is it hard to install a factory 2010 to 2013 mustang gps radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
is it hard to install a factory 2010 to 2013 mustang gps radio

I wanted to buy a 2010 to 2013 factory mustang gps radio. I have the standard shaker radio but I wanted the gps screen plus it offers so many features compared to the standard unit. is it a plug and play unit ?? just asking incase I find one and buy it, don't wanna buy something I cant use, trying to upgrade my car cheaper than if I woulda had to buy from ford, my mustangs a 2011 v6 poney package..
manlaw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by manlaw38 View Post
I wanted to buy a 2010 to 2013 factory mustang gps radio. I have the standard shaker radio but I wanted the gps screen plus it offers so many features compared to the standard unit. is it a plug and play unit ?? just asking incase I find one and buy it, don't wanna buy something I cant use, trying to upgrade my car cheaper than if I woulda had to buy from ford, my mustangs a 2011 v6 poney package..
Have you looked on Crutchfield to see if they have an easier option? I seem to remember on this forum or another someone had a pioneer or something that was pretty sweet. Plus they would have all necessary hardware to hook you up.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:36 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
Have you looked on Crutchfield to see if they have an easier option? I seem to remember on this forum or another someone had a pioneer or something that was pretty sweet. Plus they would have all necessary hardware to hook you up.
that sucker is like 1500 dollars.
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

that sucker is like 1500 dollars.
Versus how much to buy all the factory stuff? Wouldn't he have to have a new face plate too? I've never looked, just wondering. And would his car be wired for factory unit versus aftermarket harness plug and play? I have no clue. Never looked into it.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
Versus how much to buy all the factory stuff? Wouldn't he have to have a new face plate too? I've never looked, just wondering. And would his car be wired for factory unit versus aftermarket harness plug and play? I have no clue. Never looked into it.
no I agree with you haha I should have been more clear and I really wasn't. The pioneer is an 8" screen with dash kit for around 1500. You can spend less getting a dash kit like the Metra, or if you can find it the scosche and a double din unit of your choice. Might be able to stay around 1k.

The pioneer does look like a beastly unit though.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

no I agree with you haha I should have been more clear and I really wasn't. The pioneer is an 8" screen with dash kit for around 1500. You can spend less getting a dash kit like the Metra, or if you can find it the scosche and a double din unit of your choice. Might be able to stay around 1k.

The pioneer does look like a beastly unit though.
I wasn't trying to question anyone's knowledge, as I have none of my own. I haven't looked at any of them. The only thing I've ever seen is the guy that had the pioneer on a forum(not sure which one).
Old 03-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Even if you had all factory components to put GPS in your car you would still have to take it in for a custom reflash due to all systems run through the body control module and pcm, I would go aftermarket it WILL be CHEAPER for you believe it...the factory parts list will be scary plus the reflash, no warranty coverage on those systems after the reflash
Krazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:22 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy Horse View Post
Even if you had all factory components to put GPS in your car you would still have to take it in for a custom reflash due to all systems run through the body control module and pcm, I would go aftermarket it WILL be CHEAPER for you believe it...the factory parts list will be scary plus the reflash, no warranty coverage on those systems after the reflash
Good to know. Figured it would be a nightmare.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

U said that right, even if u had a donor car from salvage for cheap parts it will still hurt, or you could trade up to the 13 gt500 like I'm drooling on
Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
U said that right, even if u had a donor car from salvage for cheap parts it will still hurt, or you could trade up to the 13 gt500 like I'm drooling on
And who on here is not??????
Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Not that I have one, would have to evict neighbors dog to have place to live. Lmao, I'm 26k in 2 foxes so I'm screwed
Old 03-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Not that I have one, would have to evict neighbors dog to have place to live. Lmao, I'm 26k in 2 foxes so I'm screwed
Just saw you were from Alabama so I don't like you anymore! Sooooiiieeee pig! Just kidding! Hey they're all money pits, just depends on what level you start at.

Got to triple digits with that post! WOO HOO!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I live in Alabama, from Oahu Hawai'i ...military route, got out now stuck in mud here ,fml .....;(
Old 03-27-2013, 09:57 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Maryland
thanks guys for the imput
, nothings easy anymore when it comes to working on ones own car unless u have a PHD from ITT. lol.. wow in the old days u could just plug and play and it was a better time.. ok guys guess ill just leave it alone... it took me 40 yrs to get my first new car. im soon to be 54. had a tought life lol... I wish I coulda got the car I really wanted. but got what I could afford, I got the v6 poney package . it was best I could do.. I bought the 2013 xenon 2013 headlights to install on my 2011 halogen , now cant find the wire harness plugs, a guyon here tuxsedoblk says he has them , he says hes making harness , I wish he would tell us where to get these plugs so I can make my own harness,its gotta be out there, im still checking going to an electronic warehouse in Baltimore this weekend. I know hes gonna want a small fortune for them. Ill make my own stuff. ok guys if u hear where to get these plugs let me know.
manlaw38 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Tags
2013 mustang