lower the car?
is this aimed at me?

I only posted this because I think in the last week I have had to explain to atleast a handful of people on here why they need LCA and relo brackets. I just was posting this too show why. A visual reference of the bad angle that the LCA end up at without relo brackets.

lotta people buying 1"-1.5" drops with no plans to touch their LCA at all. Personally I did things the way I did because of money and I knew what I was getting into. I have only been lowered about a month and have the LCA and relo brackets done and next is UCA and bracket. Then my suspension is finished and I can concentrate on other things, like an MGW shifter and aluminum drive shaft, etc.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Thanks alot for this post. I have ordered everything but left out relocation brackets. Is there a difference in relocation brackets or are they all pretty much the same?
tarupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
What was pricing like for what you installed? And about how long did it take ya
Jgray24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 AM   #9
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarupert View Post
Thanks alot for this post. I have ordered everything but left out relocation brackets. Is there a difference in relocation brackets or are they all pretty much the same?
No they are not all the same. Some are bolt on and some are weld in. Some have more holes for adjustment than others, some are made of different thickness. I personally have the BMR brackets, they are Bolt in and are pretty heavy duty pieces.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT