Advice for anyone considering DS Intune - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-28-2013, 04:41 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Advice for anyone considering DS Intune

I got my DS Intune from AM. I haven't tuned my car yet but I did some stock tune data logging then plugged it into my laptop. It installed the drivers and asked me to launch the Intune software that started to update the device and wiped my custom Bama tunes. Then I plugged it in to my GT it told me my vehicle was unsupported. After talking with DS customer service they recommended I update it again.

So after about 2 hrs of pulling and installing updates it recognized my vehicle again but the Bama tunes were gone and I had to request them again from AM/Bama.

Long story short If it works don't let the Intune update software run when you plug it into your computer. I don't think there is a reason to update it unless its some major upgrade or improvement.

Just trying to save others hours of frustration.
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
The Blue Dragon
Regular
Supporter

Region: Kentucky
Sounds like good advice, let us know how you like DS. SCT has been driving people crazy

AUGUST 2012 MOTM!!!!
GrabberBlue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:25 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
I had this problem with mine only it ended up bricking me car. The tuner who did my custom tune is licensed to sell diablo sport and won't sell the intune because it has so many problems and at first turned me down because he didn't want to write a tune for it. I exchanged it for a regular sct from AM and have no trouble, just some advice is that if your willing to tune then forget the warranty and get the tuner that has the least amount of issues. They all have their issues but the sct has the least amount it seems, just from my personal experience.
Redstang1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post
I got my DS Intune from AM. I haven't tuned my car yet but I did some stock tune data logging then plugged it into my laptop. It installed the drivers and asked me to launch the Intune software that started to update the device and wiped my custom Bama tunes. Then I plugged it in to my GT it told me my vehicle was unsupported. After talking with DS customer service they recommended I update it again.

So after about 2 hrs of pulling and installing updates it recognized my vehicle again but the Bama tunes were gone and I had to request them again from AM/Bama.

Long story short If it works don't let the Intune update software run when you plug it into your computer. I don't think there is a reason to update it unless its some major upgrade or improvement.

Ooh man that sucks, could it be your computer that mess up? I hear of a similar story online.
I got mines like 3 weeks ago and it didn't read the vin # because it needed an update and when I plugged it in it just got updated without any problem, it holds more than 3 tunes I currently have 6 in it for the off road h pipe I also install.

Edit: I have DS intune as well
McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Sounds like almost the exact same issues people had with the SCT units. I wish someone would make a handheld tuner that wasn't complete garbage.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #6
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013fiveO View Post

2013fiveO,

I'm sorry updating your tuner turned into such a long process! At least that part is over and you just need new tunes now. If you haven't received your new Bama tunes yet, send me a PM with one of your order numbers. I'll get the tunes emailed to you right away!

Again, sorry for all of the hassle. I'll keep an eye on my inbox for you response!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
2013fiveO,

I'm sorry updating your tuner turned into such a long process! At least that part is over and you just need new tunes now. If you haven't received your new Bama tunes yet, send me a PM with one of your order numbers. I'll get the tunes emailed to you right away!

Again, sorry for all of the hassle. I'll keep an eye on my inbox for you response!

Shane
No need to apologize. It's not AMs fault. The DS Intune is a nice product but it would have been good to know updating it wipes saved tunes. I read issues all over the diablosport website forum about that. Maybe they need to adjust how updates are written to these devices.

I'll PM you. Thanks!
2013fiveO is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 2011-2014 Mustang GT