Need to get it off stilts what you recommend as far as springs and shocks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Need to get it off stilts what you recommend as far as springs and shocks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1644498617.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	553.7 KB
ID:	98061
Whtghost1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
I have k springs and tokico, super super happy and awesome handling and looks.
It is low but still get into any place without scraping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1885266187.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	432.6 KB
ID:	98073   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2319294372.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	565.3 KB
ID:	98074  

McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Cool yah I want to do the front boss splitter and roush grills too. I'm just trying to get a good spring and shock put on. That still has a nice ride. My last car had stress ultralights they weren't to bad. Btw nice ride MCQueen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
While Tokico does make the boss and FRPP dampers I still wouldn't use them. They don't have as good of damping rates and they also have more cross talk than the Koni yellows. Even if money was no issue I would still take the Koni oranges over the Tokico. I am running p springs, I think the 1" drop is perfect. However the amount of drop is personal opinion and can't go worn with k springs, BMR, or Steeda. I would look into replacing lca and uca very shortly after as well.

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:58 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtghost1979 View Post
Cool yah I want to do the front boss splitter and roush grills too. I'm just trying to get a good spring and shock put on. That still has a nice ride. My last car had stress ultralights they weren't to bad. Btw nice ride MCQueen
Thanks man, u ride is nice as well!!
Take your time and research a bit. I took about 2 full month to decide.
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
FRHP, Struts & Mounts, Shocks, Lowering Springs, Front & Rear Sway Bars, Tower Strut and Jounce Stops. Love this package.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I've been looking at some koni's just not 100% on the springs yet. I'm going to run a maximum motorsports pan hard bar and probably Metco upper and lowers with relocation brackets
Old 03-24-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
While Tokico does make the boss and FRPP dampers I still wouldn't use them. They don't have as good of damping rates and they also have more cross talk than the Koni yellows. Even if money was no issue I would still take the Koni oranges over the Tokico. I am running p springs, I think the 1" drop is perfect. However the amount of drop is personal opinion and can't go worn with k springs, BMR, or Steeda. I would look into replacing lca and uca very shortly after as well.
I second Koni for shocks and struts. They handle my insane drop of 1.7" front and 2.4" rear without complaint day in and day out.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

i just dropped mine with eibach 1.5" all around from AM. and panhard bar. took it to ford the other day bc of rear end leak. and i had them check all my suspension bc i wanted to know if i needed lcas and relo brackets. and shocks n struts. they said my alignment was dead on. the rear end was perfect. adding lcas and that stuff wasnt needed unless i planned on dragging the car to launch better. and shocks n struts are fine with a 1.5" drop. this is coming from the best tech at the dealership. and his credentials are pretty darn good. he was on pinks all out and won with his mustang drag car. so ill take his word for it that i dont need lcas for my application. but for some reason everyone on this forum says you have to get them and shocks n struts. but every shop i have went to for suspension questions has said the same thing. WHY? are you gonna be racing? if you just want it to look good going down the road then you should keep it how you want it. just saying.
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Yah but when you work at a gm dealership and drive a ford it's nice to leave camaros behind when you hook and leave lol
Old 03-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whtghost1979 View Post
Yah but when you work at a gm dealership and drive a ford it's nice to leave camaros behind when you hook and leave lol
touche
Brembo Brake package, 3.73s, Roush axle-back exhaust, 20% tint all around, All lights and reflectors tinted gun smoke, 20X8.5 and 20x10 wheels and tires, Lowered 1.5" with Eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, BBK CAI, Bama 93R tune, JLT oil separator, Black "5.0" badge, Black billet shift knob
Yuckooo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

The lcas and Uca really do make a difference. Drive a car with those mods and you notice a difference in how much better you can control the car and how much less wheel spin and wheel hop there is. Easier to launch hard and more stability/better handling on the road. Plus the stock components are stamped steel with soft rubber bushings which have lots of flex and play, simply put, the stock parts are subpar

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
The lcas and Uca really do make a difference. Drive a car with those mods and you notice a difference in how much better you can control the car and how much less wheel spin and wheel hop there is. Easier to launch hard and more stability/better handling on the road. Plus the stock components are stamped steel with soft rubber bushings which have lots of flex and play, simply put, the stock parts are subpar
Does the lca and lca bracket make any difference on the auto 13s? I bought bmr lca and lca b., just havent installed them, i really dont get much wheel hop....i think lol
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Does the lca and lca bracket make any difference on the auto 13s? I bought bmr lca and lca b., just havent installed them, i really dont get much wheel hop....i think lol
Yes. The car just sticks after adding them.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Yah I think stock is good for about 30 min or 30 miles driven off the showroom other then that these cars just get better and better when you start to mod them. On my 5th mustang and non stayed stock for too long lol. To bad I have to pay taxes this year or I'd be having ups show up for a few days straight lol
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #16
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Absolutely, less flex in the control arms means the axle is more stable while driving, and the lca brackets give the correct lca angle for you to launch harder, even in just normal driving, when I'm not racing or launching hard, it still makes a difference in stability and traction, 400+ hp needs all the help it can get to the ground

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT