Power Plug on 2011 GT?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Power Plug on 2011 GT??

Is this a standard feature on the premium GTs? Or is this aftermarket?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3025191718.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	438.3 KB
ID:	98523  
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
rick9550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Mine doesn't have this. What is it to? USB, iPod?
lwandrewz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick9550 View Post
Is this a standard feature on the premium GTs? Or is this aftermarket?
Looks like you have a 90 degree adapter on your ODBII port.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

The car does not start when intake the plug out. It says Power Plug on the insert plug.
2011 GT Premium Black on Black, Eibach Sportline, Eibach Camber Bolts, BMRAdjustable Pan-hard bar, 19 x 9 Replica Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 275/35-19, GT/CSFront Fascia, C&L CAI, SCT SF3 w/ Bama Tune, Bassani Axle backs.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

May be it some sort of aftermarket lo-jack?? Got this sticker on the window too.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-1752499629.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	563.8 KB
ID:	98556  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Here is a pic of the plug.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3789210613.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	614.9 KB
ID:	98557  
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

hmmm, someone on here was talking about a "kill switch" for the cars which is a plug you can remove and then the car will not start. I wonder if that is what that is? Sounds like it from the way you describe it.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah... I found that there is a company called Ravelco that sells a product like this. (its ugly though) I cannot find anything about this one with "Power Plug" on the "kill switch" plug. It even says "POWER PLUG" on the body of the female side of the controller attached to the car. Definitely aftermarket screws holding it on, as I get under and look closer.

Anyone have any ideas on Manufacture? or Features? I would love to know if it is actually traceable. Gotta love finding features on a used car. Kinda like finding a $5 bill in my pockets I didn't know I had.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah... I found that there is a company called Ravelco that sells a product like this. (its ugly though) I cannot find anything about this one with "Power Plug" on the "kill switch" plug. It even says "POWER PLUG" on the body of the female side of the controller attached to the car. Definitely aftermarket screws holding it on, as I get under and look closer.

Anyone have any ideas on Manufacture? or Features? I would love to know if it is actually traceable. Gotta love finding features on a used car. Kinda like finding a $5 bill in my pockets I didn't know I had.
Ravelco is the best plug kill switch u can buy. This looks like a knock off brand.
2013 DIB Premium GT/CS, 6MT, Cervinis Ram-Air Hood, RTR Charcoal 19X9.5s, BBK Cat Deletes & X-Pipe, DMH E-Cutouts, GT500 Rear Diffuser w/GT500 Quad-tip Axle-Backs, AED E85 Lope Tune, Boss 302 Intake, BBK 85mm TB, JLT CAI, Dynatech Alum DS, FRPP 3.73's, Eibach Pro-Springs and Pro-Struts/shocks, J&M Adj Panhard Bar, UPR Billet Alum LCA's, BMR UCA & Bracket & Relo Brackets, Eibach Adj Sway Bars, MGW Shifter, Brembo brake kit w/14" slotted 2 piece Boogie Full Tilt Racing Rotors, Llumar 30/5 Tint
Jetag93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post

Ravelco is the best plug kill switch u can buy. This looks like a knock off brand.
Probably... Just trying to find who makes this. The fact that I can't find anything about it on the interweb makes me suspicious and worried about how long this thing will last and if it will cause me problems in the near future.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this before??
Old 03-26-2013, 08:36 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:

Probably... Just trying to find who makes this. The fact that I can't find anything about it on the interweb makes me suspicious and worried about how long this thing will last and if it will cause me problems in the near future.

Anyone ever seen or heard of this before??
Start tracing wires from the plug and see if you come across a control box or module of some sort. I had to do this once on my '01 that had a remote start. Might be a name or more info on it if you can find it. Maybe wire tied up under the dash like mine was. Just an idea.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #12
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

My father inlaws Colorado customs truck had this. It actually helped stop some thieves from stealing his truck. They tore up his steering column but couldn't get the truck started because he pulled the plug when he went in the store to do some shopping.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You read my mind. Just traced the wires back. Nothing special. Just wired up to the neutral safety switch. My $5 turned out to be fake. Lol.

And, the tracking sticker on the window is for GPS tracking feature with Sync.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
My father inlaws Colorado customs truck had this. It actually helped stop some thieves from stealing his truck. They tore up his steering column but couldn't get the truck started because he pulled the plug when he went in the store to do some shopping.
It would have been nice to have this with my 95. It was stolen when my wife drove it to work. It was the first and last time she has driven one of my cars to work. Lol. She removes the key in my 11 if she drives my car anywhere now.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

[QUOTE="rick9550;1585339"]You read my mind. Just traced the wires back. Nothing special. Just wired up to the neutral safety switch. My $5 turned out to be fake. Lol.

And, the tracking sticker on the window is for GPS tracking feature with Sync.

Cool. It's nothing more than a jumper plug then. Still a good safety deterent though. I'd keep it as long as it doesn't cause problems. I had a '67 growing up and wired a toggle switch in a similar fashion and hid it up under the dash. Hard to find unless you knew about it. I could sit in the drivers seat and reach and find it but it was good for peace of mind.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I think I will re-wire it. Not to happy with the way the previous owner connected the wires. Should be pretty simple and I can't imagine that it will cause any issues. It's pretty basic but effective. I would have been more concerned if there was some sort of module or if it was wired to something I was not familiar with.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I think I will re-wire it. Not to happy with the way the previous owner connected the wires. Should be pretty simple and I can't imagine that it will cause any issues. It's pretty basic but effective. I would have been more concerned if there was some sort of module or if it was wired to something I was not familiar with.
Don't blame ya. All it is doing is rerouting the voltage for that circuit and the plug completes that circuit. Pretty simple, just looks fancy. You might even be able to find a more remote or hard to notice spot to mount the plug too. Keep thieves from being able to just stick a jumper wire or paper clip in it in case they have seen something like it before.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetag93 View Post
this looks like something I may do at some point. 469 isn't bad at all for the system with it installed. Just there are no certified dealers near me

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2011 gt