Opinions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Opinions

How's this sound for a start on suspension?

05-10 Koni STRT's or Tokiko non adjustables
FRPP K springs
GT500 mounts
Panhard bar (not sure of brand yet)
BMR LCA's and relo brackets

All of this would be going on a 2011 GT/CS.
Any opinions on struts is welcome. Car is never tracked, I live in a very small town nowhere close to a track.
ARfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARfirefighter View Post
How's this sound for a start on suspension?

05-10 Koni STRT's or Tokiko non adjustables
FRPP K springs
GT500 mounts
Panhard bar (not sure of brand yet)
BMR LCA's and relo brackets

All of this would be going on a 2011 GT/CS.
Any opinions on struts is welcome. Car is never tracked, I live in a very small town nowhere close to a track.
Sounds like good choices! You will also want camber bolts to get the car back into alignment. Also, BMR panhard bar is fantastic and easy to adjust. I have it and recommend it 100%.

I also recommend the Konis. I have the holding onto my 1.7" front and 2.4" rear drop H&R SS and they hold the car tight but are super smooth.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #3

Region: North Carolina
+1 on the BMR products - very high quality.
89gtcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosympathy View Post

Sounds like good choices! You will also want camber bolts to get the car back into alignment. Also, BMR panhard bar is fantastic and easy to adjust. I have it and recommend it 100%.

I also recommend the Konis. I have the holding onto my 1.7" front and 2.4" rear drop H&R SS and they hold the car tight but are super smooth.
Koni's are out of stock right now. Might have to wait. Anything against the Tokicko's? Was thinking BMR on all parts on the rear cause you can get it all in red. Thought that would look like a good color scheme under a black car.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Koni's are out of stock right now. Might have to wait. Anything against the Tokicko's? Was thinking BMR on all parts on the rear cause you can get it all in red. Thought that would look like a good color scheme under a black car.
I don't have anything against them, I went with Koni because a few guys on here I have a lot of respect for recommended them and I have been nothing but pleased. I honestly never looked at the other brand because I was set on Koni very quickly.

Also, Koni just so happens to have their North American HQ sitting 10 mins from where I work and when one of the struts came in without the top mount nut I reached out to AM who reached out to Koni and they overnighted one too me with the option of picking it up in person. I literally had a call from Koni immediately from a really cool guy who I now have as a contact. He also said some amazing things about AM and their car show and how their operations works so I just felt great about the company as a whole.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I don't have anything against them, I went with Koni because a few guys on here I have a lot of respect for recommended them and I have been nothing but pleased. I honestly never looked at the other brand because I was set on Koni very quickly.

Also, Koni just so happens to have their North American HQ sitting 10 mins from where I work and when one of the struts came in without the top mount bolt I reached out to AM who reached out to Koni and they overnighted one too me with the option of picking it up in person. I literally had a call from Koni immediately from a really cool guy who I now have as a contact. He also said some amazing things about AM and their car show and how their operations works so I just felt great about the company as a whole.
Walk over there and tell them AM needs more struts tomorrow I hate waiting
Old 03-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Walk over there and tell them AM needs more struts tomorrow I hate waiting
haha! I dunno what has been up with AM lately if they are getting destroyed with orders or what but they have been out of stock on a lot of things.

If it makes you feel any better, i waited literally 3 weeks for my caster camber plates to come in. Had literally everything else in my house waiting to go.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

haha! I dunno what has been up with AM lately if they are getting destroyed with orders or what but they have been out of stock on a lot of things.
Tax refund season is all I can figure. I can hold out for a while, just trying to get my list of ideas complete then choose what to do. I don't have a shop or garage, only a driveway, so I am a fair weather installer. Needs to warm up a bit more if ya catch my drift.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Tax refund season is all I can figure. I can hold out for a while, just trying to get my list of ideas complete then choose what to do. I don't have a shop or garage, only a driveway, so I am a fair weather installer. Needs to warm up a bit more if ya catch my drift.
true that is probably it. I am the same, I did my whole suspension in my driveway by myself in 40 degree weather with jack stands haha.

I hope that someday I will have a heated garage I can actually work in.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

true that is probably it. I am the same, I did my whole suspension in my driveway by myself in 40 degree weather with jack stands haha.

I hope that someday I will have a heated garage I can actually work in.
I have the same dream. Lol. I'm sure Cinci is much colder than lower Arkansas too. I used to be a dealership tech in Memphis before moving down here so I have tools coming out my ears but I am very cold weather intolerant these days. I will wait till it warms up a bit even if I could get my stuff tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:37 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I have the same dream. Lol. I'm sure Cinci is much colder than lower Arkansas too. I used to be a dealership tech in Memphis before moving down here so I have tools coming out my ears but I am very cold weather intolerant these days. I will wait till it warms up a bit even if I could get my stuff tomorrow.
well depends on where you are in cinci. I live in a hilly area so it really isn't windy which is nice, but I work in an extremely flat part of KY and good god I'd leave the house on a 16 degree day in a coat and feel fine and get to work and thought I was gonna die.

Yeah if you have the proper tools it is cake. I don't blame ya on waiting until it warms up, I just couldn't wait
Old 03-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like I don't have a choice but to wait since they are out of stock. Now the guy in the other thread put pics of his car with H&R springs and I am second guessing the K springs. Just don't know how it would look with factory wheels.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 PM   #13
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
BMR is definitely the way to go, or Steeda. Only thing I would add to the list would be adjustable uca and mount

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Looks like I don't have a choice but to wait since they are out of stock. Now the guy in the other thread put pics of his car with H&R springs and I am second guessing the K springs. Just don't know how it would look with factory wheels.
Exact same springs I have
Old 03-26-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I work at a Corvette Restoration place and we have been getting slammed the past month. I can't imagine what a big place like AM has to be like right now. We're definitely in 2nd Christmas season haha.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomdizzle View Post

I work at a Corvette Restoration place and we have been getting slammed the past month. I can't imagine what a big place like AM has to be like right now. We're definitely in 2nd Christmas season haha.
I believe it! I for one am not using tax refund. I put down some tile in a buddy's new house so I wouldn't dip in to my refund(made the wife happy). Only bad thing is, next mod bug will bite and I'll take on another tile job on the side and its a b1tch on my 44 year old ***!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:30 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Quote:
I believe it! I for one am not using tax refund. I put down some tile in a buddy's new house so I wouldn't dip in to my refund(made the wife happy). Only bad thing is, next mod bug will bite and I'll take on another tile job on the side and its a b1tch on my 44 year old ***!
Mortgage the house!
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post

Mortgage the house!
Trying to refi right now but THE BOSS wants a few upgrades inside too. Gotta say I have one of the best out there. She lets me have my hobbies but gotta keep her happy too. She doesn't understand the whole CAR thing, so I sneak in stuff where I can.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #19
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Yea my boss is the same way lol, she hates how much I spend on my car, but she loves me too much to get TOO mad lol

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:04 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0 View Post
Yea my boss is the same way lol, she hates how much I spend on my car, but she loves me too much to get TOO mad lol
Tit for tat my friend, tit for tat

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT