$1400 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
$1400

I have about $1400 bucks to spend on my wish list. Not gonna tune yet cause of warranty. Looking at JLT oil can, Barton shifter(already have two post bracket), Roush side splitters. Anyone have the Aeroforce gauges? Also I am totally confused with suspension! I want to lower at least 1.5" or more but confused if I need struts or not, if earlier ones will fit, GT 500 mounts etc. any insight will be helpful in my decision.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
I have about $1400 bucks to spend on my wish list. Not gonna tune yet cause of warranty. Looking at JLT oil can, Barton shifter(already have two post bracket), Roush side splitters. Anyone have the Aeroforce gauges? Also I am totally confused with suspension! I want to lower at least 1.5" or more but confused if I need struts or not, if earlier ones will fit, GT 500 mounts etc. any insight will be helpful in my decision.
Koni yellows
Bmr lca
Bmr lca bracket
Bmr panhard bar
W.e springs u want
Optional but suggest steeda hd mounts
Done!
OzzyLiriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
If you're gonna lower it you'll need to add an adjustable pan hard bar to correct the rear end. When lowering the rear, it'll shift over to the driver side a bit. And Caster/Camber plates would be a good investment to correct the front end alignment. You could get away with camber bolts but I like the C/C plates myself. I went with the BMR Pan hard bar and the Maximum Motorsports C/C plates.
primer2tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyLiriano View Post

Koni yellows
Bmr lca
Bmr lca bracket
Bmr panhard bar
W.e springs u want
Optional but suggest steeda hd mounts
Done!
But do we buy struts for earlier models for the mounts to work or what ? The more I read about it , the more confused I get ! Do I get 05-10 struts and GT500 mounts and go? Or do I get '11+ stuff and have to buy CC plates?

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer2tone View Post
If you're gonna lower it you'll need to add an adjustable pan hard bar to correct the rear end. When lowering the rear, it'll shift over to the driver side a bit. And Caster/Camber plates would be a good investment to correct the front end alignment. You could get away with camber bolts but I like the C/C plates myself. I went with the BMR Pan hard bar and the Maximum Motorsports C/C plates.
Thanks. I know I have to have a panhard bar, just confused about wether or not to buy 05-10 struts with GT500 mounts or stick with 11+ stuff.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #5
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

You don't have to buy C/C plates. Camber bolts will do but I prefer C/C plates. I'm still running my stock struts too.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

But do we buy struts for earlier models for the mounts to work or what ? The more I read about it , the more confused I get ! Do I get 05-10 struts and GT500 mounts and go? Or do I get '11+ stuff and have to buy CC plates?

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Thanks. I know I have to have a panhard bar, just confused about wether or not to buy 05-10 struts with GT500 mounts or stick with 11+ stuff.
I got 11+ everything
Old 03-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You don't have to buy C/C plates. Camber bolts will do but I prefer C/C plates. I'm still running my stock struts too.
How's the ride and how much did you lower? If I get 05-10 struts is that the only way GT500 mounts will work ?
Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

How's the ride and how much did you lower? If I get 05-10 struts is that the only way GT500 mounts will work ?
Yes sir, and if you research koni yellows are the best, idk if they work 05-10, then comes tokico which work with the gt500 mounts and k springs or steeda would be my suggestion, just look for which drop steeda springs offer at their site.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 PM   #9
It's not me, it's you.
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

I'm lowered 1 3/4 and 2 1/4 rear. It's rough. I'm going to upgrade to coil overs in the near future.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #10
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Damn primer you better get new ones, I know yours are shot lol, mine were shot after being lowered 1" for 20k miles and you're much lower than I am

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
I second getting CC plates. 1.7" front and 2.4" rear drops and I felt I HAD to get them to make sure she stays in alignment. Camber bolts under the stress of auto x and drag racing can snap. CC Plates won't

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT